Christian devotions for dieters

KathyFP

<font color=green>You mean there is more to the so
I have reading a devotional journal to help me keep motivated and stay strong. More importantly helps me grow spiritually.

I thought if anyone was interested, I would post the verse of the day and thought for the day.

Please feel free to post any responses.

May 15

Verse

Mathew 14:31

Today's Thought
Thank the Lord that Christ holds me up when I'm most down.

This is a great Idea. Faith is essential! Thanks for reminding us all.:)

I still have It!
Tracy

Verse
James 5:16

From the Story
The group began every week by admitting their transgressions. Having to admit to the wrongs really helped act as a deterrent during the week. Dieting was almost a joy when it was done with such good frineds. Sharing the experience helps make dieting a success.

Today's thought
Confession is good for the soul and for the diet.

Boy does this apply to our WISH board. I know for me the accountability to the group with the encouragement of supportive friends makes all the difference.

thanks Kathy for posting these. I wanted to add this link

Bible Passage Look-up

to keep handy to look up your verses! The James verse is really applicable to our community here on WISH! The strength of my friends here is something I lean on daily :) Thanks friends!

Sorry I have been in a slump. Now I am back.

Verse
2 Corinthians 1:9

From the Story
A woman had three leteers written on the back of her hand. GIW. She said it reminder her "God Is Watching." When we cannot trust ourselves, it is good to know that there is someone to trust who will not let us down: Jesus Christ.

Today's thought
Watch me closely, Lord. I'm hungry and I am weak.

This is a good reminder for me.

Verse
Hebrews 10:38

Story
The story was about a women who said that she couldn't lose weight. The story states that she didn't ever try. She talked about it but did not put forth any effort. She could not understand why her friends did not sympathize with her. Everyone, including God will sympathize with us when we are giving it our best efforts. However, if we deal with losing weight like the woman did, even God will have little patience with us.

Today's thought
Only fools think they can fool God.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter