Choosing stroller options from rentals

angiepharm

Earning My Ears
i would like to rent a stroller for my 2 1/2 year old. i will be in disney for 1 day alone, prior to the rest of my party arriving. i've tried researching and reading articles about the different stroller options and am still confused. i even called kingdom stroller for their opinion and they basically said any of the strollers are good options. my daughter is small for her size and only 26 pounds. we normally use an umbrella stroller or the graco click connect stroller so im unfamilliar with the jogging strollers. from what i gather the city mini is light weight and easy to fold, but the summit x3 is easy to stear and manuver. im sooo confused. any opinions or recommendations? i would like something that is easy to stear and manuver and is easy to fold. i know the bob is out b/c its a 2 step folding process. i wont be carrying much except a diaper bag and a backpack.

HELP!! thanks in advance

The city is really easy to fold. One handed - just pull a pull strap thats on the seat and it's folded. Just make sure you rent or the rental comes with a rain cover!

The city mini isn't a jogging stroller (even though it's made by baby jogger). It's just a regular stroller, with a full recline, good sun shade and great easy fold system. I have one at home, and we always rent one for Disney (we choose not to have it in the airport). It is very easy to maneuver. I can easily steer one handed with my almost 4 year old in it (she's a little over 30 lbs).

I, like you, know nothing about strollers (never used one). One of my friends steered me towards the City mini gt. It doesn't have plastic wheels, so the ride was smooth. It was easy to push and steer and very comfortable. We liked it so much last time we went with it again for our upcoming trip.

Just a suggestion: if you normally use an umbrella stroller, why not simply bring one? You'll have it for the airport and the resort, even the monorail if that's in your plans. You can gate check it on the plane, that means you'll have it 5 minutes after landing.

We've owned a baby jogger for years. It's a regular stroller, super easy to fold, comfortable for kids, and I can push and turn our double with one hand.

Your daughter will be comfortable in one. Make sure you take the rain cover kingdom strollers offers. It is wonderful for keeping the rain off your little one and keeping the stroller dry.

well, I thought about using the umbrella stroller, which I will be using for the airport, and to get to the resort, but for the amount of walking and comfortability, that's why I wanted one that would be comfortable for her. plus, this is our first trip, just the 2 of us, atleast for the first day, with no family or her dad to help. so I just wanted to make everything as easy as possible for myself and her.

I just heard from the rest of my party, about us getting 2 doubles, since there will be 4 children. so I will now have to lug around the double for the first day with just me and her. we are not staying on a monorail property, we'll be staying in the moderates, so that's why ease of folding is a must for me. our typical stroller at home, as 1 handed folding so I wanted something not complicated.

I'd be concerned about getting doubles. Are you absolutely sure your group won't want to split up at some point? What if one of the kids needs a nap at the resort and the other three don't? I know it could save a little money, but at what cost?

So wait, you have one child and you need to rent a double?

And you'll be there alone, but need a stroller that's heavier than you want to handle?

It seems to me that you rent a single, and the parents of the other 3 rent a single and a double.

we won't be splitting up. So I'm not worried about that. And if worse comes to worse I'll have my umbrella stroller the first day I suppose. I went on ahead and rented the city gt double I saw it at another store and was able to test it out. It was incredibly light weight and easy to move. I think we will be okay on that one

well, I thought about using the umbrella stroller, which I will be using for the airport, and to get to the resort, but for the amount of walking and comfortability, that's why I wanted one that would be comfortable for her. plus, this is our first trip, just the 2 of us, atleast for the first day, with no family or her dad to help. so I just wanted to make everything as easy as possible for myself and her.

I just heard from the rest of my party, about us getting 2 doubles, since there will be 4 children. so I will now have to lug around the double for the first day with just me and her. we are not staying on a monorail property, we'll be staying in the moderates, so that's why ease of folding is a must for me. our typical stroller at home, as 1 handed folding so I wanted something not complicated.

No. You do not need too nor should you be expected to incur the extra expense and headache of a double stroller. The GT is an excellent stroller but it will NOT be nearly as lightweight and easy to move with two kids, especially since your one kid is tiny. Give yourself a break and go for the single.

We just rented a double this last trip (we usually rent 2 singles but didn't this time).

Something we had never considered since we always stayed on the monorail line...you have to fold those monsters up to ride the tram from parking to the TTC.-and you don't have much room to even squeeze it in the aisle. You will also have to lift the double OVER the door to get it in (at least the double from Kingdon Strollers) Its hard enough with 4 kids and a husband that can do it...the one night I went with just my 2 year old and only had the single (didn;t even take the double that night) .....lets just say I walked the 20 minutes from the TTC to my car to avoid the difficulty I had in doing that by myself!

The buses are not as bad just because you have more room.

Would it be possible to rent a single for the day you're alone, then trade it in for a double when the others arrive?

Or bring your umbrella, use it for the airport and the single day, then use the doubles when the others arrive?

I would just use your umbrella stroller while you are there alone and then rent the double (I would go for the city mini gt double) for when everyone it there. It would save you a day's worth of money for the rental.

I am also planning on renting a stroller for DD. Currently, she's 4, 38lb and 42". I'm thinking she might be a little taller when we go in September. I've tried looking at the Baby Jogger website, but I'm having trouble seeing the real difference between the City Mini and the City Mini GT beyond height/weight limits. Any suggestions? Also does anyone have a company they love and recommend?

I am also planning on renting a stroller for DD. Currently, she's 4, 38lb and 42". I'm thinking she might be a little taller when we go in September. I've tried looking at the Baby Jogger website, but I'm having trouble seeing the real difference between the City Mini and the City Mini GT beyond height/weight limits. Any suggestions? Also does anyone have a company they love and recommend?
The only difference in the GT is a height/weight limit. The GT is for bigger kids.

The city mini gt has an adjustable handle and the tires are bigger & foam filled, not plastic. We had one last trip and it was amazing. It is a little heavier but still handles really well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter