Choosing between Not So Scary Halloween party or Very Merry Christmas? And why?

We've been to both - the Halloween party is much more fun to me than the Christmas party. But Halloween is my favorite holiday and there is nothing like being able to wear a costume in Magic Kingdom as an adult.

The Christmas party was fine. We didn't really like most of the freebie cookies offered.

It will probably still be hot enough to swim in November. We swam when we went in December in 2019

I dislike Halloween, love Christmas. My favourite party is Halloween. Though without Hallowishes I am not so sure it will be after this year.

Did they get rid of Hallowishes? Was that fireworks?
I was curious about that comment also. I did both parties last year so I'm skipping them this year although I will be there Labor Day weekend. Both parties have their charms, MNSSHP has the edge but I went in August last year and it was hot!

Our experiences with October weather is summer seems to finally give way to autumn (Florida style) about mid-month.

I would choose the Halloween party every time.
Disney's Halloween party feels much more in line with the holiday. Kids in costumes are running around at night and having an absolute blast. Candy and treats with the added bonus of characters and rides.

While quaint, the Christmas party doesn't feel like Christmas; at least not like it does at home. It is not the big family gathering around the tree. For my family, Christmas is better celebrate at home.

Did both, granted MVMCP was 15 years ago and MNSSHP was last year. I walked out really liking the MNSSHP more than I remembered liking MVMCP.

MNSSHP had more of a holiday feel. With the rides, characters in costume, the snacks, the parades and fireworks, you were immersed into Disney + Halloween. From what I remember the MVMCP didnt have the same feel. I didnt leave there feeling all Christmasy.

If that makes any sense.

I’ve been to the MNSSHP 4 times, and loved it. Never been to MVMCP. This trip spans the end of the Halloween and the first few parties of the Christmas ….
I auto assumed I should do the MVMCP, but now rethinking my plans, garsh durnit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter