Choosing between BOG and Storybook dining?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Would you choose between Storybook dining and Be Our Guest? I know one is a character meal. But let's say, from a food perspective. Don't factor in the characters, maybe just the whole experience, ambiance and food.

Haven't done BOG since before COVID but ....... even with new menu I can't imagine much else changed (other than no Beast greet). Even though a TS it still felt much like the quick service meals except they took my order instead of me placing my order - they brought my drinks. That was really the only difference to me. It did not feel special and don't expect we'll return.

Storybook I've done before and after COVID. It truly feels like a TS, the service was excellent both times, the food presentation is awesome. It's truly a story evolving through a meal. The character interaction TOP NOTCH. I would do it over and over again.

BOG has switched to those pricey fixed menus. Way too expensive for what they now offer. We ate there when it was the prior menu and the food was nothing special. The service is an odd combination of QS & TS. Some people rave about it, but we have no plans to return and couldn't figure out why it seems so popular. Never eaten at Storybook, so can't compare.

Would you choose between Storybook dining and Be Our Guest? I know one is a character meal. But let's say, from a food perspective. Don't factor in the characters, maybe just the whole experience, ambiance and food.
BOG not what it used to be as no photo op with The Beast. Food not as good as it was originally - now consider it overpriced (even in Disney terms) for what you get. Not tried Storybook yet but are aiming to get there on our next visit in September.

We ate at Storybook before Covid, so I don't know what it's like since reopening, but I absolutely loved it. The food was fun and themed, the characters were great (especially the queen!). The whole meal was an experience. I think it might be my favorite character meal.

We ate at BOG once before Covid and it was ok. It was neat to see the inside of the restaurant, but I don't need to go back, especially now that they've moved to the fixed menu.

We ate at Storybook before Covid, so I don't know what it's like since reopening, but I absolutely loved it. The food was fun and themed, the characters were great (especially the queen!). The whole meal was an experience. I think it might be my favorite character meal.

We ate at BOG once before Covid and it was ok. It was neat to see the inside of the restaurant, but I don't need to go back, especially now that they've moved to the fixed menu.
I've done both and there was no difference in any part of it.

Storybook definitely wins for food. BOG could win for ambiance depending on where you are seated it ranges from pretty neat in west wing, to alright in the main hall, to cafeteria with a music box in the side room. Storybook itself doesn't have great ambience, but the Wilderness lodge itself is beautiful. BOG wins for convenience if you are doing a MK day since you don't have to leave the park.

Didn't like the food? I am a bit concerned we wont
The food is definitely different. If you’re an adventurous eater and open to different flavors you may love it. My husband did. My kids didn’t eat anything, but I still prefer it over BOG. BOG is just chaotic and so loud that we couldn’t hear the waiter and he couldn’t hear us. We got the wrong food, it wasn’t even good, oh and we got seated a full hour after our ADR. BOG is just awful.

We loved the food at Storybook. To us this menu was not "adventurous" by any means. The mushroom bisque soup was one of the best things my husband said he had ever had at Disney World. The shrimp cocktail is pretty standard and the hunters pie tastes just like chicken pot pie.

For entrees my husband did the pork shank and I had the fish. It was amazing and we would highly recommend it.

BOG reminded me more of a cafeteria then a popular Disney restaurant. Your order from a computer kiosk after standing in line at the entrance. Then you help yourself to soft drinks and silverware and find yourself a table. The interior is loud/noisy and looks like a dingy old castle that needs more light and some cleaning. I assume part of the reason it used to be popular was they served breakfast and people figured out they could 'game' the park opening time by having breakfast there and then race off to the park to be ahead of everyone else entering the park. BOG no longer serves breakfast. I think any park restaurant serving breakfast should NOT allow you to enter the park before it opens for everyone else.

BOG reminded me more of a cafeteria then a popular Disney restaurant. Your order from a computer kiosk after standing in line at the entrance. Then you help yourself to soft drinks and silverware and find yourself a table. The interior is loud/noisy and looks like a dingy old castle that needs more light and some cleaning. I assume part of the reason it used to be popular was they served breakfast and people figured out they could 'game' the park opening time by having breakfast there and then race off to the park to be ahead of everyone else entering the park. BOG no longer serves breakfast. I think any park restaurant serving breakfast should NOT allow you to enter the park before it opens for everyone else.
This is no longer the case - no Quick Service lunch, which is what you describe. Both lunch and dinner are a sit-down, table-service, prix fixe meal.

Even when we last ate at BOG, we found it an odd mish/mash of QS & TS, regardless of what Disney called it. $67 now for a pricey fixed menu lunch is WAY more then we care to spend no matter which restaurant it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter