Choosing a hotel?

gjdjud

Earning My Ears
Planning our first visit to Disneyland next year. I don’t ever have trouble choosing a WDW hotel but I’m really struggling to choose a hotel. I think hotel suites us better than motel. I’ve narrowed it down to either Hyatt House or HOJO but really undecided. The price is right for both, we like a place to have a pool and to be able to walk to the parks. I’m leaning towards Hyatt House for the bigger rooms. Any views on which to choose or any other comparable hotels for the same sort of price? Family of four, two younger teenage girls.

Hyatt house is newer so hands down between the 2.
Also look at residence inn
Home2suites
Courtyard inn theme park entrance

We stayed at the Hyatt House a couple years ago and it was a nice stay. Pretty new hotel so everything was still in good shape. Included breakfast that was better than many other hotels we've stayed at, and the walk to the parks wasn't bad at all (10-15 mins I'd guess.) Didn't try the pool so can't speak to that, but otherwise it was a trouble-free stay.

I've stayed at HOJO, and I think it's a tad closer. If you can get into Building 1, top floor, facing the parks, you get a pretty nice fireworks view, and it's closer to the street. Cross at the light at Manchester and walk down the opposite side of Harbor, and cut through the closer crosswalk into the dropoff area-- you avoid the crowds at the main Harbor crosswalk.

It's been a few years, though, so while the water playground was nice, not sure what kind of shape everything is in, or how recently it's been updated. It used to be the big DisBoards favorite because until about 2012, they occasionally ran a "retro rate" where you could get a 2 queen, park facing room in Building 1 for $79 a night. People used to wait for those rooms to drop and snap them up. Alas, long gone.

Hyatt House was good when we stayed. They had tater tots for breakfast so that was pretty memorable lol. We liked the room a lot, the pool was nice, it was quiet and clean. The walk WAS a bit far at the end of the night. But we had a great time

Can I ask about Best Western Plus Park Place Inn and mini suites? I’m in the UK and not used to motel accommodation.

Can I ask about Best Western Plus Park Place Inn and mini suites? I’m in the UK and not used to motel accommodation.
We stayed here in a standard room back in 2018. Would we stay here again? Yes. It was an average room, nothing special, but it was clean and had everything we needed. A motel is just an average hotel, except with doors on the outside. For us, not a big deal. The breakfast was average at best, but it was included and got the job done. The location is the best! Cross the street and you're home. Now, I will say we are the type of people who use the room to sleep. We are at the parks from open to close. If you do breaks at the hotel or really care about a great pool, it might not be the place for you.

I stayed there in June. I echo the above- clean, basic, felt safe. I was in 102, right behind the office at the front, and it was noisy with people coming and going. But I didn’t care, because foam earplugs are my best friend when I travel! 😂 I adored being so close. I’ve stayed at GCH, DLH, HoJo, Hyatt Orange County, and Desert Inn (twice, 3rd time next month- not fancy, but consistently the cheapest near the crosswalk).

It’s a motel with no hallways. Cars park a few feet from the doors on the lower level. I am 40 and once we started bringing babies with us to the parks in our mid 30’s I was seriously done with motels. (Prior To that BWPPI was my fave) I get precious little sleep as it is. I need quiet!

I don’t recommend the motels anymore. They are generally not much cheaper than hotels in the area. They are the closest to the park except for Disney’s grand Californian!

In 2019 I went to the parks with just my sister and we stayed there. I thought it would be fine without kids and that the shorter walk would be amazing. It wasn’t worth it to me.

We've stayed at both. HOJO was great when our daughter was younger. Tad closer to the parks, bigger room. Also a "nicer" walk to the parks. We are Hyatt people so we usually stay at the Hyatt house or down the road at the Regency. With a dedicated shuttle bus every 30 min the Regency is a great option. We do like the Hyatt House because of the free breakfast (another shout out to the tots!) and the Walgreens downstairs. Super useful and a bit of a money saver to grab something there if needed before hitting the parks.

If you don't mind clean but VERY basic, the Desert Inn and Suites has some pretty good family suite options. We stayed in the C2 family suite, which is basically two connected rooms--a total of four queen beds, two full bathrooms, a table and chairs,, and one of the rooms had a little separate living room area with a couch and TV. We found it to be super reasonably priced and it honestly couldn't be closer to the parks.

But again, this is a clean, basic hotel. Nothing fancy at all. Just clean and close.

We've stayed at both. The walk to both felt really long at the end of the day! But I'd probably go with Hyatt House. It's very clean, the pool area is nice, there is a Starbucks just outside the lobby! Also a drug store across the parking lot, I forget if it's a Walgreens or Rite aid, but we bought water, forgotten items and snacks there. Hyatt House has a great breakfast, at least during pre covid times. Not sure what they are doing now. It's close to an ART shuttle stop but we only used that once and walked the rest of the days we were there. We had a suite with a great (though distant) view of the parks. There's also a small shop in the hotel lobby with snacks etc. Very comfortable beds.

We really liked Hyatt House. Last I saw on TripAdvisor the bkfst was just a grab n go. Precovid bkfst was really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter