Choose wisely at 60 days out..

Agreed! Glad we booked 60 days out as virtually nothing is available for our trip too. Still hoping to catch someone making some last minute cancelations so that we can move some of ours around. No biggie if we can't. Enjoy your trip!

Agreed. My window opened today and I got everything I wanted (and saw lots that other people want) available for every day.. BOG, CRT, Olga's, Space 220, all fireworks parties, etc.
I didn't even log in until just after 7am EST and everything was available and there were lots of hours available.

But - I've been in the same boat trying to make changes at 30 days or less - one thing to give you hope is that people can/do cancel week of, day before and day of... so, if there's something you'd really like to try keep checking all the way up until you decide to eat somewhere else. You can also always ask at the podium if you can join a waitlist (this option is also available in MDE app when you are in the park/near the restaurant - you do have to be in physical proximity to be able to select that option).

Good luck!

Check again for the last second cancellations in the 24-48 hour window. I snagged a lunch ADR for October 1st at MK about 24 hours before when people were cancelling before the penalty. I too was getting super frustrated as I checked for weeks with nothing popping up beforehand.

Set alerts. We are going Thanksgiving week when it is crazy busy and could get basically nothing at 60 days but we have since gotten every reservation we wanted with alerts. Make sure you are getting text alerts though because they go really fast.

Set alerts. We are going Thanksgiving week when it is crazy busy and could get basically nothing at 60 days but we have since gotten every reservation we wanted with alerts. Make sure you are getting text alerts though because they go really fast.
Apologies for the stupid question, but how to I ensure I'm "getting text alerts?" I ask because I've got an alert for Sanaa on TP and have had for over a month - never gotten an alert, which makes me think I'm either being too picky or I'm not getting alerts. TIA for information.

Try early in the morning (like 4-5 am) and you may scoop the prior nights cancellations. My DIL and I were able to get some great ADR's with that technique over Halloween and F & W for two weeks just recently.

We went in April and there were far fewer restaurants open and the seating was also limited at the time in all the WDW owned restaurants. We made plenty of changes due to WDW extending park hours a week before we were to arrived. We didn't have any issues adjusting our ADR's during the 12 days we were there, sure I spent a little time during the day checking, but I always landed something we wanted. I also got a lot of alerts during the week. We actually ate at some new places in April and found some new ones to add to our go to list.

Because now at 30 days out, trying to tweak my plans and there is no availability anywhere for the third week of December. Even the unpopular places are booked solid. I can try setting alerts but that is a pita.

Sounds like we are around the same week. I have noticed that there have been several times where I have looked and almost nothing was available, and then search again, and a lot more reservations show up (none of the hard to gets, but a few decent options do appear occasionally). Not sure if this is a site or MDE issue. I agree that it is not a lot of options though. We typically go this time of year right before Christmas and stay until a few days before Christmas. In the past, the crowds do seem to grow daily, especially the days leading up to Christmas, but it has always been very manageable. With the lack of hardly any ADRs and seeing that MK and HS are at capacity on the 20th, this year is going to be a lot different. However, being at the 30 day mark, I would continue to check frequently because some may cancel because final/full payment is due. Good luck!!!!

Could someone please help me figure out if I need to get up at 4:45 am Central tomorrow or Thursday? I need ADR's starting on JANUARY 18th. when I get there.

That means November 18th (THURSDAY), correct? Online opens exactly at 5:00 Central, correct?

I used to be such a pro at this and lately am getting so confused. My (shaded) dates keep changing weirdly. I just don't want to drag myself to the computer after a crumby night's sleep if not needed.

Could someone please help me figure out if I need to get up at 4:45 am Central tomorrow or Thursday? I need ADR's starting on JANUARY 18th. when I get there.

That means November 18th (THURSDAY), correct? Online opens exactly at 5:00 Central, correct?

I used to be such a pro at this and lately am getting so confused. My (shaded) dates keep changing weirdly. I just don't want to drag myself to the computer after a crumby night's sleep if not needed.
60 days before January 18th, 2022 is Friday, November 19th. 5:00am CST is correct.

Apologies for the stupid question, but how to I ensure I'm "getting text alerts?" I ask because I've got an alert for Sanaa on TP and have had for over a month - never gotten an alert, which makes me think I'm either being too picky or I'm not getting alerts. TIA for information.
I haven't had any luck with the TP alerts, but subscribed to Mousekepros for $6 a month and they have come through for several hard to get reservations. It might be worth the investment. I think previous poster was talking about another service out there that offers free email alerts (you can pay for text alerts) but you have to act very quickly when alerts come through, so email alerts aren't really useful because you usually see them too late.

I had a lot of luck with TP alerts in the past but not recently. Make sure it’s connected to your phone number and not your email. We were getting email alerts from MD and decided to just pay for text alerts for a month and it’s really paid off.

60 days before January 18th, 2022 is Friday, November 19th. 5:00am CST is correct.
THANK YOU SO MUCH. Wow. I really WAS mixed up. I get confused because there's something else (unless I'm losing my mind) where it's the exact DAY (x numbers of days prior) where you can reserve something. Thought it was ADR's. Thank you for letting me sleep on the 18th.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. Wow. I really WAS mixed up. I get confused because there's something else (unless I'm losing my mind) where it's the exact DAY (x numbers of days prior) where you can reserve something. Thought it was ADR's. Thank you for letting me sleep on the 18th.
If you’re ever unsure, there are Disney calculators out there where you can input your check-in day, and it will tell you the 60-day mark. I always double check my math on one!

we were at Olivias this evening. the place was 1/3 full (at best) for over an hour, when we got by chance the reservation 6 weeks ago it was & has been booked solid. I dont get it. I asked the server, & he said disney gives them a limit on tables. just a waste. no wonder you cant get any reservations

FYI - My window opened today for 1/15... I didn't start making reservations until 7am EST/6am CST and I had everything available. I've continued adjusting/changing up until about 10 minutes ago, and with the exception of Space 220 and some of the firework parties in MK, I am still basically seeing a ton of availability..... January is typically a "slower" time, so it's not quite so time-pressure to get online the second they open... just FYI (maybe you can sleep a tad bit longer without stressing!) :)

FYI - My window opened today for 1/15... I didn't start making reservations until 7am EST/6am CST and I had everything available. I've continued adjusting/changing up until about 10 minutes ago, and with the exception of Space 220 and some of the firework parties in MK, I am still basically seeing a ton of availability..... January is typically a "slower" time, so it's not quite so time-pressure to get online the second they open... just FYI (maybe you can sleep a tad bit longer without stressing!) :)
Thank you. That's very reassuring. I hadn't gone in January in a while. I thought maybe there would be major carryover from the marathons. Were you actually able to get Space 220? JUST REALIZED YOU WERE. HOW FUN.

Last edited:
Because now at 30 days out, trying to tweak my plans and there is no availability anywhere for the third week of December. Even the unpopular places are booked solid. I can try setting alerts but that is a pita.
Yup. I’ve never had this much trouble tweaking plans even over spring break. It’s crazy and starting to make me nervous about our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter