Chocolate Raspberry Bars (for Shortbun)

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
Shortbun was on the Community board looking for a recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Bars. I did a search and this is what I came up with.

Raspberry Chocolate Bars
Makes 48 bars

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2 Mix the flour, sugar and butter or margarine. Press into the batter of a 13x9 inch ungreased baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
3 Mix the raspberries, orange juice, and cornstarch in a 1 quart sauce pan. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Let cool for 10 minutes.
4 Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked crust and spoon the raspberry mixture over the top.
5 Bake at 350 degrees F (1715 degrees C) for 20 minutes or until the raspberry mixture has set. Remove from oven and let cool. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate if desired. Cut into 2x1 inch squares.

I found that one here: http://www.cookierecipe.com/az/raspberrychocolatebars.asp

Found this one too:

Chocolate Raspberry Bars

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
3/4 cup raspberry jam
1 pkg. (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup almonds, chopped and blanched
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 tbsp. milk

Directions: Combine flour and 1 cup sugar in a bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add egg and almond extract; stir well. Set aside 1 cup of flour mixture for the topping. Press remaining flour mixture into a lightly greased 13x9-inch pan. Spread raspberry jam evenly over dough. Combine reserved flour mixture, chocolate morsels and almonds; stir well. Sprinkle topping over raspberry jam; gently press topping into jam with a fork. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Combine powdered sugar and milk in small bowl; stirring until mixture is smooth. Drizzle glaze over the toppings. Cut into bars.

That one came from this site: http://foodgeeks.com/recipes/recipe.phtml?recipe_id=2040

Want more?

Chocolate Raspberry Bars
Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine

Filling:
1/2 cup raspberry jam
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. milk
1 cup vanilla-flavored chips, melted

Glaze:
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp. shortening

Directions: In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake at 375°F for 15 to 18 minutes or until browned. Spread jam over warm crust. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add vanilla chips; beat until smooth. Spread carefully over jam layer. Cool completely. Chill until set, about 1 hour. For glaze, melt chocolate chips and shortening; spread over filling. Chill for 10 minutes. Cut into bars; chill another hour. Store in the refrigerator.

That one is from here: http://foodgeeks.com/recipes/recipe.phtml?recipe_id=3037

Hope one of them is what you are looking for.

They all look wonderful! I don't think
any is the exact but I'm going to print them
and ask my neighbor what she thinks!

Count on the good folks from the DIS for help with
anything!!!!!
mimi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter