Chocolate and Liquor tasting- 20 year old

PrettyPrincessJen

Disney Princess
I have a 20-year-old daughter coming and I'm wondering if she can still participate in the chocolate tasting without getting the liquor portion. I understand that she's underage and can't be served alcohol, but I'll happily pay for and drink her portion.

TIA

I have a 20-year-old daughter coming and I'm wondering if she can still participate in the chocolate tasting without getting the liquor portion. I understand that she's underage and can't be served alcohol, but I'll happily pay for and drink her portion.

TIA
I believe it's an age restricted activity and you will not be able to select her during the booking process.

No, she can't. When you sign up online it only allows people of the right age group to sign up. (Both adult only things and under 12 things.). When I did the class, there were some solid Valrhonna chocolates (2 each of dark, milk, white). I saved half to take with me for my 18/22 yr olds. They gave me a napkin to wrap them up.

I doubt it.

I did it on the 4 night Spain cruise in August 2023. It was in Pink Champagne Bar.

It was hosted by Dani, the head Sommelier. He went through the drinks one by one, giving the history and information. The chocolate is just a pairing, to enhance the flavour of each drink. Its only an hour long, so if you doubled up on each drink its a lot of alcohol for one person in a short time.

We had a glass of
  • Taittinger Champagne
  • Lasseter Chemin de Fer Red Wine
  • Taylor Fladgate 10 Year Old Tawny Port
  • Glenmorangie Signet
The chocolate was
  • A piece of milk, white and dark chocolate
  • Melted dark chocolate
  • Melted white and milk chocolate together in the same glass
We also got a glass of cubed parmesan reggiano cheese and a can of Italian San Benedetto still water.

My Instagram (8).png

If your cruise is leaving from the US, it's unlikely your daughter will be allowed to participate in a tasting that includes alcohol. (If you'll be in Europe, it is possible you can give permission for her to drink with a parent.) You won't be able to book your daughter in advance in any case. You can ask at guest services if she would be allowed to attend and not drink.

However, the chocolate and liquor tasting wouldn't be worth the cost without the alcohol. The point (at least when I attended on the Fantasy a year ago) is seeing how the chocolate affects the taste of the liquor and vice versa. You would be better off taking some of your chocolate back to your room for your daughter, as Geomom mentioned.

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the replies. We will probably try to do the Remy Dessert Experience instead, then : )
Great idea! Something your 20 yr old can attend and the focus is on the desserts vs alcohol with a taste of chocolate.

The focus of choc and wine tasting is combining the flavors of the chocolate with the different drinks. There's not really a "chocolate tasting" only part. So even if you could bring a 20YO, I wouldn't suggest it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter