• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

I was the type of kid that would have despised a surprise trip. From wanting to pack my own stuff to wanting to talk about it - surprise would have been a big fail for me too

good luck with your surprises, hope they go the way you imagine

Am I the only one that didn't know MK opens at 8 a.m. now on November 13th? I don't know when it happened...someone in a facebook group mentioned it recently. It isn't showing up as an 8 a.m. opening on the site I usually use for planning, but it does show up on MDE. My BOG breakfast is no longer PPO but at least I was able to snag a couple of 8 a.m. fastpasses to 7DMT.

Am I the only one that didn't know MK opens at 8 a.m. now on November 13th? I don't know when it happened...someone in a facebook group mentioned it recently. It isn't showing up as an 8 a.m. opening on the site I usually use for planning, but it does show up on MDE. My BOG breakfast is no longer PPO but at least I was able to snag a couple of 8 a.m. fastpasses to 7DMT.

I think it just happened recently. I was a few days late past my 60 day FastPass window due to having a really busy week at that time and I was bummed b/c I had missed out on all 7DMT fast passes for every day we were there. Well, I just randomly hit "Change Experience" yesterday and the Mine Train popped up. I was shocked! I scored us some early morning passes and have our trip itinerary just about perfected. =)

Looking for recommendations. Going to HS on Nov 17, it is open 8-4. Should I do a Hollywood and Vine breakfast at 805 when it first opens, or would we do better to do a few things first, then do a late breakfast at 10? Open to suggestions.

How do you do it with picky eaters? DS is 3 and on the spectrum and the only kind of "food" he eats is nuggets, but only from mcds or bk, we've bought the frozen ones before but he refused to eat them! :guilty: He will not eat any other kind of nuggets unless they're from mcds or bk, I have no idea how we will do it during our trip!

How do you do it with picky eaters? DS is 3 and on the spectrum and the only kind of "food" he eats is nuggets, but only from mcds or bk, we've bought the frozen ones before but he refused to eat them! :guilty: He will not eat any other kind of nuggets unless they're from mcds or bk, I have no idea how we will do it during our trip!

My kids tend to be rather picky eaters too. What I do is make sure that I carry lots of snacks that I know they will eat if I can't get them to eat anything else. Fruit cups, applesauce pouches, and granola bars are some of my best friends. It may not be a full meal, but it's enough to keep them from getting too cranky when they are hungry. My fear of their eating is making me rethink our Akershus reservation. It looks a little too authentic Norwegian.

Looking for recommendations. Going to HS on Nov 17, it is open 8-4. Should I do a Hollywood and Vine breakfast at 805 when it first opens, or would we do better to do a few things first, then do a late breakfast at 10? Open to suggestions.
I'd get there at Rope Drop do some rides and then do breakfast. Have fun!

Less than a month to go and I still do not have our CRT reservations for the entire group!!! I have always planned way ahead and got all my reservations but this year was a little different. A family member has been blessed with a new adopted daughter. We are so excited to welcome her to the family. I managed to snag the reservations for all of our other ADR's but CRT and out of all the reservations, guess which one she wanted? yep, CRT. How frustrating to see people have reservations but not on our day!!! Anybody got any advice on how to get a reservations? I call twice a day and am constantly checking this board. Is there a chance that we could show up that day and they just allow her in with us?

I think it just happened recently. I was a few days late past my 60 day FastPass window due to having a really busy week at that time and I was bummed b/c I had missed out on all 7DMT fast passes for every day we were there. Well, I just randomly hit "Change Experience" yesterday and the Mine Train popped up. I was shocked! I scored us some early morning passes and have our trip itinerary just about perfected. =)
They probably changed the hours due to the Christmas Parade taping, going on from the 10th-13th. Main Street is going to be crazy, but the rides should be low wait!

My kids tend to be rather picky eaters too. What I do is make sure that I carry lots of snacks that I know they will eat if I can't get them to eat anything else. Fruit cups, applesauce pouches, and granola bars are some of my best friends. It may not be a full meal, but it's enough to keep them from getting too cranky when they are hungry. My fear of their eating is making me rethink our Akershus reservation. It looks a little too authentic Norwegian.

My daughter is very particular and they made her a bowl of pasta with butter when we went for lunch. Then we were able to have her eat some of the fruit and cheese from the buffet and she left pretty satisfied.

Question. My daughter and I will be going to Hollywood Studios and we both have our one thing we must do. She wants to ride the Rock n Roller Coaster and I want Fantasmic. Which should I get the fastpass for? We will do both but I want to make sure I use the fastpass wisely!

Question. My daughter and I will be going to Hollywood Studios and we both have our one thing we must do. She wants to ride the Rock n Roller Coaster and I want Fantasmic. Which should I get the fastpass for? We will do both but I want to make sure I use the fastpass wisely!

I would FP RnRC and and see if I could pick up Fantasmic after using my initial three.

I just got an email from disney and they said that there was construction going on and the monorail might not be working and to check the schedule. Does anyone know where I can find this info? Might make us replan our parks. TIA

I just got an email from disney and they said that there was construction going on and the monorail might not be working and to check the schedule. Does anyone know where I can find this info? Might make us replan our parks. TIA

Did you get your 10 day email today as well!! Us too!

Honestly, I don't think there is a planned schedule. I haven't found one but I have heard it's randomly down for maintenance. Maybe someone on here has more info??

My email even says, '...check to make sure it's the best option for you, on your day of travel.' I think it's saying you'll need to check daily for each day's schedule.

I'm hoping it's not too bad. I'm a little nervous that it will annoy me paying to be on a monorail hotel and not getting to use the monorail when I need it.

I would FP RnRC and and see if I could pick up Fantasmic after using my initial three.

Agree with this. No matter what you should get a decent seat for F! Even if you get there at 6:30 for the 7:00 show. Getting there earlier might get you a better seat. But, RnRR could be an hour plus line...ugh!

And hopefully you can snag a 4th FP for F! once you've used your first 3!

I got a 6 day email! Can't wait! Is there somewhere I can go to check daily so that I dont actually have to go to the monorail to see?

Did you get your 10 day email today as well!! Us too!

Honestly, I don't think there is a planned schedule. I haven't found one but I have heard it's randomly down for maintenance. Maybe someone on here has more info??

My email even says, '...check to make sure it's the best option for you, on your day of travel.' I think it's saying you'll need to check daily for each day's schedule.

I'm hoping it's not too bad. I'm a little nervous that it will annoy me paying to be on a monorail hotel and not getting to use the monorail when I need it.

I got a 6 day email! Can't wait! Is there somewhere I can go to check daily so that I dont actually have to go to the monorail to see?

Not that I know of...I think at you'd have to check at your resort. But, again, maybe someone on here knows. I've never stayed at a monorail resort until this trip so I've only used it between parks and not on a daily basis.

ETA: Here's the Disney site that says to check with a cast member on your day of travel: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/monorail-transportation/

I thought my email was a general 10-day reminder but if yours was a 6 day reminder, I bet the email went out because they are planning more extensive monorail maintenance while we are there and they are letting us know.

Not that I know of...I think at you'd have to check at your resort. But, again, maybe someone on here knows. I've never stayed at a monorail resort until this trip so I've only used it between parks and not on a daily basis.

ETA: Here's the Disney site that says to check with a cast member on your day of travel: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/monorail-transportation/

I thought my email was a general 10-day reminder but if yours was a 6 day reminder, I bet the email went out because they are planning more extensive monorail maintenance while we are there and they are letting us know.

What are your dates? We are headed there the 15th. Just wondering what surprises I have to look forward to :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter