Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

One week before Thanksgiving 2014, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. Today I am happy to say she is now CANCER FREE. And to celebrate, my in-laws just informed me they want to join us on our trip to Disney in November. We wanted them to come initially, but with her not knowing what would come of the cancer treatment, she didn't want to come. And she was insistent on us keeping our plans. Now all of the rooms at our resort (Pop Century) are booked throughout the duration of our trip. My question is, "Has anyone had luck with booking late (especially in the month of November). Should I call WDW everyday to check availability?

One week before Thanksgiving 2014, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. Today I am happy to say she is now CANCER FREE. And to celebrate, my in-laws just informed me they want to join us on our trip to Disney in November. We wanted them to come initially, but with her not knowing what would come of the cancer treatment, she didn't want to come. And she was insistent on us keeping our plans. Now all of the rooms at our resort (Pop Century) are booked throughout the duration of our trip. My question is, "Has anyone had luck with booking late (especially in the month of November). Should I call WDW everyday to check availability?

Awesome news about your MIL!!! :thumbsup2

I'd check the website everyday...2-3 times even! I am looking for a different room at our resort and check several times a day and I do see changes in availability pop-up. I would also guess that a lot of people book months out but then their plans change so as you get closer to the 45 day mark where full payment is due, rooms may open up! Good luck!!

You could also look at a back up plan at someplace like Hilton Bonnet Creek, which is on Disney property and is only separated from Pop Century by a golf course! I don't even think they are technically a mile a part. But you do lose some on-site advantages at Hilton. You could put down a deposit to hold your rooms and then if something does open up you can cancel that reservation. I believe Hilton will charge your credit card a deposit to hold the room but you can get the deposit back if you cancel within 5 days...but check to make sure I'm right about that! Just a thought for a backup plan but I hope a room opens up for you at Pop soon!

Did you try orbitz?

I would call and speak with a CM. They can tell you if it's just a matter of needing to do a split stay or zero availability during the entire time. And like others said, I would make a back-up plan with the hope that you can get them in at Pop around the 55-45 day mark.

HOLY CANOLI's!!!!!!!! I just searched a couple of days in the first week of November for a party of 5 for breakfast and there are only 3 restaurants with availability on 11/2 and 11/3
Boma
Trails End
WCC

Wowzers

HOLY CANOLI's!!!!!!!! I just searched a couple of days in the first week of November for a party of 5 for breakfast and there are only 3 restaurants with availability on 11/2 and 11/3
Boma
Trails End
WCC

Wowzers
I noticed the same thing this morning for the week after as well.. It's getting more and more difficult to get desired ADRs..

yeah me too but usually the booked adr's are no indication of the park crowds

I hope that's the case.

I'm getting desperate for a BOG dinner that I'm now considering paying for buddy ($16 since I have 2 nights open for it) even though I have scout searching for it. Talk some sense into me please.

I hope that's the case.

I'm getting desperate for a BOG dinner that I'm now considering paying for buddy ($16 since I have 2 nights open for it) even though I have scout searching for it. Talk some sense into me please.

Do you think your chances will increase around the 60 and/or 45 day mark as people finalize their plans? Maybe you can hold out till then!

I hope that's the case.

I have Buddy looking for a H&V for me but I have a better chance of sleeping in the castle than I do that ADR.
have you done BOG before? if not just keep swimming you will get it but you need to be dedicated to it
If you have done it before do something else IMHO its not worth stressing over. Go to a MK resort restaurant. Citricos, Ohana, Narcoosee's, GF Café, 1900PF, Cali Grill, Kona, the Wave all IMHO better food than BOG

I have Buddy looking for a H&V for me but I have a better chance of sleeping in the castle than I do that ADR.
have you done BOG before? if not just keep swimming you will get it but you need to be dedicated to it
If you have done it before do something else IMHO its not worth stressing over. Go to a MK resort restaurant. Citricos, Ohana, Narcoosee's, GF Café, 1900PF, Cali Grill, Kona, the Wave all IMHO better food than BOG

This will be our first time at wdw so I wanted to experience a BOG dinner. It's one of the last ADRs I want (need?). You're right, food will probably be better at other places but I want the experience more than anything.

This will be our first time at wdw so I wanted to experience a BOG dinner. It's one of the last ADRs I want (need?). You're right, food will probably be better at other places but I want the experience more than anything.

Then just keep swimming....

What are the dates of your trip?

My scout found a CRT when I wanted while my phone was in my hand and I never got it. :( so disappointing that as soon as I clicked it already wasn't there. I've been waiting a month already!

Boma
Trails End
WCC

Wowzers
I think this was just a glitch. I had the same results earlier today but now I'm back to the usual restaurants that had availability. Whew...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter