Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

How likely are Ohana early breakfast cancellations? Looking ..

Hi, please take out specific dates. I noticed a few of these on the cancellation thread today but the moderator of that thread will be removing them. The rules of that thread say no posts for wants/trades

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, please take out specific dates. I noticed a few of these on the cancellation thread today but the moderator of that thread will be removing them. The rules of that thread say no posts for wants/trades

Thanks!

Saw this too. It seems like it always happens when something opens up. I wonder if the other month cancellation boards have the same problem. I guess everyone gets too excited and misses the read the first post in the title :)

Saw this too. It seems like it always happens when something opens up. I wonder if the other month cancellation boards have the same problem. I guess everyone gets too excited and misses the read the first post in the title :)

I think so...haha! People just see November cancellation thread and go straight to posting. And a couple of years ago, I was guilty of the same thing on posting something I wanted without reading, and engaging in chit chat!! Then I felt so bad when I was corrected by the moderator!!

I managed to get a BOG breakfast, but skipped a lunch that we would have preferred because I did not relize lunch started so early. I was able to get an Ohana breakfast for 2. Hopefully DD will go with me.

Scout finally alerted me to a Chef Mickey but the time I had is better.

The worst thing that happened was I did a random search and CRT came up but I lost it.

Anyone still wondering why garden grill hasn't put up a breakfast menu yet??

Has anyone tried/had any luck picking up say a reservation for 4pp, calling and having a cast member change it to 5pp?

Has anyone tried/had any luck picking up say a reservation for 4pp, calling and having a cast member change it to 5pp?

DD just told me today she needs to do that for her trip in TWO weeks. One is Tusker and I can get a table for 1. Hopefully they can add one to her Via Napoi. They could not change 2 to 3 for her Mama Melrose Fantasmic, but I set a scout alert and got it in an hour

My BIL has decided to bring a "friend" along on our family trip Thanksgiving week, after I have secured all of our ADRs. I'm not very optimistic it will be a smooth process to just add her on to our ressies, but I plan to give it a try when I call to add her on to the resort reservation.

We're going the week before Thanksgiving. I'm kind of worried that it will be really busy. I know free dining can fill the restaurants, but it seems like some of the free dining dates in October and December have more availability.

We're going the week before Thanksgiving. I'm kind of worried that it will be really busy. I know free dining can fill the restaurants, but it seems like some of the free dining dates in October and December have more availability.

From what I've read here on DIS (maybe this thread in the first several pages?), people hoard reservations and drop them once they secure their fast passes.

I'm worried about crowds as well. They say the week before Thanksgiving is typically not too bad, but looking at limited ADRs and room availability seems to indicate otherwise.

I know ADRs aren't always the best indicator with free dining and people booking multiple ADRs this far out, but like you said, other FD weeks aren't this bad. And, room availability is also extremely limited the week before Thanksgiving.

I thought a lot of people wouldn't take their kids out of school the week before Thanksgiving break. But they've been saying for years that the week before Thanksgiving is lower crowds so maybe people are all planning to go at that time and now it's no longer lower crowds??

Not that anytime is 'slow' at Disney these days!!

I'm worried about crowds as well. They say the week before Thanksgiving is typically not too bad, but looking at limited ADRs and room availability seems to indicate otherwise.

I know ADRs aren't always the best indicator with free dining and people booking multiple ADRs this far out, but like you said, other FD weeks aren't this bad. And, room availability is also extremely limited the week before Thanksgiving.

I thought a lot of people wouldn't take their kids out of school the week before Thanksgiving break. But they've been saying for years that the week before Thanksgiving is lower crowds so maybe people are all planning to go at that time and now it's no longer lower crowds??

Not that anytime is 'slow' at Disney these days!!
I'm feeling the same way. We're going Nov 10-18 and I picked that week specifically for 'lower' crowds but the dining situation has been nuts!! I've finally got all the ADRs I want but it was a struggle and I've heard other people are having a worse time than me even! I'm dreading booking my FP+ if the ADRs are any indication of what it will be like!! :scared:

I'm feeling the same way. We're going Nov 10-18 and I picked that week specifically for 'lower' crowds but the dining situation has been nuts!! I've finally got all the ADRs I want but it was a struggle and I've heard other people are having a worse time than me even! I'm dreading booking my FP+ if the ADRs are any indication of what it will be like!! :scared:
Ditto! We are first timers and our most important trip factor was crowds.

I haven't even thought about FPs...I have the date on my calendar but need to go read about FP strategies! I have a pre-park opening breakfast at MK and Epcot (although we may end up doing a F&W tour that day) and I need to figure out the best way to approach the parks to avoid lines. Wish me luck!

I haven't even thought about FPs...I have the date on my calendar but need to go read about FP strategies! I have a pre-park opening breakfast at MK and Epcot (although we may end up doing a F&W tour that day) and I need to figure out the best way to approach the parks to avoid lines. Wish me luck!
Same boat for me! Also wondering if FP are worth it for parades/nighttime. I've read conflicting things.

Good luck!! I hope you get what you want!! I have multiple pre park opening ADRs because I absolutely hate the RD crowds and try to avoid it at all costs!! I wish I could 'practice' booking FP like I could with ADRs. I hate going in blind! I guess I'll just have to hope for the best!

Ditto! We are first timers and our most important trip factor was crowds.

Crowd levels dictate our travel dates as well. It's just DH and me so we have a lot of travel flexibility. We used to go at the end of January but in 2013 it was packed with tour groups when we were there. So I decided the week before Thanksgiving because I read it was a slower week. And that's my birthday week (woo hoo)! But...I guess we'll see!

I think so many Disney planning websites talk about the best time to visit for low crowds and then everyone starts planning around those times (like me) and then it's not low crowds anymore! LOL!!

Same boat here too. I only have a couple of other ADRs I want but it's now time to read up on the fastpass. I have no clue where to even begin there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter