Children Under 3 years old

luvdisney14

Mother of 3 Great Boys
My grandsons will be 1 and 2 years old when we go to the parks, do we have to book a reservation for them like we do with our park tickets? Do we just walk right in with them at the entrance to parks?

Just walk in to the parks. If you make dining reservations, make sure that you include them in the head count.
FWIW, the past two years when brought our two year old to the parks, we did not include him in the dining reservations and never had a problem getting our table. In fact, when I tried, I could never figure out a way to add him to the dining reservation because he did not have a park reservation. The one time I called Disney for help, they told me not to worry about adding him to the reservation and we would still be seated (and we always were). Maybe we just got lucky, repeatedly. But that was our experience

FWIW, the past two years when brought our two year old to the parks, we did not include him in the dining reservations and never had a problem getting our table. In fact, when I tried, I could never figure out a way to add him to the dining reservation because he did not have a park reservation. The one time I called Disney for help, they told me not to worry about adding him to the reservation and we would still be seated (and we always were). Maybe we just got lucky, repeatedly. But that was our experience
If your child made your party size go from 2 to 3, that’s easy for a restaurant to accommodate at a table for 4. But there are many reports of guests with different size parties who had to wait a long time to be seated or were even turned away because they showed up with one more person than the ADR was booked for.

BTW for future use: No park reservation is needed when booking an ADR. For the ADR, just list the number of people, don’t even have to name them unless you want to link the ADR to their MDE so it shows in their plans.

you were lucky. we were a large party and we did include our infant granddaughter. another family checked in ahead of us not quite as largen who did not include the infant in their group. we ended up being seated ahead of them and they ended up waiting 45 minutes past their time. they were still complaining about our being seated first

You got lucky! Also, you don’t have to actually add their specific name if they don’t have a profile yet. You can leave someone as say “guest 6” but they should be in the count.

I always knew I was lucky!

But seriously, we did it at least a dozen times and never had a problem. It seems adding one little to a two person reservation was likely the key to my good fortune (rather than a larger party)

I always knew I was lucky!

But seriously, we did it at least a dozen times and never had a problem. It seems adding one little to a two person reservation was likely the key to my good fortune (rather than a larger party)
that could be it you were at a 4 top to begin with which means no table change where going from a 4 to a 5 could be a big problem

My son turned 3 in December, he didn’t need park reservations or anything related to Lighting Lanes/Genie +. But we did include him on all dining reservations. When you check in on the app, you can add an extra person to your party. But I believe every person needs to be accounted for either when you make the reservation or check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter