children dining~a little confused

mrsjmf

Earning My Ears
H and I opted to purchase the DDP. We have a 2YO son who eats free--does this mean he eats free everywhere, or only at table service and buffets? If he wants a QS meal will we have to pay for his separately (or share ours?)
And a 2nd question:
Are all of the dining credits on one room key, or is each one alloted with a certain number of meals (meaning we will always have to have all of our keys on us)?

He is free at buffets but at QS and table service he either shares your food or you will have to pay for his.

From what I understand 2yo are expected to share off adult's plates. I do believe he can get his own plate at a buffet but as far as ordering his own meal at a TS or QS place you will have to pay

Children under 3 are free at TS restaurants not at CS restuarants unless you share...

If you are ordering from a menu you will have to share with your child in order to be free...You cannot order something for your child and get it for free but you are more than welcome to pay OOP...

At buffets the child can have a plate (as many plates as you want) and most servers will even bring the child drink free of charge...No need to share plates at a buffet...You can take as many plates as you want at a buffet therefore they do not require you to physically share a plate...Buffets are best for parties with children under 3 because it does not require an adult to share food and/ or forcing an adult to order something based on the child's needs or wants...Adults get what they want and children get what they want...

At a CS restaurant you will either have to share a meal with your child or order the child a meal and pay OOP...A good idea is to share an adult meal then use a snack or two to replace one drink and/ or one dessert...

You get all of your credits when you check-in...You use them in any order and any day you want...You can even use them on day of check-out even though you do not get a credit for that day...Just make sure you use them all before 12 midnight of day of check-out...You will get a credit for every night you are there but you do not have to use them every night...You can use 5 in one day if you want...Also, they bundle all of your credits together for your entire party...

Lets say you have 4 people in your party and you are staying four nights on the basic plan...At check-in you will be credited with 16 TS, 16 CS and 16 snacks to use as you please.

All credits are on all the room keys...Only one key is required at time of payment...You do not need to have all keys...No worries there.

Hope this helps!

We used the DDP in June and in most TS there was more than enough food to share with my DD (2). I think in the 10 days we were there we got her a separate meal 2 times (once was Le Cellier).

Enjoy!

Children under 3 are free at TS restaurants not at CS restuarants unless you share...

QUOTE]

Children under 3 are not FREE at TS restaurants... they are free at Buffets/Family Style restaurants. At other TS you would have to pay if you order something or they can share off your plates, same as CS restaurants.

QUOTE]

Children under 3 are not FREE at TS restaurants... they are free at Buffets/Family Style restaurants. At other TS you would have to pay if you order something or they can share off your plates, same as CS restaurants.

But they are FREE to eat off your plate at no extra charge for sharing...I thought I explained it clearly in the information that followed...So sorry if I did not :sad2:

Thanks for the info! I am mainly concerned about sharing meals since my 2yo has become the pickiest eater ever. I don't want to limit my meal choices to foods he likes.
I will definitely bring plenty of snacks along with me and just purchase him something if need be.
:banana:

Whne we went last my son was 4 and he was a paying customer..that said he was having a very grumpy morning. We dined at CP for breakfast before MK opened. I went up to the buffet and filled it with all the things I liked on one plate and all his favorites (mickey waffles and grapes) on a different plate. Not one glance was given in my direction. The CMs didn't know or even cared why I had 2 plates. Don't worry about it.

Thanks for the info! I am mainly concerned about sharing meals since my 2yo has become the pickiest eater ever. I don't want to limit my meal choices to foods he likes.
I will definitely bring plenty of snacks along with me and just purchase him something if need be.
:banana:

Hmmmm... that is why some people "upgrade" their 2 yo to a 3 yo... to get them covered under free dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter