Child Swap - The best tool ever.

Thanks for sharing and all the explanations. Head still spinning trying to understand how it works. Will have to reread this thread a 3rd time tomorrow after sleeping on it.

What did the 1 year think of all of it? Was there enough stuff to entertain while he/she waited at the multiple attractions? I'd think the poor kid would be bored, cranky, feeling left out after all the mulitple waits.

What did the 1 year think of all of it? Was there enough stuff to entertain while he/she waited at the multiple attractions? I'd think the poor kid would be bored, cranky, feeling left out after all the mulitple waits.
So while my husband did the child swap for Soarin' I took our 1 yr old over to meet Baymax, Joy, Sadness, Mickey, Minnie & Goofy at Epcot.
There is always something close by for the little one to do.
By Splash & Thunder there's a little foam play center which he LOVED.. In Fantasyland they have Casey's Splash Station... In Hollywood Studios by the big rides there a fair amount of open space at Rock N Rollercoaster that they usually have CM's with jump ropes, hula hoops and little activities.
Usually little ones at that age are just happy to be out of the stroller running around, we would try to find somewhere that wasn't to packed to let him stretch his legs.

Thanks for sharing and all the explanations. Head still spinning trying to understand how it works. Will have to reread this thread a 3rd time tomorrow after sleeping on it.

I was super confused at first too.. It takes a few to read it to really grasp it then it will just click and you will think this is the easiest thing ever! lol

CS+ (Child Swap Fast Pass)
FP+ (Fast Pass)

Here is an example for Magic Kingdom:
Group 1: Adult 1 + 12yr + 10yr
Group 2: Adult 2 + 6yr

Adult 1 + 12yr + 10yr
11:00am - Splash FP+
11:30am - Splash CS+ (Adult 2 6yr +12yr + 10yr)
12:00pm - Thunder FP+
12:30pm - Thunder CS+ (Adult 2 6yr +12yr + 10yr)
1:00pm - 7DMT FP+
1:30pm - 7DMT CS+ (Adult 2 6yr +12yr + 10yr)

Adult 2 + 6yr
12:15pm - Thunder FP+
12:45pm - Thunder CS+ (Adult 1 + 12yr + 10yr + 6yr)
1:15pm - 7DMT FP+
1:45pm - 7DMT CS+ (Adult 1 + 12yr + 10yr + 6yr)
2:00pm - Space FP+
2:30pm - Space CS+ (Adult 1 + 12yr + 10yr + 6yr)

Now this is just an example you don't need to make all the FP+ split, you could do a family FP+ ride as well with all the same times so you can ride with the infant.

Also you don't need to use your CS+ right away you can save them depending on the expiration on the bottom, we got ours mid month and they were valid until the end of the month.

Thank you for the tips! Need to tweak our FPs.

Is there any reason you need to book FP separately to do this? We are a family of 5. (1 infant) What if 2 of us used our FP first and got a rider swap, and immediately after, the other 2 of us used our FP and got another rider swap. Will they let you do this if they realize you just got a rider swap?

Say I want to go on Space Mountain but my daughter isn't sure if she wants to (she 6, first trip). I want to book a Fastpass for myself only. If I get a rider switch pass, my daughter decides she wants to ride but my husband doesn't (he seems to remember the seats being cramped for him, he may want to ride but also might prefer not to) can I use the rider switch pass to go on again with my daughter even though I was the "original rider"?

Say I want to go on Space Mountain but my daughter isn't sure if she wants to (she 6, first trip). I want to book a Fastpass for myself only. If I get a rider switch pass, my daughter decides she wants to ride but my husband doesn't (he seems to remember the seats being cramped for him, he may want to ride but also might prefer not to) can I use the rider switch pass to go on again with my daughter even though I was the "original rider"?

Any 3 people can ride with a rider swap pass, even if they were the original rider. I'm assuming that you have another child that will be too short to ride? If so, then what you are saying sounds fine. However if you are trying to get a rider swap pass because someone who is tall enough just doesn't feel like riding, that's not what rider swap was created for.

Any 3 people can ride with a rider swap pass, even if they were the original rider. I'm assuming that you have another child that will be too short to ride? If so, then what you are saying sounds fine. However if you are trying to get a rider swap pass because someone who is tall enough just doesn't feel like riding, that's not what rider swap was created for.
Yes. My son is 1 and definitely too short! I don't want to cheat, that why I asked if it would be ok for me to ride again if it plays out that way.

Is there any reason you need to book FP separately to do this? We are a family of 5. (1 infant) What if 2 of us used our FP first and got a rider swap, and immediately after, the other 2 of us used our FP and got another rider swap. Will they let you do this if they realize you just got a rider swap?

Depends on the CM noticing the child - you are allowed one rider swap per short child. To do more than that is abusing the system and then we'll get to see ride swap go away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter