• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Child restraints in taxis

KLRI

Earning My Ears
We'll be staying on site for our next trip and won't have a rental car. I anticipate that there will be a few times when we'll want to take a taxi to some destinations for convenience. I have a 2 year old son and want him restrained, but we will not have his regular car seat with us. Has anyone used one of the "travel" car seats that are sold through One Step Ahead? I know that I am not calling it by the right name, but it claims to transform any regular seat belt into a 5 point safety harness for children. From the picture it appears to be a rectangular seat with a 5 point safety harness, but I am skeptical (although I suppose it is better than holding him in my arms and hoping that he doesn't become a projectile). Thank you!

I'm not sure if it's the same thing we used but we had a "travel seat" which was a rectangular metal backplate (wrapped in nylon and thin foam cushioning with 5 point seat belt restraints attached. It worked great for toddlers, not at all appropriate for infants. 2 would be a perfect age for it. Our son called it his "jetpack". I think it is much safer than a standard seatbelt but not a substitute for a standard carseat in regular use. One complaint is that the straps are complicated to figure out at first and the directions were not printed on the seat itself and so were quickly lost.

We to are considering this purchase as well. A word to the wise though, it is sold at Walmart, for about $8 dollars less off the top, and then of course no shipping.:)

I'm glad to hear that someone else used this successfully. And also glad to hear that I can find it at Wal-Mart less expensively! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter