Child pulled into water by alligator near Grand Floridian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartbreaking, one station reporting that it was a little girl (not sure if that is true). I could not imagine......such a sad week. Prayers to the family.

Some reports saying witness saw the dad wrestle with the alligator. No confirmation if it is true or not.

I am here right now listening to the helicopters circling Bay Lake. I think I'm going to be sick. My heart aches for the family of this child. How could this happen here????

How terribly sad for that family! And all the spectators.
Please keep the thread updated if any additional information comes out.

I am so sick to hear if this...I was just at the poly with my children last month....just so horrific to think of this.

This is horrifying. We were just at that exact spot about a year ago relaxing with my then 3 and 4 year olds and the thought of gators coming out of the water to eat one of them never entered my mind! Truly tragic. My heart goes out to the family.

This is so horrifying. That poor baby! I truly hope he/she is found safe. I feel sick.

Very eerie feeling to see the helicopters flying around. My prayers are with this family. So much has happened in Orlando while we have been here. :(

Is this the first time gators have been spotted in the Seven Seas Lagoon?

Not sure. They for sure have been spotted in the Magic Kingdom at Splash and Tom Sawyer Island.

Hard to know facts right now. Orlando Sentinel is saying it was a little boy.

I feel absolutely sick after reading about this and cannot even begin to imagine what horrors this poor family must be going through right now. This is beyond words.

We have seen them in the ponds around Shades of Green and I am always cautious when we stay at the Poly and are near the water at night. I never thought anything like this would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter