Child afraid of fireworks

heidivander

Earning My Ears
My daughter is scared by the "big boom" of fireworks. Does anyone know of any good noise cancelling headphones? I am hoping to find headphones where we could have her listen to music while watching the fireworks, and not hear the booms.

I hope those work for you. I wish we had thought of those. When my boys were younger. Usually we just rode buzz light year - shooting targets during the fireworks . Also think about a small flashlight to go on rides like Nemo at living seas

When we went in 2014, my youngest was almost 2. This may sound odd, but I went to a gun shop and bought some small junior earmuff hearing protectors (Peltor), and they worked great.

I love the Baby Banz for a toddler sized head. There are a few others on the market but these fit our kids most comfortably and they kept them on for fireworks, sporting events and music events. Also they look adorable when wearing them.

Or you could watch them from inside somewhere or from farther away, where the boom is less boom-y.

I hope those work for you. I wish we had thought of those. When my boys were younger. Usually we just rode buzz light year - shooting targets during the fireworks . Also think about a small flashlight to go on rides like Nemo at living seas

How about using the built-in flashlight on your cellphone? Gets the job done, one less thing to carry, and far less obstrutive to your fellow riders:). Did fine when we walked through the mine shaft on Tom Sawyer's Island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter