Chicken salad

Kermit

New Mama to Baby Jacob!
I make this chicken salad recipe all the time, and people always ask for the recipe. If you read the broccoli salad recipe I posted, you'll notice that the dressing is very similar. I make lots of dressings with mayo, vinegar (either white or red wine or balsamic), and something sweet. It's really good for an apple salad with red wine vinegar and cranberry or grape juice.

For the chopped cooked chicken, I put skinned chicken parts in the crock pot with 1 cup of chicken broth and celery, onions, carrots, or whatever I have on hand. I shred the chicken when it's done and put it in the freezer in baggies so that I have it handy for quick casseroles. The broth is double strength. I cool it to scrape the fat off, then freeze it.

Chicken Salad
1-1/4 cups mayonnaise (low fat is fine)
2 TBSP orange juice
1 TBSP white wine vinegar
Cajon seasoning to taste (substitute chili powder for milder flavor)
Chopped cooked chicken

Stir together first 4 ingredients. Stir in chicken. I think it probably takes about 2-3 cups of chicken, but I never measure it.

You can use this as a filling for sandwiches or as a topping for salad.

I love chicken salad - but somehow I never seem to make it for myself. I never thought of cooking the chicken in the crock pot - that's a good idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter