• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicken Meatloaf??

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
I want to use ground chicken instead of ground beef to make a meatloaf. Anyone have a favorite recipe, or just know what other ingredients I'd have to adjust to make up for the difference in texture/moisture content?

I would use a regular recipe but add a liitle milk to keep it moist...maybe a 1/4 - 1/3 cup per 1.5 pounds.

I found this one on allrecipes.com. Its a great website! I haven't tried this one yet though...

PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 1 Hr
READY IN 1 Hr 10 Min

SERVINGS (Help)
Servings
US METRIC

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 pound ground chicken
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
3 tablespoons salsa
2 tablespoons Ranch-style salad dressing
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, eggs, bread crumbs, salsa, salad dressing, and taco seasoning mix. Pack into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Top with cheese, and serve with sour cream.

I've never thought to make a chicken meatloaf - maybe I'll try!

The only thing I can think of is to grate an onion right into the ground chicken to give it flavor, and moisture. I do that when I make turkey burgers.

I haven't made chicken meatloaf, but I do make chicken meat ball sub sandwiches. Use the ground chicken and add parm/reggiano cheese, italian style bread crumbs! It tastes really good!

I haven't made it in a while, but I used to make ground turkey meatloaf. Take a pound of ground turkey (ground chicken should be fine)...put in a box of chicken stove top stuffing mix (not a giant box, the regular small box)...add about 1/2 a cup of egg beaters...add at least a cup of skim milk...the mixture should be kind of soupy, there would be no way to form it into a loaf...put mixture into casserole, cover and bake until it looks like meatloaf...it should kind of poof up...I'm going to say it will take 45 minutes to an hour.

It really is very tasty and easy. The stuffing absorbs all the liquid and keeps everything moist.

I often use ground turkey or chicken to make my meatloaf, meatballs or taco meat - it's hard to tell the difference from hamburger if you use a spice or sauce laden recipe, but if your recipe is just bread crumbs milk and eggs it's going to be icky.

For meatloaf I like to use the Lipton Onion Soup recipe. It's so flavorful to begin with you don't notice the difference. I don't add any extra moisture. However, a whitish/tan "fat film" will sometimes form around the edges that has to be scraped off before serving.

Thanks, everyone! I tried this one:

I found this one on allrecipes.com. Its a great website! I haven't tried this one yet though...

PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 1 Hr
READY IN 1 Hr 10 Min

SERVINGS (Help)
Servings
US METRIC

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 pound ground chicken
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
3 tablespoons salsa
2 tablespoons Ranch-style salad dressing
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, eggs, bread crumbs, salsa, salad dressing, and taco seasoning mix. Pack into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Top with cheese, and serve with sour cream.

and it was yummy! - Kind of dry without the sour cream, so I might add a little more moisture next time, but definitely worth working on.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter