• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicken Meatballs

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
My DH asked me to start making chicken meatballs a few months ago. I'm at a loss for how to prepare them.

He likes them in a red sauce. I don't. Meatballs are supposed to be the trifecta of beef, pork and veal if they are in a red sauce and served over pasta, in my mind. I make these sometimes, but not often since I'm not a huge fan.

I've been making chicken piccata meatballs and they are delicious. DH is getting sick of them.

Please help me with ideas of a sauce to go with chicken meatballs.

I am not going to be much help because I am looking for a sauce to go over mushroom raviolis. 😵‍💫

The closest I’ve found is a Parmesan cream sauce (below). Maybe this will work for your chicken meatballs, too?

• Onion: Use onion or shallots. Shallots have a mild flavor with a hint of garlic. If you don’t like onion, you can leave it out or substitute with onion powder. When using onion powder, add it together with other seasonings.
  • Garlic cloves: You can chop or mince garlic. I don’t recommend to use garlic powder because taste and aroma of fresh garlic is more intense.
  • Mushrooms: Use white or brown mushrooms.
  • Baby spinach: Try to avoid mature spinach as it can give a bitter taste.
  • Sun dried tomatoes
  • Red chili flakes: you can omit them if desired.
  • Heavy cream: If you like thick sauces, go with heavy cream 35 % fat. You can also use half and half to make a lighter sauce.
  • Parmesan cheese: Make sure to grate the cheese yourself for the best results.
  • Black pepper and salt
https://chefjar.com/mushroom-ravioli-sauce/

I cook every single day without much relief since 2019 (I miss you 2019).

Giada Delaurentis's recipe has so much flavor I think it would work, I make them all the time minus the cheese.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...cy-smoked-mozzarella-meatballs-recipe-1943347
I'd try mixing the chicken into bulgogi meatballs too, not for a red sauce but a nice change.
https://www.hellofresh.com/recipes/beef-bulgogi-meatballs-5e9dcf26ae5fdf1c8e663326

I am not going to be much help because I am looking for a sauce to go over mushroom raviolis. 😵‍💫

Sage butter sauce is delicious with pretty much any delicately flavored ravioli, its butter, fresh sage cut into ribbons, shallots and garlic for me, can probably whip it into it a cream sauce too but it might be tipping the cholesterol meter.

Ingredients:
1 lb 93% ground chicken
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 garlic salt
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp onion powder
3/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups great value Italian diced tomato, divided
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°
Lightly spray 13x9" baking dish with cooking spray
Blend diced tomatoes in a blender to resemble tomato sauce.
Combine chicken, parmesan, and spices
Add 1.5oz of mozzarella. Add 3 tbsp of tomato sauce to the ground chicken mixture until completely combined.
Form into meatballs and place in prepared baking dish. Bake 25 minutes
Spread remaining tomato sauce over meatballs and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella
Broil until cheese is melted
Divide into 3 servings

I did follow this exactly but they were so good! I minced a small onion and sauteed it a bit then omitted the onion powder and I added and egg white to bind. I kept the petite diced whole and added the tomato sauce to the diced tomatoes vs in the meatballs.

They were delish! My way or the orig would be great.

Teriyaki, served with rice and stir fried veggies.

Chicken version of swedish meatballs.

Make them "italian style" but use alfredo sauce instead of red.

Marsala style (with mushrooms added to the meatball mixture)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter