Chicken exits

Does anyone know if Avatar has a chicken exit.
We were on Avatar and got locked into our vehicles and the CM walked to the next room to lock the people into their vehicles when my daughter realized she had put her 3D glasses in the back with her bags. We started saying "maam" and waving our arms and the CM came back in, I'm sure expecting to unlock someone who had gotten scared. She just started laughing when she found out it was just glasses we needed. I'm sure there are people who do freak out after the back support has been locked in place and need to exit before the ride starts.

Thanks for the info. I can envision myself trying to convince other guests on TOT that my crying, screaming, and ultimately passing out on the ride was just me getting in character to enhance their ride experience.
Just do what my Fiance does to me when i convince her to ride with me to your husband. She grabs my arm and when we drop squeezes hard enough through the ride at the end you can count each individual finger mark lol

:offtopic:

After reading a few posts about TOT and how it works, I just wanted to share this video. I found it fascinating, especially all the safety measures in place to keep the riders safe.

Anyone know where the Mission Space chicken exit will lead us? I prefer to have a pre-planned post-ride meeting spot instead of playing cell phone tag, especially since the non-riders usually take the backpacks.

I have used the chicken exit at Soarin once or twice. Once after sitting down on the ride and belting up. I couldn’t get over my fear and a nice cast member rescued me. I’m sure I heard a chicken noise from a fellow rider.... pretty certain it was my husband

Anyone know where the Mission Space chicken exit will lead us? I prefer to have a pre-planned post-ride meeting spot instead of playing cell phone tag, especially since the non-riders usually take the backpacks.

You will be directed to the "Advanced Training Lab" which is a little post-show area with some games and a play area. The games were being refurbed last week, but all exiting the ride must pass through this space. It's not very big so you should have no trouble meeting up there.

You will be directed to the "Advanced Training Lab" which is a little post-show area with some games and a play area. The games were being refurbed last week, but all exiting the ride must pass through this space. It's not very big so you should have no trouble meeting up there.

We ended up alone in an empty room when the rest of our party boarded Mission Space. When a door eventually opened, a CM directed us back through the FP line. We then walked around to the lab. The play area is open while much of the building is behind walls.

For slinky there is a gate right next to the boarding area. If you dont want to ride you just say so and they point you to the gate. My 11 year old didnt want to ride and they allowed him to go through the gate and then wait right there as that is where you get off.

In Smugglers Run, can you chicken out after you get to the chess table? My mom can't ride but I'm sure she would like a picture there.

I don't remember an elevator when using the chicken exit at ToT in DL. Of course, that was several years ago, so I might just not remember correctly. Last couple of trips DD has pre-chicken'ed out so we just go around to the gift shop waiting for DS and Wife to finish the ride. Soarin', I use the exit all the time. Go in the room with the family, buckle in the kids as the wife can't do theirs and hers at the same time, then 'exit stage right' as they'd say. I usually just wait right by the exit for them to come out.

I don't remember an elevator when using the chicken exit at ToT in DL. Of course, that was several years ago, so I might just not remember correctly...
Since you didn't quote the post to which you are replying, I'll just mention that at Disneyland (actually ToT was located in the associated "other" park in Anaheim, Disney California Adventure [DCA]) the ToT attraction was a different design than the one at WDW.
As to whether there was a "chicken exit" elevator is now moot as ToT no longer exists at DL/DCA.
ToT was closed a few years ago to completely redesign it into the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction.

Since you didn't quote the post to which you are replying, I'll just mention that at Disneyland (actually ToT was located in the associated "other" park in Anaheim, Disney California Adventure [DCA]) the ToT attraction was a different design than the one at WDW.
As to whether there was a "chicken exit" elevator is now moot as ToT no longer exists at DL/DCA.
ToT was closed a few years ago to completely redesign it into the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction.

As, yes, thanks for the correction. I wasn't referring to a particular post, just the general theme I noticed through this thread of people mentioning the elevator at ToT. I have a bad habit of referring to DLR (i.e both DL and DCA) collectively as just DL. Especially with the the ease of park hopping there, it's hard to remember what was actually in which 'park' since we'd be back and forth multiple times in each.

I didn't realize the GotG revamp would have had much impact on the ride. I haven't ridden it, as it was still ToT when we were there, but from the reviews, I thought it was just a reskinning of the same ride experience, and therefore, the building layout would generally have been the same.

I mean, yeah, it is just a reskin. I don't know if there was an elevator in the chicken exit or not, but if there was when it was ToT, it's still going to be there now.

My wife has taken the ckicken exit at ToT at WDW several times and never mentioned an elevator.

My wife has taken the chicken exit at ToT at WDW several times and never mentioned an elevator.
There also exists a fire exit which I think is a door in the front left corner of the boiler room (queueing area) if you are standing facing the bank of elevators. By law a fire exit may not require the use of an elevator.

Last edited:
Chicken exit is my best friend. I know what rides I can tolerate. Most of the time I'll just wait for the family, have a beverage and chill. But sometimes I just don't want to be alone, so I"ll wait in the line with them and then just take the chicken route (that way I don't have to entertain myself for an hour). I just wish the chicken exit was somewhat interesting...

My wife has taken the ckicken exit at ToT at WDW several times and never mentioned an elevator.
I took the chicken exit at the ToT and it was definitely an elevator... could freak a person out if they didn’t believe it was a regular elevator though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter