Chicago

Kimkimba

Miracles happen to those who believe - I believe,
We’re going to Chicago soon for the U.S. Gymnastics Classic and will have several free days. It will be my daughter (16), my husband, and myself. Does anyone have suggestions for must dos? I’ve never been to the area and probably won’t go back, so this will be our only chance to see the area. We are vegetarians and physically active. TIA.

Museum campus, navy pier, mag mile. The food life pavilion in the basement of Water Tower Plaza is good casual food. Be careful downtown. The city has gotten much more rough over the past couple years.

Millenium Park is a must do.Pizza,of course-Gino's East for deep dish.The lake front.The museums.Take an architecheral boat ride on the river-gorgeous.Lots of wonderful restaurants-Chicago is a big steak town.Have a wonderful time-it's a stunning city.

We’re going to Chicago soon for the U.S. Gymnastics Classic and will have several free days. It will be my daughter (16), my husband, and myself. Does anyone have suggestions for must dos? I’ve never been to the area and probably won’t go back, so this will be our only chance to see the area. We are vegetarians and physically active. TIA.
Here are a few threads from recent past on visiting Chicago, might be of help.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/chicago-trip-to-see-family-any-things-we-must-see.3865967/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/chicago.3893116/

Art Institute of Chicago is an absolute must see. Navy Pier is also nice. Find a place that serves Chicago style pizza and you'll love it (it's a thing). There are a ton of good restaurants on the miracle mile (Michigan Ave). But I will echo the other poster that said to watch yourself, the city has become much rougher recently (and I'm from Detroit). Stick to the downtown area and you'll be ok but whatever you do, do NOT go to the south side.

We took a Gray Line bus tour of the city and used to hop on hop off feature. We then returned to the places that we really liked over the next few days.

If you love food, this is the place for you - we have some amazing restaurants and chefs.
Museums are always having interesting exhibits.
That weekend is Lollapalooza so downtown will be hopping! Have fun.

What are your interests? Museum of Science and Industry, Field Museum, Wrigley Field and Navy Pier are at the top of my list anytime I go to Chicago. Lincoln Park Zoo and the Shedd Aquarium would top the list of my 10 year old. Art Institute, Millenium Park and Buckingham Fountain for my wife. We do all agree on Gino's for pizza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter