Chicago Hotel

findmewdw

Mouseketeer
My DD and I are planning a mother daughter weekend in Chicago. It will be our first visit and want any recommendations for hotels on Michigan Ave or Magnificent Mile area. From reviews I've read, it seems like this area or Rivers North would be the best. Anyone have recommendations. . . Don't really want to go higher than 250 a night if I can help it and less would even be better. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have stayed in many places in the areas you mentioned and it's a great place to be! I usually use Priceline Express my hotel for Chicago since you can usually pick out exactly what hotel it would be.

We have stayed at The Drake, Allerton, Omni Suites, and Hyatt Regency. All were great!

We stay in this area a lot too. I always use Hotwire (blind book) and get great deals on 4 star and higher hotels in the mag mile/river north/water tower area. I've never paid over $175 using Hotwire and it's usually closer to $140-150 after tax is added in. We've gotten the Sheraton Grand Chicago 3x, the Omni Suites 2x, the Ivy, and just last night the Hyatt Regency for mid-October. All great hotels! Just make sure you filter your results. 4 star and higher, 85% or higher recommended, and if you use the app you can read reviews with non-identifying info on the hotel you're thinking of booking.

As you can tell, I'm a big supporter of Hotwire! :flower1: Last night, I got the Hyatt Regency for $139 after taxes! Everywhere else it's going for $275 for our date! Good luck! (And don't forget to budget for parking! I use park whiz for that)

I was just in Chicago with my adult son and we stayed at the Embassy Suites on State Street. Nice, two room suite in a great location. Breakfast and afternoon drinks, included. We paid $198. In December, we stayed at the Hotel InterContinental on Michigan Avenue. Again, a great location. We had a room in the Executive Tower, which was very spacious. Hotel Intercontinental was more - $267 per night.

Have fun! Love Chicago!

Sorry, I hit post too quick! I live in SW Michigan about 2.5 hours from Chicago and my daughter and I do weekends every couple of months. We usually stay at the Marriott on Michigan or the Omni (they had amazing American girls rates back when my kid was into it - she's 20 now, so now not so much lol).

Last year we stayed at the W right by water tower place and they were horrible. We will never stay there again.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your replies. I would love to stay at Omni but rates are over 300 a night. I got burned from bidding a hotel once and I'm hesitant to try a blind booking, especially being new to the area. I am checking prices on the others mentioned. Anybody know about the Hampton Downtown North? I think it is a block or so off of Michigan Ave, might not be the best location. Again, thanks and I'll be researching these mentioned.

For a couple of years I lived out of suitcases, my "home base" was in Chicago, so I stayed in hotels all over. Had great success with Priceline bidding (use biddingfortravel to guess what hotel you are going to get), but understand if that isn't for you.

I don't think I've stayed at the Hampton Downtown North, but based on the map it's in a great area. ETA: Technically this hotel is in the loop (rather than River North) and you'll need to walk across the river to get to the main shopping portions of Michigan, but it's an easy walk.

I rarely paid more than $100 a night, but if downtown was expensive, I would stay out by O'Hare and take the blue line back and forth, which isn't ideal for a nice mother-daughter weekend. I'd look into the Inn of Chicago and the Tremont. Both of these hotels are older with small rooms and tend to be cheaper, but they were clean (at least three years ago) and in great locations.

We have stayed at the Palmer House before and really loved the location. It's a historic hotel, but I believe it is now owned by Hilton. Chicago is one of our favorite cities.

We stay at the Hilton Garden Inn on Grand Avenue in River North. A couple blocks from Michigan Ave. Eataly is just around the corner. Nordstrom is a block away and there are fabulous restaurants all around! Joe's Stone Crab, GT Fish & Oyster, Volare, Shaw's Crab House, Eddie V's, and Weber Grill to name a few!

My DD and I are planning a mother daughter weekend in Chicago. It will be our first visit and want any recommendations for hotels on Michigan Ave or Magnificent Mile area. From reviews I've read, it seems like this area or Rivers North would be the best. Anyone have recommendations. . . Don't really want to go higher than 250 a night if I can help it and less would even be better. Thanks in advance for your help.
Just went to Chicago a couple weeks ago....stayed at AC (new concept Marriott) for 119 a night through Travelzoo.

I've stayed in Chicago many times now. The only bit of advice I can offer is to beware of "boutique" hotels. I equate that term with small and cramped. After the first couple of times I used them, I went back to well know, chain type hotels. The boutique hotel rooms were all very small, to the point that you could barely move around. All older hotels that had been in Chicago forever, nice, clean and no issues, but absolutely no space.

We stayed at the Fairfield inn and Suites River North we loved this hotel Every time we came in they greeted us back and great location .We went to see Hamilton great show . I have stayed at Hyatt hotel very nice also.

There's a DoubleTree on Columbus and Ohio, which is really nice, just a couple of blocks from Michigan. The Marriott is great as well.

Our office is at Michigan and Wacker, and we use the LondonHouse for groups that come in (I stay as well, since I live in a far NW suburb), and it's been great. Loews is also well-received as well. We also use the InterContinental.

When are you thinking of coming?

Thanks everyone for your help. We will be visiting Oct. 13th weekend. Lovesmurfs, you said your office is at Michigan and Wacker. I found a couple hotels that are on Wacker St or close to that, the Hampton and the Kimpton Monaco. I need to be booking, just keep looking at reviews and prices. So many to choose from. . . . I appreciate everyone's replies.

That's the same weekend we'll be there! I know you said you were hesitant on blind booking and just wanted to say I've done it many times in Chicago for the area you're looking at and have never been disappointed. I always put in 4 star or higher and 80% or more recommended and read the reviews. Right now there are great prices for your weekend on Hotwire meeting that criteria just in case you change your mind :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter