Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

LA Dodgers just made a massive trade with the Reds.

"The Reds completed a seven-player trade with the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday that will send outfielders Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp, left-hander Alex Wood and utility player Kyle Farmer to the Reds for Homer Bailey and two minor leaguers."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...x-wood-trade-dodgers-homer-bailey/2391219002/

Rumor has it in the Twitterverse is that LA is clearing the decks (and the payroll) for Bryce Harper.

LA Dodgers just made a massive trade with the Reds.

"The Reds completed a seven-player trade with the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday that will send outfielders Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp, left-hander Alex Wood and utility player Kyle Farmer to the Reds for Homer Bailey and two minor leaguers."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...x-wood-trade-dodgers-homer-bailey/2391219002/

Rumor has it in the Twitterverse is that LA is clearing the decks (and the payroll) for Bryce Harper.
Let's see if Puig is traded from the Red's b4 the season even starts. Dodgers can HAVE Harper AFAIK, but not sure they can pull the trigger quite yet..but this trade certainly got $$$ off LA's books.

Let's see if Puig is traded from the Red's b4 the season even starts. Dodgers can HAVE Harper AFAIK, but not sure they can pull the trigger quite yet..but this trade certainly got $$$ off LA's books.
I would love Mr. Bat Licker myself ... or Harper. I know I am in a minority on both of them!

I would love Mr. Bat Licker myself ... or Harper. I know I am in a minority on both of them!
Lol~pretty sure I'm the minority NOT wanting Harper. Dodger's already stated they are releasing Bailey (shocker) so they most def just freeing up $$$$ for BH. I mean, it's a perfect fit for his ego, close to Lost Wages /family for when they start a family. KB will follow the same plan to be on a west coast team in 3 years.

I see L.A. having room in the budget to get Kluber...Harper may be trickier and if they finagle both, hats off for using Disney math :rotfl2:

I also read as blurb that Harper's wife K as ya is not a fan of going to L. A., however, Bryce's dad us a huge Dodger fan. Could be very entertaining to watch all this play out

Bryce lives with his wife, not his dad. So wife wins that battle 100/100.

Cubs are picking up a right handed starter who just had Tommy John surgery this year. So he probably won't pitch at all in 2019, but they only have to pay him $575,000 in 2019, then $2 mil in 2020. Kendall Graveman from the A's.

Cubs are picking up a right handed starter who just had Tommy John surgery this year. So he probably won't pitch at all in 2019, but they only have to pay him $575,000 in 2019, then $2 mil in 2020. Kendall Graveman from the A's.
sort of like Smyly, right? Lol. Probably get traded before he ever sees the mound as well :rolleyes1No one can say the Cubs don't put faith and medical into guys!

sort of like Smyly, right? Lol. Probably get traded before he ever sees the mound as well :rolleyes1No one can say the Cubs don't put faith and medical into guys!
Exactly. Pick 'em up cheap and sell them for more. Buy low and sell high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter