Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Glad your sister is starting to do better, Robin!

Hopefully, tonight's game will go better. It has just started to rain here, pretty hard. I'm far northwest of the city. I hope it's not rained out tonight, or that if there is a rain delay, that it doesn't go too late.

I only watched the game online since I was watching DWTS and Voice, etc, so I didn't see what happened to KB. I only wish him the very best and know he also wants the very best for the Cubs. As a nurse specializing in orthopedic injuries, I can attest that shoulder injuries take a long time to heal, especially for someone who uses this joint to the degree baseball players do. He wasn't out long, that's for sure. I hope he is able to rest it and get rehabbed during the fall / winter break!
KB had 2 costly fielding errors ..but did scratch out a single his last ab. The guy is having a rough time and it's clearly from the injury

KB had 2 costly fielding errors ..but did scratch out a single his last ab. The guy is having a rough time and it's clearly from the injury

I know how badly he wants to help, but I really hate to see him further injure himself. Yes, it's obvious he is struggling. I really feel for him!

Storms are out of here, and much sooner than predicted. Hopefully, they move out of the city quickly, too!

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

We’re either at stage 3 or not even at stage 1. Can’t tell. It’s maddening.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

We’re either at stage 3 or not even at stage 1. Can’t tell. It’s maddening.

we are in stage : CUBS ARE STILL IN CONTROL OF THEIR OWN DESTINY

a HECK of a lot closer than anyone is comfy with, and I'm friggin' SICK Javy isn't going to be MVP after he has carried this team..but the fact is they are still in first, and they fought,scratched & clawed too hard against ridiculous situations, injuries, MLB crap to just hand it over. 40 in 41 absolutely brutal and they dealt with ALL OF IT. If things continue to deteriorate, so be it but as of RIGHT NOW, they are STILL your first place Chicago Cubs.

my final sentence~

QUIT FRIGGIN' HITTING KB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like roller coasters but not so much this one. I know it’s not over until it’s over, and I keep thinking about Cleveland blowing a 3-1 lead. But.... :headache::(:scared::sad2:

Robin, I’m hope your sister is continuing to make improvements. I’ll be praying for her.

I like roller coasters but not so much this one. I know it’s not over until it’s over, and I keep thinking about Cleveland blowing a 3-1 lead. But.... :headache::(:scared::sad2:

Robin, I’m hope your sister is continuing to make improvements. I’ll be praying for her.
If it isn't the Cubs~I think Cleveland is going all the way

John Lackey and his wife Kristina are on their way to Wrigley!!!!YES!!!!Set 'em straight Big John!!! LETS GO!!!!

I'm taking one for the team today and staying "home" tonight instead of going to the game. I think I might be bad luck :crazy2:.

I’m trying to enjoy it all.

It’ll be fine. The only frustration I really have is knowing that lack of rest is so unfair in case we are playing M and or T.

Huge win tonight. maybe a boost. Maybe we can be up 1 going into Friday. Williams is so tough but it’ll be good for us one way or another going into the cards series.

And nothing’s set in the West or the WC. It’s probably great if watching from a distance.

I’m trying to enjoy it all.

It’ll be fine. The only frustration I really have is knowing that lack of rest is so unfair in case we are playing M and or T.

Huge win tonight. maybe a boost. Maybe we can be up 1 going into Friday. Williams is so tough but it’ll be good for us one way or another going into the cards series.

And nothing’s set in the West or the WC. It’s probably great if watching from a distance.
I repeat...Cubs still control their own destiny. There was no celebration in the clubhouse tonight, they know the uphill battle they face. Go after William's, Joe will be less pull happy with Lester(has to actually...not much pen left) and hope Lucky Lackey keeps working.
ETA:Looking at the timing I am convinced Joe took out Q thinking ahead to Monday, if we are tied w/Milwaukee and face them. Q was at 78 or so pitches, he will be strong for Monday. Let's hope that we have stayed up and don't need it but STL is going to come in with a vengeance and I can only hope Candyman in Detroit wants to play spoiler.Lets take care of business today, first.

Last edited:
I hope someone reminds that fan to keep his hands to himself!!!!!! Ugh!!

Cardiac Cubs pull out another. WWWW
#everybodyin

Last edited:
I hope someone reminds that fan to keep his hands to himself!!!!!! Ugh!!

Cardiac Cubs pull out another. WWWW
#everybodyin

Technically the guy was doing what most would, but ANY AREA where a player has a chance at a play, at any park, just don't unless it's a protect yourself and others situation. The real problem was leaving RISP again, and the walks. I am pretty bummed on CEJ as he was JUST getting out of his head, & 2 of those pitches that should have been called strikes literally reversed him instantly back to zero confidence. Now needing him 2mro feels uber dicey and he knows it. I just wanted to get out of the game w/no Cervelli and staying within 4 kept that an option. He will start tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter