Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Rizzo giving TLS grief, lol....I love that it has the Cubs vs Brewers in it

giphy.gif

I’m a bit worried but I am more confident than worried.

His good is *really good*, then at the same place twice now it’s been what we’ve seen. Seemed he was hitting a transition near the 4th/5th in spring training too in retrospect. Joe made him try to work through it this last time and it was disastrous.

I’ll try to dig a bit into past years.

Rizzo seemed to have genuinely good things to say about Yu and I’m really hoping for an improvement. Ironically there’s even more pressure tomorrow. Everyone’s thinking the same thing.

Happy for Jake too. He deserves it.

I need to think more like you and Rizzo, I think the whole Justin Wilson thing is in my head, TBH~meaning we just didn't see any improvement until the next season. I know better, I really do, but moving on from the guys that got us the WS, well, I have not had practice at that, lol...much easier to accept Dex, Jake etc gone when their successor is doing just as well and hopefully better.

no word on how KB did at BP yesterday (at first glance) I am so glad we have Joe's style of having swiss army knife guys. Anderson was (on paper) the strongest of MKE's pitching..let's keep it rolling today! Rain in the forecast around 6, then clearing up for a few hours and rain again near 9 or so tho...chilly but at least above freezing!

ETA:my bad on the weather! TOTALLY FORGOT IT'S FRIDAY...DAY GAME @ 1:20 DUH

Last edited:

Bote gets his first Wrigley start! Javy back in the 2~ Happ in over Schwarb's (prob gonna see that 7th switch) No word on Zo yet, but his DL ends tomorrow. Bote getting the start is a signal to me that ZO is decent enough to play & Bote will being sent back down tomorrow . Joe giving him the Wrigley start experience :D

LETS GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!! It's a BEAUTIFUL day for a ballgame!

images

OK DARVISH, TIME FOR YU TO MAKE ME EAT MY DOUBTING THOUGHTS~hoping he has as good or better than his last one against the Brewers!

DbzDS6RV0AARvAN.jpg

Last edited:

Listened to the game in the car today. What a great one! So happy for Yu! Watched the video of Yu hitting a double - that was great (and a little funny)!

WWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Brewers so far this series~
DacdGSDU0AA2NGK.jpg

upload_2018-4-27_17-16-52.jpeg Darvish gets the W as far as I'm concerned..Ump stole it right out from under him/Cishek:mad:

Yu's 64 mph curveball...good night. He got thru the 5th with minimal stress and THANK YOU wind for keeping Yelich from the Grand Salami!

Javy..all I can say is El Mago worked his magic for that error and run, lol. Great to see Riz finding his way back, just need Addie to find his, but GREAT grab by him today.

Javy pranking Kelly, lol

https://twitter.com/Kelly_Crull

Db0RHiJW4AADGiS.jpg

Cishek got robbed on those pitches to Sogard. They were all strikes and he got the out. Robbed.

And, why oh why, did AAJ bunt when Darvish was on 2nd? He should have just hit it out of the park.

They showed some video before the game on MLB channel of KB running the bases, too.

Cishek got robbed on those pitches to Sogard. They were all strikes and he got the out. Robbed.

And, why oh why, did AAJ bunt when Darvish was on 2nd? He should have just hit it out of the park.

They showed some video before the game on MLB channel of KB running the bases, too.
yeah, AAJ wasn't thinking there....he knows NOW tho, lol. Darvish said he wants to get another hit / double..OK by me ! Well. we moved up to 3rd place briefly...Bucco's beat STL in extra's to bump us back to 4th but we're only 1 game out. As usual, the tightest division again.

Here is Yu's tweet

ダルビッシュ有(Yu Darvish)‏Verified account @faridyu 1h1 hour ago
バットを頂いたので早速使ったら2塁打を打てました。 ありがとうございました。 二塁回ってこけたので次はスパイクください。

Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

I hit the second base when I immediately used it because I got a bat. Thank you very much. Because I was going to second base, please spike next.

He had a picture of a new bat in the tweet so guessing he means he got a new bat, got a double...but needs spikes because he slipped at 2nd?

Yu did his best to shut me up about Jake today...with his offense too!

Last edited:
They said Darvish last got a double in July 2014 and that was his first. He should be happy. It was so funny when he started running past second and then turned around and slide into second. He was really grinning.

uggghhh ..NOW Votto gets hot, AFTER we needed him to in the Brewer and STL series :rolleyes: Well..Brewers go there after our series with them...stay hot Joey!

Question: I don't remember which inning it was, but when Contreras got hit by that pitched ball where a guy doesn't want to get hit, and Caratini had already pinch hit, who would have taken over as catcher if Willson couldn't play? I know Schwarber was a catcher at one time, but it's been a long time.

And will someone please get Heyward some sunglasses that work better? Sheesh. At least it wasn't nearly as bad as the ones he missed in Denver.

CJ looked pretty good, too.

From ESPN, pasting:

Turns out, Darvish kind of called his shot, which is a funny thing given the fact that he hadn’t doubled since July 14, 2014.

“Right before he hit his double, he told me, ‘I hit double, you bunt me over’,” Cubs center fielder Albert Almora Jr. said. “Honestly, I was like, ‘Yeah, whatever.’”

A few minutes before Almora said that, Darvish related the same story, though everyone in the media room thought he was making a joking excuse for having fallen down and missing out on a triple. Still, it was a relaxed and happy Darvish on the mound and in the media room, one who more than ever seemed a key part of the Cubs’ quest to get back to the postseason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter