Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

No Darvish today (Mills in for him).feeling ill. He will throw 2 side sessions instead. First KB, 25 members of the Dodger's, now Yu...not good

Mills vs Marquez
Happ CF
Schwarber LF
Contreras C
LaStella 3B
Caratini DH
Navarro 1B
Zagunis R
Freeman 2B
Young SS
Mills SP

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...because-so-many-players-are-sick-this-spring/
Cubs play the Dodger's on the 6th...better not bring their illness with them (Ironically~Yu slotted to pitch that game)

Oh no. Is it the flu??

Oh no. Is it the flu??
no specific illness or bug disclosed but apparently pretty darn contagious over at the Dodger's camp. Heard KB is on the mend but pretty depleted, needs to eat so I would guess flu?

No Darvish today (Mills in for him).feeling ill. He will throw 2 side sessions instead. First KB, 25 members of the Dodger's, now Yu...not good

Mills vs Marquez
Happ CF
Schwarber LF
Contreras C
LaStella 3B
Caratini DH
Navarro 1B
Zagunis R
Freeman 2B
Young SS
Mills SP

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...because-so-many-players-are-sick-this-spring/
Cubs play the Dodger's on the 6th...better not bring their illness with them (Ironically~Yu slotted to pitch that game)
At least it's not in the middle of the season.

no specific illness or bug disclosed but apparently pretty darn contagious over at the Dodger's camp. Heard KB is on the mend but pretty depleted, needs to eat so I would guess flu?

I’m assuming the Dodgers have the flu if that many of the are sick. Wow. Hopefully Darvish is better soon (glad to hear KB is recovering) and no other Cubs get whatever it is.

I’m assuming the Dodgers have the flu if that many of the are sick. Wow. Hopefully Darvish is better soon (glad to hear KB is recovering) and no other Cubs get whatever it is.
as long as Yu wasn't over fraternizing with L.A. :scratchin:rolleyes1 JK.....on the up side, Bote has been in for KB a lot and has been doing great!:thumbsup2
Giminez with a hot bat yesterday as well ::yes::

as long as Yu wasn't over fraternizing with L.A. :scratchin:rolleyes1 JK.....on the up side, Bote has been in for KB a lot and has been doing great!:thumbsup2
Giminez with a hot bat yesterday as well ::yes::
Yu do have to wonder how he got the same crud as the Dodgers :scared:.

upload_2018-3-1_16-27-5.jpeg 2-2 final

Happ with another homer driving in both runs..he's on fire. Hoping to see Schwarb's break out soon

Last edited:
From that Wilson article:

“Since I came over it just never felt the same,” Wilson said. “The ball wasn’t coming out the same. I clearly wasn’t throwing enough strikes and then, you know, competitors start making changes to compete and get back out there. I made little tweaks here and there and just never found my way. I threw the ball better towards the end, but it still wasn’t the same.”
—-

This is confusing to me. Did he mean teammate competitors or opponents making adjustments to his lack of strikes? It’s weirdly worded.

From that Wilson article:

“Since I came over it just never felt the same,” Wilson said. “The ball wasn’t coming out the same. I clearly wasn’t throwing enough strikes and then, you know, competitors start making changes to compete and get back out there. I made little tweaks here and there and just never found my way. I threw the ball better towards the end, but it still wasn’t the same.”
—-

This is confusing to me. Did he mean teammate competitors or opponents making adjustments to his lack of strikes? It’s weirdly worded.

I took it as his Cub team mates were his competition, (but I got that feel from his comment about Hector making the play-off Roster over him) that Hector,Duensing, CJ or whoever were making adjustments and even tho he(Wilson) tried tweaking, he still wan't improving or fixing his issues. It is worded poorly. To me/the dude was in his own head. Crazy excuses last year like the stiff neck from sleeping oddly were pretty transparent. Hopefully he is being sincere when he says easing into the year, clean slate sort of thing has him feeling more comfortable.

Yes that makes sense. I was a bit thrown by him referring to teammates as competitors but then I’m thinking,

one, it’s okay and healthy even if that is what he meant, and

two, maybe he meant more ‘competitors’ as in ‘professionals’, including himself. That he should have been a better competitor.

But regardless, I’m harping waaay too much on it. All good.

Thanks.

I was just paying bills and realized the date...3-1 :rotfl2:

images

just re-posting the schedule again for convenience.
Note..670 will be broadcasting both Sat/Sun games this weeked and WGN will be airing the game on 3/7 against the Indians

DT66urQU0AAGzGC.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter