Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Received my Christmas gift early..my DD flew home last night from San Francisco! She will be in for 2 weeks !!:teeth::cool1: We were gong to try and travel to see her over the holidays but had to push it off until May. It's been a year since we have seen her , so happy she was able to make the trip~ WOO-HOO!
Sooooo happy to hear that Fin. Merry Christmas!!!

Received my Christmas gift early..my DD flew home last night from San Francisco! She will be in for 2 weeks !!:teeth::cool1: We were gong to try and travel to see her over the holidays but had to push it off until May. It's been a year since we have seen her , so happy she was able to make the trip~ WOO-HOO!
THat is AWESOME! Have a great time with her.

Well, I'm now officially unemployed, so I have something else to be happy about. Looking forward to spending Christmas and new years with the family.

Well, I'm now officially unemployed, so I have something else to be happy about. Looking forward to spending Christmas and new years with the family.
Congrat's to you and your family on the new life! You guys are going to have some pretty cool adventures, I think ~ and more time to DIS!:drive::woohoo:::yes:: You will relate to mey DS and his GF , who are literally at the Airstream dealer right now, lol....dreaming.

Congrat's to you and your family on the new life! You guys are gonig to have some pretty cool adventures, I think ~ and more time to DIS!:drive::woohoo:::yes::
Well, now that I'm through with that place, I can be more open than I once was in case someone there was monitoring.

I've been unhappy there for quite some time and was (several times) ready to just walk out without having another job lined up.
I've done a pretty good job of saving and investing over the years and I'm giving serious consideration to retiring (or at least semi retiring).
Part of what I'm looking at is selling my house and other things of value and moving to central FL. I'd be able to get an annual pass and go more often. If I don't get a job, I'll have less money to spend at Disney, but I can always backpack food if needed to minimize expenses.
On the other hand, I'm also giving consideration to getting a CDL license and becoming a bus driver at Disney. I'd get the Disney perks and make enough money to not dip into my savings too much. It would also afford me the opportunity to be around others who love Disney much of the time.

When I mentioned in this thread a possible change in lifestyle at one point, this is what I was alluding to.

The other option is to take some type of other CM job just to get my foot in the door and then try to get into their IT department. As I understand, it may be hard to get into, but when you're already a Disney employee, it's easier/better. Then maybe I could help make my own magic and magic for others!

Fin, I’m so happy your daughter is home for Christmas!

Doc, congrats on the big life change! Sounds like you have quite the adventure lined up. Excited to see what you choose!

Congrat's to you and your family on the new life! You guys are going to have some pretty cool adventures, I think ~ and more time to DIS!:drive::woohoo:::yes:: You will relate to mey DS and his GF , who are literally at the Airstream dealer right now, lol....dreaming.
Yep, that is one of the other options we've considered. Buying an RV and spending the kid's inheritance. ;)

Fin, I’m so happy your daughter is home for Christmas!

Doc, congrats on the big life change! Sounds like you have quite the adventure lined up. Excited to see what you choose!
Thanks Kristen. I'm still not sure what He has in store for us, but I know who's in control.

Last edited:
Great news, Pam! Enjoy your time together. And Merry Christmas!

Great news, Pam! Enjoy your time together. And Merry Christmas!
Thanks Dan! I hope you are enjoying all the grandkids this holiday...blessed with many stockings to fill, eh Santa? Brace yourself for the temps in a few days. No snow to shovel but boy this is the stuff when your face hurts just getting in to the car. Merry Christmas to the Murhy's!:wave2:

Although I didn't comment very much on this thread through the season I followed along all season long. I just wanted to wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Congrats on the life changes and get out from under the stress of the job & on having your daughter home what a awesome gift. I will be reading along with you all in the new year.

Thank you Bethislucy and the same warm wishes for you and your family! Glad you will be with us again next season~ Spring training is getting closer!

Thanks Dan! I hope you are enjoying all the grandkids this holiday...blessed with many stockings to fill, eh Santa? Brace yourself for the temps in a few days. No snow to shovel but boy this is the stuff when your face hurts just getting in to the car. Merry Christmas to the Murhy's!:wave2:
Thanks Pam. Yes, more and more stocking to fill! :faint: :laughing: :confused3 But would not want it different. And yes, a chilly week or so ahead. :cold:

Thanks Pam. Yes, more and more stocking to fill! :faint: :laughing: :confused3 But would not want it different. And yes, a chilly week or so ahead. :cold:
Not that I'm trying to one up you or anything, but I think I might have you beat. Last I checked, it's a total of 18 stockings we have to try to fit on our mantle. We need a bigger mantle. ;)

Sorry to hear about the cold. Stay warm y'all.

Although I didn't comment very much on this thread through the season I followed along all season long. I just wanted to wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Congrats on the life changes and get out from under the stress of the job & on having your daughter home what a awesome gift. I will be reading along with you all in the new year.
It's all good. Good to have you here even if you don't post much. All Cubs fans are welcome.

Last edited:
Not that I'm trying to one up you or anything, but I think I might have you beat. Last I checked, it's a total of 18 stockings we have to try to fit on our mantle. We need a bigger mantle. ;)

Sorry to hear about the cold. Stay warm y'all.
I think you do. My wife, kids and grandkids, I come up with only 10.

Congratulations, enjoy Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter