Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

and the time difference of 2 hours later (if your Central) Does Jansen scare you because he add's ANOTHER delay of time? lol. Here's another thought. Q has held the Dodgers scoreless in his 14 innings he has faced them..but Q is slow out there too...and he might be going Sunday with work Monday
Okay, you're in central...what about us Eastern time zone folks? Sorry Fin, I like ya a lot, but no sympathy here. :lmao:

Yeah I think you are the only one missing Miggy.
No Fin, I don't think you're the only one missy Miggy....I think you miss him the most and/or most vocal about it maybe. I have mixed emotions about him. I miss him to an extent, but then again was really really disappointed with his comments. While technically true, it just left the not-a-team bad taste in my mouth. It's hard to say if we'd be better off with him still here or better off with the current team makeup...I lean towards the latter. Missed yes, but not heart breakingly missed (at least not for me)

Lol I would be shocked if they would sign Harper the money is gonna be insane I just mentioned it cause they were talking about how Harper keeps hinting how much he loves wrigley and wants to play with Bryant on the score the other day.
For me personally, I hope not.
I really appreciate good (or even great players). I don't appreciate arrogant pompous jerks. For me, that's how Harper comes across.

It looks like Joe is sending Q to the mound today. I hope he’s over his Thursday night yips.

It looks like Joe is sending Q to the mound today. I hope he’s over his Thursday night yips.
well Q has held them is scoring in the few innings he has had against them. Just like the Nat's, just need one this weekend. Hopefully Kershaw was up all night having nightmares of the not one, not two, not three, but 4 bombs he gave up his last outing.

Last edited:
For me personally, I hope not.
I really appreciate good (or even great players). I don't appreciate arrogant pompous jerks. For me, that's how Harper comes across.

Nobody want's Murphy? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: He's a FA and how convenient to have a bar across the street already with his name on it.

Barf...I hope he goes to the AL.

Harper can play mind games all he wants.Ain't nobody taking his helmet off for him here to flip that mop. He and KB would have to do some serious salary combo plan for it to even be considered. Rizzo's been joining in on it a bit too tho, sadly. Meh. Hope Harper likes LF if he wants to be Cub so badly. Pitching is a wee bit more of a priority . Theo knows what bread crumbs he needs to lay to get what he wants.

Last edited:
If we had home field~would have gained a well needed days rest as tired as the guys must be. No game would have happened here at home tonight. I bet a lot of disappointed fan's for the viewing party at The Park at Wrigley. Hoping the CA weather is a boost for the guys,

Since I like intelligent discussions...another question for y'all...

CJ looked very perturbed Maddon pulled him after one batter the other night. Do you think he was upset Maddon pulled him or upset at himself for not being able to deliver? Those 2 walks in game 4 (to me) were killer. The batter in game 5, did he throw ANY strikes or was it 4 straight? Can't remember, but I know he was not even close to the strike zone on several. I like the guy, but we need better and I'm not sure if he's just doubting himself or not as good in pressure situations. Just wondering your thoughts.

Since I like intelligent discussions...another question for y'all...
CJ looked very perturbed Maddon pulled him after one batter the other night. Do you think he was upset Maddon pulled him or upset at himself for not being able to deliver? Those 2 walks in game 4 (to me) were killer. The batter in game 5, did he throw ANY strikes or was it 4 straight? Can't remember, but I know he was not even close to the strike zone on several. I like the guy, but we need better and I'm not sure if he's just doubting himself or not as good in pressure situations. Just wondering your thoughts.

lol...:rolleyes1 I'll nibble
I read it as more upset with himself . He is another team guy and hates letting them down but sure, prob not thrilled with Joe in that moment either but what competitor wants to be pulled before they can get things back on track? CJ HAS the goods and he knows it, but he has said in the past that how what he can be throwing in the pen can be completely different on the mound. When it is gone so quickly I think he then snowballs. As a reliever he doesn't have another inning to get it under control like Q or Jake etc. He brings up Wade's demeanor a lot which tells me he is having way too much pressure on him too early to become a closer. Joe turned Davis into one (back in their Tampa days) and you can connect the dots from there. CJ also has added pressure of Wilson tanking. That was supposed to be a bridge between CJ and Wade ~L/R match-ups. I'll take CJ any day over Wilson at this point in time. I also think CJ wants to stay Cub and is compounding things wondering if he wil be traded (just my opinion, have seen zero evidence) He switched his twitter to private which is good..too many smarmy nasty *fan's* on there doing nothing but harm.

I have faith in him. Game 3 he was savage, that isn't a fluke..but his leash just got a lot shorter and he has to adjust to that. CJ will be fine and if he isn't? Well the Cubs will trade him and then face him in the future.

New Roster for NLCS series ~ NO Wilson, HECTOR!

after that Nat's game depleting our pen~I was just double checking to make sure JD wasn't listed under Pitcher's :rotfl2: ,

DMHR4EdX4AA8BTB.jpg

Also Q officially confirmed as today SP

Last edited:
Corey Seager not on NLCS roster (for now folks...if another *injury* occurs don't be surpised to see him back) take advantage tonight Cubs!

remember it's the Dodgers..a as far as following the rules
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...-using-baseballs-new-dl-rules-to-get-an-edge/

http://www.12up.com/posts/5258403-rob-manfred-made-big-mistake-not-foreseeing-dl-manipulation

Knew he was banged up...if only it were Bellinger but I'll take it. Esp since they have Granderson now

Charlie Culberson added, Pedro Baez dropped

Me thinks Roberts ego wants to have his own "SCHWARBER MOMENT" in the miraculous return of Seager. They are doing this to free up a roster spot (or 2)

Last edited:
Dodgers:
Taylor CF
Turner 3B
Bellinger 1B
Hernandez LF
Forsythe 2B
Barnes C
Puig RF
Culberson SS
Kershaw P

It was Q's wife who was ill on the flight..he stayed in NM with her and arrived very late last night~ we may see Big John tonight.

Well, Miggy could pitch if we ran out of relievers. And didn't someone else pitch an inning a few games ago?

My daughter moved from Naperville to Santa Barbara over the summer. She made the drive to LA to watch the game today. $95 for a ticket to a play off game is cheaper than a regular season game at Wrigley. I can't believe how empty it is!

IMG_7112.jpg

Buster Posey 1, Dodger's 4, Cubs 2..Man I hate that rule. I am also not a fan of opposing player's named Taylor :rolleyes:

We were hitting Kershaw early,heck, even Q got a single! left RISP again. I was expecting Lackey direct from Q...was pretty darn surprised to see Hector there already.
Come out and get to Hill early tomorrow!(Kershaw was our easiest tho)

Last edited:
I hated that game I really was expecting them to lose but they have to go and get my hopes up and take an early lead. And I was in the city today to see Hamilton it was nasty rained all day no way baseball could been played in Chicago today.

I hated that game I really was expecting them to lose but they have to go and get my hopes up and take an early lead. And I was in the city today to see Hamilton it was nasty rained all day no way baseball could been played in Chicago today.
yeah..the way they got to Kershaw early and the AAJ's homer..but then the bat's fell silent. Maybe we shouldn't homer anymore...we won our last 3 games without any lol. This weather stinks. We were so overdue for rain it~ all came at once

Puig's interview...the guy is, ummmm......factually challenged. I have also come to the conclusion that Javy had better plate appearances when he played SS and we were missing Addies bat. Now we have Addie staring to hit and Javy reverts back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter