• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Glad I stayed up for that game!

Side note: Hubs is in SF this week. He went to the Giants/Brewers game last night. He texted he was almost beaten up singing about the Cubbies during the 7th inning stretch...not sure which team the disgruntled fans were from. I just can't let him go anywhere by himself!! :laughing:
My guess would be Brewers. I don't think the Giants fans, in general are that adamantly against the Cubs and would be ready to fight over it.

Last night was one of the rare occasions where I stayed up. Regretting it this morning, but was worth it at the time. ;)
My daughter came by to visit and by the time she left, I was only able catch the last couple innings. Missed most of the 5 run 8th, but saw the remainder. Heard Ron & Pat saying Avila threw out Howard (hope I can find that replay). Saw KB get hit and initially it didn't look that bad and then I saw how he reacted and thought oh crap. If it hit on the bone, even if no permanent damage, that's gonna hurt for a long while (bone bruises take forever). :sad:

Rizzo playing 3rd. :lmao: He looked like a kid who'd just been given free reign in the candy store. Pena was starting to worry me a little.
Glad you got to see the game~Avila throwing out Hamilton was HUGE! Happ taking some lesson's from Javy on that snap tag. I mean, Hamilton just doesn't get caught. I posted the updates but my gut says KB is out today, if not both games. Tho the Brewers winning last night didn't help..had they lost I think KB out for 2 is the plan. The order does get affected without him in it and knowing KB , HE is the kid in the candy store with the way the ball flies at that park, lol. He sure us getting beat on this season tho and there is no way the swelling is down enough on that hand today. Same hand as the pinky finger as well. Tommy will be fine subbing in. Rizzo, what a dufus. As Joe said, t was either Avila at third which is no fun. Or Rizzo at third, Avila at first, which is fun." (twitter.com)

also a fun fact, thanks to Jeremy Frank!
Jeremy Frank @MLBRandomStats
#Cubs Anthony Rizzo is the first left handed thrower to play first, second, and third in the same season since Hal Chase in 1908.

1908! WHAT ARE THE ODDS?!?!?!?!?!

So ~we scored 13 runs WITHOUT a bomb or a hit from KB. If you didn't read it, you wouldn't believe it.

HOWEVER....as we all know, a game of 10 or more runs generally leads into a shutout :rolleyes: Could we maybe, MAYBE break that cycle tonight? Monty in for Lester.

Here's the condensed version of the game, Doc.(almost 20 minutes ) Avilah's throw to get Hamilton is at 11:49
http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/08/23/1761198483/1503465700548/asset_1200K.mp4

Last edited:
Just talked to him - time change is a bugger - and it was Giants fans. Who knew? Maybe they are still a little salty about last year??
EVERYONE is against the Cubs...honestly, all chat boards have banned together . Chatter that the Dodger's will not use top pitching against the Brewers, Giants not particularly interested in the Cubs making play-offs, Oriole's hate us...you thought last years target was big? This years slogan should be "Embrace The Hate"

Congratulations, Pam. :thumbsup2 And also to your hubby. A bit belated, but good excuse, we were at WDW. :cool1:

well you were actually at the appropriate place as we got engaged on BTMRR back in '85, lol. Thanks for the good wishes:goodvibes

Us too! Sorry we didn't meet up. Today is our 25th anniversary. We are doing the Highway in the Sky progressive dinner to celebrate.

Happy 25th Robin! That dinner sounds cool! Enjoy!

Here is tonight's Lefty heavy lineup~
As expected no KB...and I guess Riz isn't the Greatest 3B Of All Time, lol~ denied the position after just 1 appearance :rotfl2:

A whole lotta the alphabet was sacraficed for those pitcher's jerseys tonight. Should just say Monty VS. Wojo

Lets keep it rolling Cubs!
chicago-cubs-hype-train.jpg

DH7tyH5XkAAtvcc.jpg

UPDATE:Per Jesse Rogers
Willy(in pic) and Addy taking swings...KB day to day~Lester 10 day DL still the same at this time, tho he did do some runnning

DH75n8wWAAA6gkh.jpg

Us too! Sorry we didn't meet up. Today is our 25th anniversary. We are doing the Highway in the Sky progressive dinner to celebrate.

well you were actually at the appropriate place as we got engaged on BTMRR back in '85, lol. Thanks for the good wishes:goodvibes

Sometimes I forget we're not just here because we like the Cubs! :earboy2: We honeymooned at the GF and have spent a couple of anniversarys at Disney.

Robin, congrats on 25 years! I'd love to hear about your dinner tonight. Enjoy and happy anniversary!! :smickey:

Fin, so exactly how did a proposal go down on BTMRR?? :mickeyjumWhat a great place to get engaged!

Sometimes I forget we're not just here because we like the Cubs! :earboy2: We honeymooned at the GF and have spent a couple of anniversarys at Disney.

Robin, congrats on 25 years! I'd love to hear about your dinner tonight. Enjoy and happy anniversary!! :smickey:

Fin, so exactly how did a proposal go down on BTMRR?? :mickeyjumWhat a great place to get engaged!

VERY FAST , LOL!!!!!!!!!

well, back then I wasn't much of a coaster rider, but since DH had never been to WDW before and he wanted to go on, I caved. We hit the drop after the cave and I said he was right, it was a blast . He said, "life could be a blast, ya wanna?" I said, "Wanna what?"..and he said "Get married"..we were yelling this to each other while experiencing the Wildest Ride In The Wilderness! lol. I said, "OK~Sure" .A little leary that we were caught up in the moment of the ride, I told him to think about it and if he was serious to let me know at a calmer spot. When we were walking thru the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, he kept stepping aside letting others pass. When we got to the kitchen/house part, he said, is this a calm enough spot~off the grid so to say..."Ya Wanna?" and I said Yes. It wasn't planned, there wasn't a ring, all of which I loved because I love to wing it in life. A few days later we were at SeaWorld and back then they had divers get the oysters if you bought one. He did it and we were going to have the pearl mounted to be my ring for the time being, but the oyster had one of the largest of the day so we had a necklace made instead. A few months later he showed up at my house and we were at the back picnic table and he set a loose diamond on it, said let's go pick out a setting you like and I was a lucky girl being given both a diamond and pearl. We didn't honeymoon at WDW, we went to Estes Park CO for REAL mountains..but obv, keep WDW in our lives. Matter of fact my DD's growth chart was the *So You Want To Be An Animator* sign outside the animation tour at DHS..and yes, she became one, lol. Her college had old desks from that tour for kids to learn their 2D Animation, that was fun for her (and us). So there ya go, our engagement story, real Disney Magic in the making.

8d6a57e92ca03f00c9094fb4845a21b5--go-cubs-go-cubs-win.jpg

THEY BROKE THE CYCLE OF NO RUNS AFTER A BLOW OUT W!!!!!!

Monty was FAN-tastic!!!!!!!!!! Shutting out the Red's in their own park? 1 walk? A key single too! Thrilled he went 6 innings too and got the w. Jon Jay came out swinging and JHey with another solid night of hitting, he smoked that ball to right field, and 3 RBI's! Javy great defense again tonight, and the bombs by Kyle~ Oppo taco and Tommy were sweet! Great move by Joe to put Wilson out there in the 7th with zero pressure..baby step his confidence back up, just like they did with CJ. Koji was solid too..and I was like, so we just need a no stress situation for our bullpen and then Hector gives up 3 bombs in a row. Not good Hector, NOT GOOD AT ALL! DANG lucky those were solo shots. His eyes look all puffy to me tho, I wonder if he is an allergy sufferer? I hear Cincy is bad for allergies.

Brewers lost but luck out heading to the Dodger's when they are knee deep in injuries, up 3.5 games on them right now. However, heard the Brewer's 3rd baseman Shaw was injured today as well, no idea if a day to day thing or what.

Rest up Cubbie's, need to bank as many W's as we can.

Yay!! We finally broke through the score a ton, score none cycle.!
Heartbreaking loss for the Dodgers (mostly for the pitcher). Perfect game lost in the 10th inning with a walk off home run. How long on the DL for a broken heart? I can't imagine how sick that feels...never pitched THAT well.

Oh Hector. Hector, Hector, Hector. :sad2: 9th innings are rough sometimes!

Glad for another Win!! Let's go for the sweep!! Sleep well, Cubs fans!
I was very disappointed. Looks like they were camping out on his fastballs. That's why having other pitches in your arsenal besides a good fastball is soooo important. After the 3rd one, I was wondering if Joe was going to leave him in or not, but then realized Joe's a lot more patient than I am. :tongue:

I was very disappointed. Looks like they were camping out on his fastballs. That's why having other pitches in your arsenal besides a good fastball is soooo important. After the 3rd one, I was wondering if Joe was going to leave him in or not, but then realized Joe's a lot more patient than I am. :tongue:

He had the speed...at 99 just lacked better movement. The movement can be adjusted, getting to 99/100 a lot harder. Just hoping he can make any adjustments quickly.
I think Hector still carries a broken heart from the Chapman demotion.

On the Rich Hill game? Their offense needed to get it done to get him that no-no . That would be more aggravating to me than giving up a bomb in the 10th~altho the Dodger defense did make some awesome plays.

Lineup out early today!
KB is inhuman, I tell ya...wow.

Not gonna jinx the outcome by saying get the *W**P lol

LETS GO JAKE!!!!!LETS GO CUBS!!!!!DOING GREAT ON THE ROAD!!!!!

images
images
images
DIAyCspUwAASXsD.jpg:large

DIAwmYmXsAAOW3Q.jpg:large

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter