• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I was just posting comments being made on Twitter as to why the Cubs SHOULDN'T have made the ASG. I don't agree with those comments . I voted my fingers off . I do think tho, with Rossy's popularity (and I know he couldn't do this) but has he made a public request to vote for them? *Probably* would have helped lol

I was just posting comments being made on Twitter as to why the Cubs SHOULDN'T have made the ASG. I don't agree with those comments . I voted my fingers off . I do think tho, with Rossy's popularity (and I know he couldn't do this) but has he made a public request to vote for them? *Probably* would have helped lol

Yes, he has (via Twitter).

Last minute voting! The Cubs and the Red Sox and joined together to try to get Kris Bryant and Xander Bogaerts in the All Star Game!

https://www.mlb.com/all-star/final-vote#about_ballot
one of my robo numbers came up 17417...sent it to KBs wife saying I hoped it was a good sign, she replied "Love it!! His number and then the day he debuted too 4-17!!! Keep it up!!" (that would be April 17, 2015)! So there ya go folks..Jess has asked to keep up the voting! I kinda prioritize America before voting....but we can do both!
DD5eh6EWsAEsQel.jpg

Another tough loss. While I very much appreciate Happ's patience at the plate, I kinda wish he'd teed off on that last one....especially given the result. :sad2: to not be flying the W.

Another tough loss. While I very much appreciate Happ's patience at the plate, I kinda wish he'd teed off on that last one....especially given the result. :sad2: to not be flying the W.
the 6th inning was the nail..2 on with no outs and TB gets out of it. The Cubs continued to be generous to anyone struggling, in this case allowing Archer his first hit, and it's a RBI on top of it. Even last season as great as they were in the standings, if there was a team struggling, c'mon down and play the Cubs lol. Oh well, lots of excitement in the 9th for the fans at the game. Brewers about to win again, and the gap getting pretty wide now. On top of that, STL just one game back of us. A W would have been awesome,Wrigley fireworks would have been sweet.

after a birthday surprise that had to be un-surprised, and an unfortunate passing of a family friend who's arrangements were a possible conflict..I have JUST found out DH and I are going to the game tomorrow as a birthday gift from my brother and SIL..AND they are going too along w/DS and his GF! I will be laying a hex on the Brew-Crew, proudly wearing my Miggy jersey. Will be a tough game for sure and our W/L/W/L/W/L pattern alludes to the L tomorrow but I'm gonna love every second of it no matter what. Hoping to finally see the trophy and just enjoy being back at Wrigley! I will cheer for the DISer's ! ( and my double lucky DS gets to go back for the Pirates game the next day )

images
LETS GO CUBS! BEAT THOSE BREWERS!

I completely forgot about the game today so I was pretty excited to see the Cubs had won! Bummed it was a winning game I missed though...:headache:

Hoping you have a great day tomorrow at the game, FIN! Bring home the victory and thanks for cheering for us! :cheer2::grouphug:

after a birthday surprise that had to be un-surprised, and an unfortunate passing of a family friend who's arrangements were a possible conflict..I have JUST found out DH and I are going to the game tomorrow as a birthday gift from my brother and SIL..AND they are going too along w/DS and his GF! I will be laying a hex on the Brew-Crew, proudly wearing my Miggy jersey. Will be a tough game for sure and our W/L/W/L/W/L pattern alludes to the L tomorrow but I'm gonna love every second of it no matter what. Hoping to finally see the trophy and just enjoy being back at Wrigley! I will cheer for the DISer's ! ( and my double lucky DS gets to go back for the Pirates game the next day )

images
Awesome birthday present! Sorry about your family member :(. Bring us home the "W"!!!

images

I have an idea...if we win while you're there we convice your DH that you need to ALL the games because obviously they win when you're there. What do you think? Sound like a plan?

That is fantastic news! My hope is he's figured out he doesn't need to swing for the fence every time. I like Schwarbs. I like him a lot, but I want him hitting the ball hard consistently regardless of whether it's a HR. I'm very HAPPy Happ figured that out...he's hitting great now.
:woohoo: Schwarbs is coming back. :woohoo:

Ugh. My Brewers fan friends have already rubbed my nose in it.
I wasn't able to see, but I saw a stat on TV when we were just out to dinner that the Cubs pitching this year (specifically for the first inning) is horrendous. The title on the screen was "Out of the gate" and all the stats were for first inning. ERA was 7.?? - worst in league. WIHP - 2nd worst in league and can't remember the 3rd bullet point (I think it was either number or pitches or number of walks, but it was 3rd worst in the league. So, it's basically the first inning killing us.

Jon Jay puts up a zero!!!!!!!!!! Joe said it was rock paper scissors between Jay and LaStella lol....the dugout when Jay finished was pretty awesome. Not gonna see the words fastball and 60 mph next to each other in the bigs too often . Highlight of the game (and Willys homer)All I know is there is no other team or park I'd rather be at for a game that went like that. Leathersich was thrown into a brutal situation and then , well.....I like to think the Cubs have taken this year off to celebrate and savor their W.S. Championship. That's how I'M viewing it, anyway, lol.(and clearly my hex was not powerful enough...need to work on that)
usatsi-10148422.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter