Chicago At Christmastime?

minniebeth

DIS Veteran
DH has a 4 day business meeting in Chicago in December. Thinking about going with him. We have DS14, DDs 12 and 7...what is there to do that would be fun? I've read that Navy Pier is turned into a Winter Wonderland...can anyone tell me what that's like? Thanks!

Dining under the tree in the Walnut Room at Macy's
Getting some caramelcorn from Garret's
Skating by the bean in Millenium Park
Holiday Magic at Brookfield (have to use some sort of transportation)
The window decorations on State used to be big, but they aren't so elaborate anymore.
Shopping, of course!

The window decorations on State used to be big, but they aren't so elaborate anymore.
Shopping, of course!

Agree wholeheartedly with everything this poster said!! The tree at the Walnut Room is my favorite! Lincoln Park Zoo offers some type of Holiday Lights too.

LOVE CHICAGO at Christmas time

The tree on the Daley Plaza
Lights on Michigan
Horse Drawn Carriage ride
I haven't eaten at the Walnut room since Marshall Field's became Macy's but if you haven't done it before I would do that.
The Museum of Science and Industry typically has a trees around the World display in addition to their normal displays.

It's a great city to visit at Christmas time.

Liz

I agree -- lots of fun.

Very cold, though. If you are not used to being outdoors walking in very low temps, you'll probably want to budget for using cabs fairly often.

I agree with everything the previous posters have said. Chicago is magical at Christmastime! (Can you tell how much I love my city?) If you do go to Garrett's for popcorn, ask for the Chicago mix, which is caramel corn and cheese corn mixed. It is divine! I second the idea of a carriage ride, and the shopping/browsing on Michigan Avenue is great. There is a big Apple store that your older kids might be interested in. Navy Pier Winter Wonderfest is fun, the ballrooms are all opened up to make 1 giant room which is filled with an ice skating rink, a ferris wheel, tons of inflatable slides, games, obstacle courses. They have cookie decorating, you can have lunch there, and there are other activities, too. Not so sure how older kids would like that, but younger ones would really enjoy it.
Ann

Shopping, of course!

:love: Chicago at Christmastime!!

another vote for Xmas time in the big city.. yep very magical.. you'll have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter