Chicago area Diser's - check in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be short....because whatever I did last week :confused3 (pinched nerve), I did again last night. Just when I was getting a little strength back, I woke up this morning, and I'm back to where I was. :guilty: I bought a wrist brace tonight, to use until I see or call the Dr. tomorrow. I really don't want an MRI! :scared:

DMM - :cheer2: :jumping3: Baby BOY bouncing for you! :jumping3: :grouphug:

Amy, I hope the girls are maybe just overtired/overexcited, and not coming down with something. :guilty:

Rosemarie, I like your Cmas/New Year's cards idea! :teeth:

Happy to read everyone had a nice Cmas, and geffric - Happy Hannukah!

Sorry - short. :worried:

Good morning everyone!!!

Hi Ho!! Hi Ho!! It's back to work I go!!! :guilty:
I hate working the week after X-Mas because we are always so slow. I think I'm only going to work until 1 or 2 though because Katie has a really bad cold and I hate leaving her when she's not feeling well.

roseprincess - I'm glad you had a nice X-Mas and I'm also glad that your DD's oral surgery went well - it's good that's done and you don't have to worry about it going into the new year. Tacos for dinner sounds really good, maybe I'll make that for us tonight :rolleyes: AFter the holidays, I never want anything big and heavy and tacos sounds perfect!!

2sweetangels - Sounds like you had a busy Christmas Day. I send you my deepest sympathies about your Grandma passing away :hug: . Which Grandma was this, you mom's mom or your dad's mom? If Grandma was your mom's mom, my deepest sympathies to your mom also :hug: .

KimRaye - It sounds like you really need some hugs too :hug: :hug: I feel so bad that this is happening to you - try and not fear an MRI, Kevin had one done this past summer and he said it wasn't that bad. Please keep us posted on what the doctor says today.

Well, I guess I'm off to start my day - I hope everyone has a good Tuesday today!! :wave:

Slo- Yes, it is my mom's mother. Christmas would have been the first time I have gone to visit her grave since she passed on 01/08/2004. I was real close to my gramma so it was very hard for me to look at her headstone and to understand that she was in the ground below where I was standing. I went to DH and I cried "I can't see her, I can't see her" it was real hard for me, Im crying as I type this now. So Im gonna go

Hello everyone, hope you all have a wonderful day

hi, everyone

Tuesday - back to work - BLEH.

slo- you're lucky that work is slow! It's the opposite for me. While we're understaffed because everyone's taking time off, the library is busy since many people are off of work. Mostly out of towners checking email or families looking for movies to watch. But it made the day go by fast, I guess. I got to shop at Target on my lunch break for half off Christmas stuff! :cool1:

disneymommymichelle - My thoughts are with you and your DH!! Hope he keeps us posted!

KimRaye and Hershey - get to the dr. and get checked! Don't risk adding more injuries.

geffric- :wave: Happy Hannukah!

roseprincess - Glad to see BIL is doing ok. Your DD must be brave to have oral surgery the day after Christmas! I'm almost 30 and you'd have to bribe and sedate me to do it. :rolleyes:

2sweetangels - :hug: That was nice that you went to visit your Grandmother's grave. I wish mine was buried here. She's all the way in Ohio.

Christmas was nice for us. A little "toned down" since DH lost his job and all. Presents were toned down that is, not the Christmas fun! Christmas Eve was the annual extended family gathering. Cousins, aunts, uncles, more cousins, close family friends, oh, did I mention cousins? Christmas Day was quieter but nice, also. My parents, MIL and DH and I. I cooked dinner. Was a little overwhelmed because DH was sitting at the computer surfing the net while I needed help. :badpc:

Yesterday my library was closed so DH and I spent the day downtown. We never got down there to see the tree and see Marshall Fields for it's "last" Christmas. It was SOOOO crowded :crowded: . We didn't get to eat at the Walnut room, but we did eat at the sports bar that's in the lower level and I got to eat Frango Ice Cream Pie (yum). Then I asked for extra napkins that I stuffed in my coat for "keepsakes". I didn't think I'd be such a wierdo about MF changing over. Oh well. :rolleyes:

I'm feeling kinda bummed now because I had all these events that distracted us from the reality of DH losing his job - our vacation to Puerto Rico and then Christmas. Now, I'm kinda depressed and I don't know if it's a post holiday thing, or stress, or what. Plus, I work today, tomorrow and Thursday at both libraries, so I'm looking at 3-12 hour days! Ok. I'll stop feeling sorry for myself now. I really do try to look at the bright side of things! princess:

Good very foggy morning everyone!!!

Today is Kevin's birthday :cake: :bday: He's not going to work today (lucky)amd Stephanie is staying home with him. I felt bad because my hand fell asleep while I was sleeping and I couldn't turn the alarm clock off and he's trying to sleep in - luckily he didn't hear it and he's still sleeping :rolleyes:

2sweetangels - many many hugs to you :hug: :hug: I can't even imagine how I will feel when my Grandma passes away because I am extremly close with her and so are my girls. She's 84 and she keeps telling me that I have to except the fact that she's going to die someday - I just can't do that!!

jedi_librarian - I think you need some hugs too :hug: :hug: I will keep you in my prayers that your DH will find a new job real soon and that 2006 will be a better year for the both of you.

Well, I'm off and running as usual - have a good day everyone!!! :wave:

Morning.. hugs and prayers to all who are in pain and need some support..KimRaye and Hershey - get to the dr. and get checked!

:bday: Kevin...

roseprincess how is your DD today? Is she still feeling okay? Is she enjoying lots of ice cream to help her mouth feel better?

2sweetangels sorry about your grandma.. the first year is always so difficult without a loved one.. we had a hard time this Hannuhak wuthout my parents too.

Well this were busy yesterday, I was downtown at work, then home and had to go to an Eagle board of review for a scout getting his Eagle. Got home things, cleaned the kitchen as the boys had been home alone all day. About 10:30 just as I was telling the boys that it was time for bed. Geoff decided to go to the basement and get his blankets 'cause I told him that he had to sleep in his room tonight. ( Seems like when they sleep in the basement that they play PS2 all night). The all of a sudden he comes running into the bathroom, blood pouring down his face, on his hands.. WHAT HAPPENED??? He forgot that he is much bigger than he used to be and tried to jump down the last two steps into the basement and hit his head on the ceiling...We tried to stop the bleeding but head wounds bleed a lot and don't stop bleed very well. So off we went to the emergency room and he had 4 stitches in his head... got back at 1 am... We had to wake him up every 3 hours to make sure that he is okay.. and he gets to take it easy today...

So i am working from home today....

Good morning everyone! My girl's are back to normal, Katelyn is running around and getting into everything, driving me crazy, Hayley is in her crib talking up a storm. Well Katelyn is almost back to normal, I just heard her cough and it didn't sound nice, but it don't seem to bother her. Im gonna have to bring out the Robutussin I think. My older brother finally called me last night. I havn't heard from him in several months, he also called our mom. We are just happy he is ok and nothing happened to him. We were all getting worried about him, but he is 27 and can do what he wants I guess. My younger brother that lives with me went to stay the night at his house. Yeah I have alot of siblings it sounds like, LOL. Anyway got to go clean and finish putting away christmas stuff. Ill check in later.

Hi all-

Geffric-Sorry to hear Geoff lacerated his head and had to have stitches last night. I hope he will recover soon! I tell my kids to please don't do anything stupid, like jump off the couch at night, my ds used to like doing that. I tell them please don't get hurt 'cause I'm too tired to go to the ER tonight! I know, kids will be kids. I hope Geoff is doing better and you are not too exhausted with taking care of him. Keep us posted how he is doing.
Also, Happy Channukah to you and your family!

Slo- happy birthday to Kevin! :bday: :cake:
Hope he has a good day off!

2sweetangels- Glad to hear the girls are getting a little better.
Also :grouphug:
to you, missing your grandma.

jedi-librarian- Sounded like you had a real nice Christmas! Keep us posted how job hunting is going for dh.

KimRaye and Hershey- keep us posted on your wrist problems/health issues.

My dd, Chrissy, is doing well post-op. She is eating normal food,mac and cheese,cookies, soft tacos, chocolate pudding. She seems to be healing well from getting the baby teeth pulled. She didn't have much of a problem getting this done the day after Christmas, probably because my dh was off and she is definately a daddy's girl! Also she had her"bubble gum"-the liquid Amoxicillin that has the bubble gum flavor. She has a follow-up appt. next Monday, to make sure she is healing well. thanks for the well wishes.

Talking about my dd Chrissy, she broke the DVD tray on the DVD player this AM. i don't know what she did, but it doesn't go in and out, it's stuck. I tried to fix it, but it didn't work. At least the DVD player on the computer works.

Ok, gotta go.
Have a good day, everyone!

Rosemarie :flower:

Thought I would stop in and say Hi HI! Why does short weeks at work always seem longer than a normal week? We are so busy at work the new medicare part d is throwing all of our retirees into a frenzy!

Geffric and roseprincess kids you gotta love them. I'm going to go and wrap Alex in bubble wrap just in case. School starts next week :cool1: :banana: I don't think I can handle any more excitment.

:wave: Hi Everyone! I'll TRY to catch up, reply-wise. I've been reading and keeping up, but replying is still hard. I finished the steroids today, and wear the brace almost all the time, except for typing, dishes and bathing. ;) It seems my wrist is stronger, until I go to type, and my hand just drops on the keyboard. :rolleyes: Something with my radial nerve.

HERSEY, how's your wrist???

slo, :bday: to Kevin! Hope he enjoyed his BD! YOUR hand now, too?!?!?! :earseek: WHAT is going on with us?!?! :rotfl: I hope your 'pins and needles' feeling went away!

geffric, I'm cringing. NO WAY can I handle blood! :faint: DD had a baby tooth pulled yesterday, LONG overdue, and I just couldn't watch - even something little like that! :sad2:

Rosemarie, happy to hear Chrissy is progressing. :goodvibes Sorry about the DVD player tho. Lots of bargains out there now tho. ;)

Amy, glad to hear the girls are feeling better! :goodvibes Hope you are too! :grouphug:

jedi, :grouphug: and :wizard: for you and DH in the New year!

ANY WORD FROM DMM AND THE NEW BABY????? :confused3 BLUE BOUNCY FOR LUCK! :jumping3:

New Year's plans???? My family is Supposed to be coming here Friday night, to celebrate DS Matt's 18th BD (which is Sat), BUT I heard that my bros and Dad may have had a falling out today. :rolleyes: They all work for the same company, and sometimes work together, which is not always the greatest idea. :sad2: I hope they won't ruin DSs celebration. :rolleyes:

ON Sat., I may be going to youngest bros house, IF all is mended by then, and they have a gathering, as previously invited to. :rolleyes: We'll see. Staying home is not a problem for me either! ;)

Today, Kelly had a friend over, while the Mom worked. It was great to have someone keep Kelly occupied while I made breakfast, cleaned a little, did some laundry, made lunch, baked cookies, made dinner and baked Matt's BD cake.

Supposed to be ice skating Fri afternoon with Kelly and her Brownie troop. Hmmmm??? Guess I'll wait and see about that. :confused3 I can skate, but I wonder if I fall with a brace on? :confused: I'd like to skate tho.

{{HUGS}}, Hellos :wave: and P&PD :wizard: for everyone!

TTFN,
Kim

KIMRAYE My problem with my hand seems to have gone away for now. I think trying to carry to many heavy grocery bags in at once did me in. I seem to need to remember I am not super mom. It so rude when your own body tell you :rotfl2:. Glad to hear you are on mend.

I have to limit my use of the mouse a double dose of pixie dust to us all. I hope we all have a better New Year.

Good morning everyone!!

HERSEY - it's good to hear that your wrist is feeling better. How is Alex doing? Did he have a good Christmas??

KimRaye - I feel so bad for you and I wish there was something I could do to help you - I sure hope that your wrist gets better soon. My wrist is fine, I just slept on it funny and it fell asleep - thanks for asking!! Also, thanks for the Happy BD wishes for Kevin - he had a very nice birthday yesterday :) That's to bad that your Dad and Bros aren't getting along right now, lots of PD being sent your way for a nice party tomorrow!! :wizard:

roseprincess - I'm glad to hear your DD is on the mend and I'm also glad to hear that someone else's DD ruins things in the house :rolleyes: Did you read how BabyKate put a blue crayon in my dryer and destroyed it and then I had to buy a new dryer :earseek: ?? Children are such sweet little monsters :flower: Also, thanks for the Happy BD wishes for Kevin!! :)

2sweetangels - I'm glad to hear that your girls are back to normal. I'm hoping I can say the same soon - Katie is suffering from a really bad cold and she just can't seem to shake it. I'm hoping we can ring in the New Year without it :rolleyes: .

geffric - thanks for Happy BD wishes for Kevin!! How is Geoff?? I just can't believe what happened to him, poor thing :earseek: I sure hope he's doing better and I'm sending lots of PD for a quick recovery :wizard: :wizard:

Okay, I'm off and running now - I hope you all have a good day today!! :wave:

Hi... thanks for the good wishes and PD for Geoff.. he is better and I have to remember to make an appt with our doctor to get the stitches out.. but he relaxed yesterday ( not too much fighting with his brother) and today he has several friends coming over and they are going to play axis(sp) and allies all day...

Eric on the other hand, has managed to get what he wants... As you may or may not know, we are going to a wedding in Cleveland on Sat night yes a NYE wedding Eric has been very vocal that he doesn't want to go. The boys are not invited to the wedding and would just drive with us to Cleveland and then sit in the room and watch TV and eat pizza. Anyway, I told both of them that they didn't have to go if they found someone to keep them for 3 days. Both boys didn't call around so they were going. Eric wanted to go to the Football Hall of Fame.. But last night a friend of his call and they wanted to know if he could go with them to Galena, leaving today, and skiing at Chestnut on Friday, then back Saturday afternoon. I said sure as long as you keep him until Sunday night, since we are going to Cleveland.. and they said OK!! So Eric is packing for his mini vacation... and is very happy!!!
Geoff is happy 'cause then he gets to watch the hsitory channel and not have to go to the Football Hall of Fame but can go where he wants to go... and I am just happy. 'cause I won't have to listen to the two of them complaining and fighting all the way to Cleveland and back....

KimRaye what does your Doctor say? Does the brace help? Hope that you mend permanently quickly.. Sorry 'bout the family tensions.. hope everything gets smoothed over..

Any word on the new baby yet???

roseprincess Kids!!! gotta love them!! and it least it wasn't the dryer or the washer or something real expensive!! but still an unplanned expense this time of year is not welcome.... I hope that the one you want is on sale... I just got an email from Circuit city that they has having big sale today..

SLO morning.. how is work this week? As slow as you thought it would be?? End of qtr and year for us so the pressure is on..

Hello all!! Well Im gonna be a busy bee today, my house needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. I would put the safety gate up in the girl's bedroom to keep Katelyn in her room while I mop floors and stuff, but yesterday she learned to break out, so it won't do any good. Katelyn broke out of her room 4 times already. Sometimes I wish she was as small as Hayley is, LOL. Anyhow my sister (Sarah) is coming over tonight for dinner so that should be lots of fun. Sarah always loves to see Katelyn.

Slo- I hope Katie gets better real soon. Hopefully your right and you can bring in the new year with no sickness. Keep her in and warm and let her eat lots of chicken soup and orange juice.

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I have a question about long-term parking at Midway airport. I'm a Milwaukee gal, but we got great airfare from Midway...and we are leaving Jan 3rd. Do you have a favorite place where you like to park? I did a google search and it seems like $8 is the going rate. Anything cheaper? Also, in Milwaukee, we do not need to make reservations to park in the long-term lots...is this also the case in Midway?

Thank you!!!!

midway parking is costly........i would not trust to leave my car there overnight.

you can take the milwaukee train to downtown chgo and get the train to ohare but not sure of the options for midway. maybe a taxi from downtown

It's Friday!!! :cool1: Hooray!!!
3.gif

Katie is reaching a new milestone in her little life today. Last night was her last night sleeping in her crib and today her new twin mattress and box spring are being delivered. I can't believe my baby is going to be sleeping in a big bed tonight - it's a very happy and sad time for me :) :guilty: . I'm a little nervous about how she'll be with the bed tonight, so wish me luck :wizard:

macraven - Hi, good to see you!!! :wave2:

LightBurnsBlue - Hi to you too!! :wave2: I'm glad you thought to come by to ask us a Chicago question, we are always happy to help.

2sweetangels - thanks for the well wishes for Kate. I bought a small Vicks Warm Air Humidifier for her room and that seemed to help her sleep a little better last night. How was dinner with Sarah?? I hope you both had a good time last night.

geffric - Work is good and not as slow as I thought it would be - I'm very surprised!! Normally we are so slow that it seems like a waste of money to have us open, but this year it has been much different, which is great for business!! Are you working at home again today? I hope your work is not to stressful on this last day of work in 2005. Also, I'm so glad to hear that Geoff is doing better and can end 2005 on a good note!! :)

Well, I'm off and running - have a good Friday everyone!!! :wave:

Morning... :wave:

I am leaving for Cleveland tomorrow am about 5 am or so.. so I won't be back here until Monday some time... so

21.gif

Happy New Year to one and all

Back to work to finish the last few hours of the qtr/year...

geffric said:
Morning... :wave:

I am leaving for Cleveland tomorrow am about 5 am or so.. so I won't be back here until Monday some time... so

21.gif

Happy New Year to one and all

Back to work to finish the last few hours of the qtr/year...

geffric- Have a safe trip! And Happy New Year!! :wizard:

LightBurnsBlue said:
Hi Everyone! I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I have a question about long-term parking at Midway airport. I'm a Milwaukee gal, but we got great airfare from Midway...and we are leaving Jan 3rd. Do you have a favorite place where you like to park? I did a google search and it seems like $8 is the going rate. Anything cheaper? Also, in Milwaukee, we do not need to make reservations to park in the long-term lots...is this also the case in Midway?

Thank you!!!!

It looks like parking is much more costly than that. I was looking at their website: http://www.flychicago.com/midway/parking/midway_parking_home.shtm
There's a new parking garage, and while your car will probably be ok, you may also want to look at the options of taking the train into Downtown Chicago and then taking the CTA Orange Line from Downtown to Midway. There's a number on the Midway website to ask about parking. For CTA and Metro info, you can go to http://www.rtachicago.com

Hope this helps! Have fun on your trip :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter