Chex Mix???

BevS97

disney scrapper
Someone mentioned this on another thread, just before the food fight broke out.

I haven't had this in years, but we can now get chex over here, anyone got a recipe???

Bev

Just one?!?!?!

Here's the original kind . . . (but I use 3Tbl butter & 3Tbl olive oil to cut the "bad" fat)

Traditional Party Mix

6 Tbl butter (NOT spread or tub products)
2 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
3 c Corn Chex cereal
3 c Rice Chex cereal
3 c Wheat Chex cereal
1 c mixed nuts
1 c pretzels

Oven directions:
Heat oven to 250. Melt butter in large roasting pan. Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. (or put in clean, brown paper bag) Store in airtight container.

Microwave directions:
Same as oven, but microwave on High for 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes.

I also have recipes for Mexican, Teriyaki, Pizza, Maple Nut & one with peanut butter & chocolate. Let me know if you want any of those & I'll post them.

I don't know how this family would survive if we couldn't get Chex cereal to make Chex Mix! I'm glad you can get it now, though. :D BTW - We use Crispix instead of Chex when it's on sale. We actually prefer that - but it hasn't been on sale for quite a while! :(

Deb

good PS - because thinking about it, it's crispix that I can get, not chex! But they are pretty similiar, I think I might try this for christmas snacking.

is it as good in the microwave, because I can;t see me making it very often if it takes an hour and I have to remember to stir every 15 minutes!

Bev

Now that I have a bowl BIG ENOUGH I use the microwave all the time! I think tastes the same, and ready to eat even sooner! :D :bounce: :D :bounce: :D

At one time, I think the recipe for the microwave talked about puting it in a large plastic bag to mix. I haven't seen that in a long time. I guess it didn't work too well with the hot butter/margarine. Too bad - I almost always double the recipe & then make it twice! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter