Chevy owners and 2 FREE 1 day park hopper passes for Disney World

Am I the only one that thinks something here doesn't pass the basic sniff test? Something is grossly wrong here. There's no way GM is shelling out 2-day WDW tickets to every Chevy owner. C'mon people.
This was the original email…

Attachments

• A62DAECB-AADD-4637-AB36-2CE961500943.png
    A62DAECB-AADD-4637-AB36-2CE961500943.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 35

It's clearly not every owner as per your email. But perhaps people have forgotten that GM is a major sponsor at Disney?

Between test track, the GM employee lounge, and the new 600MM agreement between GM and Disney...I wouldn't be surprised if GM doesn't even have to pay for these tickets and they were negotiated as a part of the sponsorship deal.

It's clearly not every owner as per your email. But perhaps people have forgotten that GM is a major sponsor at Disney?

Between test track, the GM employee lounge, and the new 600MM agreement between GM and Disney...I wouldn't be surprised if GM doesn't even have to pay for these tickets and they were negotiated as a part of the sponsorship deal.
I wish I got the email as a multiple new 2020 GM owner...

I just got off the phone with Chevrolet Customer
Appreciation Center and they did confirm they were sending these out randomly after people responded to a survey about their recent service experience

This was posted after my post and is a long way from the inference in the title and the first post in the thread, which threw up a lot of red flags with me, and as it should have with others, in my opinion.

I'm still not sure what's going on. It seems a stretch to me to even assume that someone that had received "Chevrolet service" would even want, or could use, tickets to WDW, but given the relationship with WDW and Chevrolet, I can see the possibility of using this as a promotion. It's likely not offered to many (apparently only those who used a Chevy dealership for service and even then, only to a select few who then completed an online survey), and even fewer of those will even take advantage of it because very few people are going to plan a trip to WDW just because someone "gave them" park tickets. All of that combined (again, new knowledge after the post you commented on), makes the whole story (which we now know) much more palatable and somewhat believable.

I think it's obvious GM wasn't going to divvy up two-day PH tickets to WDW to every Chevy owner. That just wasn't going to happen.

I wasn't doubting you or your enthusiasm, but something about the original implications just wasn't coming together. Scams on the internet are less than a dime a dozen these days. As a matter of fact, there are millions of them and they're all free. Buyer beware is always the case.

I hope you will post back when you actually receive your tickets. I would like to see the follow-thru on all of this. It still has an aura of just a little too good to be true, though I admit it has been somewhat toned down from what I originally read it to be.

As with most people and experiences, if it didn’t /doesn’t happen to them or THEY are not in the know about it, It just can’t be true. THEY then decide that you MUST go out of the way to prove what you say is true…I think that’s an awesome from of customer service! I hope you’re able to redeem them!

vehicle in for service, inquired re the complimentary tix offer. they laughed, said I wasn’t the first that asked but, they had no knowledge/control over extended offer.

Maybe a squeaky wheel getting the grease thing :duck:

vehicle in for service, inquired re the complimentary tix offer. they laughed, said I wasn’t the first that asked but, they had no knowledge/control over extended offer.

Maybe a squeaky wheel getting the grease thing :duck:

Or just a "random" thing. Twenty years ago when we were building our house, I was looking at Corian countertops as were 2 other friends who were building homes at the same time. We all ordered some color samples from the Corian website. As soon as I completed my order I got a message from DuPont asking me to participate in a survey and if I completed the survey, I'd get a Corian cutting board (which at the time cost $35). I took the survey (which took less than 5 minutes) and got the cutting board a week or so later. My 2 friends didn't get the survey and told me it was probably a scam. Until I showed them the cutting board, they didn't believe it was legitimate. I have no idea why *I* got the survey and they didn't....random draw? demographics? Who knows. All I know is, I still have that cutting board and use it several times a week. :)

And I wasn’t trying to make anyone prove it-I have no skin in the game since our only Chevy is a 56 :)-I just don’t want anyone getting scammed and it was weird that there were no other reports of this that I could find online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter