Chefs de France

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
Anyone been lately?
how has the food been?
Last time we were there was right after the reopening and they had a price fix for $50

Anyone been lately?
how has the food been?
Last time we were there was right after the reopening and they had a price fix for $50
We ate there in September. The prix fixe was higher than $50 . . . I want to say maybe $65 (we didn’t buy it because it was too much food). I would check Disney’s website for the current price.

We all enjoyed our food a lot, and the service was great. We don’t eat there often because there are just so many options at Epcot that we try to vary our selections, but when we do eat there we have never had bad food.

I ate there this past Friday. Loved it! I had the ratatouille, which I had because I love eggplant, not vegan. My friends had a beef dish, which they said they enjoyed, but couldn’t finish so they took leftovers. I’ll dream about the ratatouille.

I don’t think you have to do the price fixe, it’s just an option. We go to France (my moms from there) just about every year and the atmosphere at Chefs feels very French to me, and the foods not bad either. I think it’s a good representation of a French restaurant. Although in France we don’t tip lol

I go for the French martini. If anyone can replicate the lime foam please let me know! I wish they had a bar 😂
I know. It's a really sexy room. Disney sure knows how to do circuses.

The food is dumbed down "French," for the "french" onion soup and filet/short rib crowd. Saw lots of both coming out of the kitchen last time.

I ate there this past Friday. Loved it! I had the ratatouille, which I had because I love eggplant, not vegan. My friends had a beef dish, which they said they enjoyed, but couldn’t finish so they took leftovers. I’ll dream about the ratatouille.
We were the ones with Simba’s Mom, and yes, we both thoroughly enjoyed the beef burgundy with linguini… wonderful!

As a note, like many Epcot resataurants not owned by Disney. We had a near disaster with a food allergy, which had been made clear. Avoid if that is an issue for anyone

I was there last Monday. I got the salmon dish that has been on the menu for a while (one of my go-to meals there) and it was as good as ever. My wife got the ratatouille but didn't think it met the definition of ratatouille, as it seemed to just be one big cooked tomato. It didn't really satisfy or fill her and she rated it as the most disappointing meal she had on the trip.

The wine selection seemed a little low compared to my 2019 visit there...only one rosé on the menu? (It was a good one though!)

We used to really enjoy dining here. In the last few years, we tried it twice and it was very underwhelming on both occasions. An easy pass for us now as there are too many other restaurants that are much better.

I was there last Monday. I got the salmon dish that has been on the menu for a while (one of my go-to meals there) and it was as good as ever. My wife got the ratatouille but didn't think it met the definition of ratatouille, as it seemed to just be one big cooked tomato. It didn't really satisfy or fill her and she rated it as the most disappointing meal she had on the trip.

The wine selection seemed a little low compared to my 2019 visit there...only one rosé on the menu? (It was a good one though!)

Your wife's opinion of the ratatouille is an example of how everyone's review of restaurants and food can be different. I LOVED the ratatouille. But I admit that I haven't had ratatouille in years and overall, not often.

We went there a few months ago and ordered the French onion soup and beef Bourgignon. The soup was standard French onion soup. Good, but nothing different than that kind of soup anywhere else. The Beef entree was so horribly salty that we couldn't even finish it. And I'm a salt craver, but this was too much. We probably wouldn't go back.

I went somewhat recently and had the prix fixe menu with escargot, the salmon filet, and the creme brulee. The food was very good overall. Escargot was great. The salmon was slightly overcooked, but the beurre blanc sauce they put on it was amazing. And the creme brulee was really good. Service was also great. This was around the time they started bringing back international workers, and my waiter was from France. They also had a good wine selection. The only warning is that it's a lot of food, so maybe just get an entree if it's also festival season.

The French Onion soup reminds me of the time DH ate there. He'd been to France many times and loved the French Onion soup. Yet, when he went to Chefs de France, he was so disappointed-said the French Onion soup was very different from the soup in France. Yet, so many people love it (including me).

I know. It's a really sexy room. Disney sure knows how to do circuses.

The food is dumbed down "French," for the "french" onion soup and filet/short rib crowd. Saw lots of both coming out of the kitchen last time.
Makes sense that the food is dumbed down French. The World in Epcot is a dumbed down version of the world. :)

Last edited:
We've consistently heard mixed reviews of Chefs De France from others, but have had great experiences each time we've eaten there the past 3-4 years. Granted we typically get the staples, Mac and cheese, French onion soup, filet, cream brûlée etc. Also, their French press coffee is excellent. We've had Camille (male) as our server three times now, great service!

Although I do agree with the other posters, I wish they had a bar/ lounge area, would be a good option for those wishing to grab a quick bite or just test the place out without committing to a full meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter