• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef's de France?

Yvette Q.O.D.

Queen of Disney!
DH and I will be arriving 8/17/06 and were thinking of having dinner at Chef's de France.

I know taste's differ, but what did you think? Was it good, OK or bad etc.?

Also since it's dinner (7pm) is there a dress code? We'll be in shorts.

Thanks

Yvette

:Pinkbounc

No there is no dress code. Shorts are fine.

I thought it was okay and actually have an ADR for September but DH decided to tell me last night that he really didn't like it at all........SOOOOOO it looks like I'll be trying to change it.

We tried it a few times and thought it was not worth the money. I'm not sure we'd want to go back even if it only cost half as much.

We actually enjoyed Le Chefs De France! I know that it does get a lot of mixed reviews, but we had a very nice dining experience there!

Thanks for the info. DH & I are trying to eat at different places than we usually. This trip is a long weekend without the kids so it will be easier.

Yvette

:Pinkbounc

DH and I have never had a bad meal there. Our food and service have always been good, and I would definitely eat there again.

i have an ADR there too so I'm interested to know what do you guys order? and did you like them?

We went for lunch last year and we really enjoyed it. Were returning next month (!) for dinner and I am really looking foward to having the lobster bisque and creme brulee again.
I just love creme brullee and I just love the Disney does too! :p

We ate there for the first time on our last trip in June. We will be back! We went during lunch and I ordered the quiche. DD24 had the mac and cheese. Both were wonderful! No ..not Mickey mac and cheese .. adult mac and cheese . YUM!

It is a very pretty restaurant inside. The tables by the window are great for people watching.

Here's what I had for dessert. It was called ice cream something?? DD had the creme brulee. Both were very good.

dessertChefs.jpg

We love it, too. I had the filet of sole which was tender, tender, tender. And the "cake of the day" which was a vanilla and strawberry cake. Beautiful!

Make sure you go to the Impressions of France movie before your dinner - music and scenery will put you in the mood for your meal!

Harambe said:
We love it, too. I had the filet of sole which was tender, tender, tender. And the "cake of the day" which was a vanilla and strawberry cake. Beautiful!

Make sure you go to the Impressions of France movie before your dinner - music and scenery will put you in the mood for your meal!

Ohhh- good tip! I've been meaning to finally see this movie. Thanks!

The ice cream something above are called Profiteroles. Essentially they are puff pastry sliced in half and then they sandwich ice cream and doused with hot fudge. Chefs is a top five restaurant for me at WDW. Dinner is definitely better than lunch, although more $$. It requires you to want to try French cuisine. If things like Cassolette d'escargots de Bourgogne au beurre persille, followed by Soupe a l'oignon gratinee, and the for the main course, Jarret d'agneau, servi avec une polenta cremeuse. Topped off with Assiette de fromages de France or Creme brulee a l'ancienne for dessert. If that is not your cup of tea, then I would skip it. I hear the cheesy soup and pretzel bread is pretty good over at Le Cellier. I am sorry, that was a bit too sarcastic! Please forgive the Philly in me. Check out the menu at allearsnet to see if you like what they offer.

We ordered the Lobster Bisque and for our entrees we had a beef tenderloin dish. It was very good! The service was also top notch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter