• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chefs de France...unreliable?

We ate there on New Year's Eve in 2016. There was no other option available and we were actually pleasantly surprised; food, staff, ambiance. But as other posters have said above, the current menu is not appealing and word of mouth has been negative. If you're in the Epcot area and don't mind a short stroll, try Il Mulino in the Swan. We ate there last month and absolutely loved it. Food is head and shoulders above Via Napoli (and we are NJ Italians so we are judgmental about Italian food LOL.)

Definitely true for us.

DH practically worshiped the goat cheese with bacon flatbread appetizer--all flatbreads gone now. I loved the fresh berries in a meringue basket dessert, also gone.

All that, we were prepared to work around. It was that what we got was so lackluster or outright inferior that disappointed us. Chefs de France had long had stunningly good food.

We may try it again next trip since the international CMs are returning, and presumably supply issues will be less pronounced.

Oh they are…that’s good news. Any idea when?

Makes me wonder about MP, which looks sooo good and which I’d love for her a reservation for

We ate there on New Year's Eve in 2016. There was no other option available and we were actually pleasantly surprised; food, staff, ambiance. But as other posters have said above, the current menu is not appealing and word of mouth has been negative. If you're in the Epcot area and don't mind a short stroll, try Il Mulino in the Swan. We ate there last month and absolutely loved it. Food is head and shoulders above Via Napoli (and we are NJ Italians so we are judgmental about Italian food LOL.)

The original Il Mulino in NY is fantastic - not surprised the one here is so good.

Oh my god, they have Cacio e Pepe …🤤🤤🤤

In the last 20 years I can’t remember a good meal every….

Seems like I get dragged there every couple of years by someone…..

Meal always ends with ….. OH yea, I see what you mean

That’s good to know about Il Mulino. We’re South Philly/NY Italians, but never ate Italian in FL because let’s face it, the best is in the Northeast.

Funny. We did the same replacement. Never been to Trattoria before so hopefully it turns out ok.

I‘m sure it will. I normally don’t go to Italian restaurants on vacation since before I could get so much of it in NY. i did find really great Italian in Delray Beach, but good Italian is very comforting...and also, this close to my trip, I’m lucky to get any good reservations

We love Chefs de France have a lunch or dinner there every trip. We were last there in November 2021 during the week of Thanksgiving and it was just as wonderful as always.

We love Chefs de France have a lunch or dinner there every trip. We were last there in November 2021 during the week of Thanksgiving and it was just as wonderful as always.

I might give it another go next time. I have an annual pass, so now that I’m in FL, there’s no urgency to try it

We last ate there in, I think, 2015. My dinner was fine, nothing special but not terrible. However, my wine selection was awful, and while I will not pretend to have a particularly sophisticated wine pallet I am also not a novice when it comes to spirituous beverages. ;)

DW's meal, on the other hand, was a salt bomb that was nearly inedible. We have not ruled out the possibility of one day going again because any place can have an off night but we have been to Disney World twice since then and another trip coming up next month and it has not even been in the running for any of those.

We ate at Chef De France a couple of nights ago. I had escargot and DH had the french onion soup. We both had the salmon entree. Creme Brûlée for dessert and DH had the chocolate tart. We both enjoyed our meal and thought it was very good. Our only minor complaint our server brought the bread and butter a little late.

Last edited:
We ate in Chefs at beginning of September. I had the Boeuf Bourguignon, linguine and I didn’t need a knife to cut it. It was excellent, and more than I could finish. DH’s filet was good too. Their warm bread and butter is also excellent.

Always loved Chefs until we ate there a year ago. The menu changed and the food was not well prepared. Our waiter was not French because of COVID. I believe the staff and chefs were subs because they were denied entry into the country at that point. I don't know if that is still the case, or if many of the workers chose not to return.

Went in September and it was a great meal.
My wife had the baked goat cheese salad, I had the French onion soup, we shared the charcuterie, and my kids shared the gratin de macaroni.
No complaints. We ended up having more French food the next day for lunch at Be Our Guest and Chefs was miles better.

So it just seems like Chefs is hit or miss ...I’ll try it again in a future trip, maybe for lunch...

We went in June and had an excellent meal. I was concerned as well but my daughter is obsessed with France and really wanted to go. Glad we did!

We went in May and it was just ok. Used to be a must-do for the Prix Fixe-fillet, french onion soup, and brulee. The time before was last Aug and the fillet was not good at all (dry, flavorless). Skipping it this month and substituting with Le Cellier. Hope the meal there is worth the price tag. Saving a bit by doing the Eat to the Beat package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter