Chefs de France or Liberty Tree Tavern?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Polynesian and this will be for a dinner reservation on our last night—Saturday. It will be me, DH, and our triplet boys, who are 9. I have eaten at both, but many years ago. My husband and boys have never eaten at either. If someone can recommend another restaurant, we would be open to suggestions. TIA

I’ve never been to either one, but I vote Liberty Tree Tavern because of easier transportation. Take the boat on the way to MK and take the monorail back to the Poly.

I've been to both, but LTT was quite a while ago. OTOH, I just went to Chefs de France today (12/26) and enjoyed it very much. A bit of a surprise to me as my past experiences there weren't all that great. Not bad, just not really good.

We are staying at the Polynesian and this will be for a dinner reservation on our last night—Saturday. It will be me, DH, and our triplet boys, who are 9. I have eaten at both, but many years ago. My husband and boys have never eaten at either. If someone can recommend another restaurant, we would be open to suggestions. TIA
Epcot is my 9 y.o. daughters least favorite Park (mine too). Not sure she'd want to end her vacation there.

My vote from your 2-options: Liberty Tree Tavern.

However, if you can obtain a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest, dinner is the only time & place to meet The Beast.

And if that's not available, then Skipper Canteen.

But there's nothing wrong with LTT.

And if you don't mind my spending your money, maybe even just have a large lunch and then enjoy a fireworks dessert package.

Chefs de France has much better food and ambiance than LTT. However, it's not as easy to get to from Polynesian as LTT would be (although it's not that hard - just a monorail ride and a walk through Epcot).

I love Chefs de France. Food is fantastic. But I would look at both menu's and see what appeals to your family the most. LTT has good food too. I'd go with whatever food appeals to you most, AND I would also consider the location.

We are on the Deluxe Dining Plan. We originally were doing regular dining, but when we decided to upgrade, we did try to get a reservation at BoG, but have not yet been able to. I do still keep checking. I really like Chefs de France, but I am not sure my DH and boys will. My only reluctance with keeping the reservation at Chefs de France is the idea that we would probably prefer to spend our last night in Magic Kingdom. All of these suggestions are helpful, so Thank you to everyone who has responded.

We are on the Deluxe Dining Plan. We originally were doing regular dining, but when we decided to upgrade, we did try to get a reservation at BoG, but have not yet been able to. I do still keep checking. I really like Chefs de France, but I am not sure my DH and boys will. My only reluctance with keeping the reservation at Chefs de France is the idea that we would probably prefer to spend our last night in Magic Kingdom. All of these suggestions are helpful, so Thank you to everyone who has responded.
I would go with your gut then and eat at LTT instead. That way you can spend your last night in the MK. We tried the Diamond Horseshoe this last time we were at wdw and actually really liked it, but we had it for lunch. I've never done dinner there before, though.

We like LTT for lunch, when they have other options besides just the all you can eat feast. And we go to Chef’s for dinner almost every trip too. So we really enjoy both places.

But it seems like you answered your own question. You aren’t sure your family will like Chef’s & you want to be in MK. Seems like LTT would be better for your family.

With dinner at LTT, you'll be eating the fixed price family style meal, not off a menu. If that doesn't work for you, eat at Chefs de France instead.

I would consider boating to Whispering Canyon. I think boys would enjoy that more than the other two options
I haven't been to Whispering Canyon, but that sounds like a good idea. I'll add my suggestion of going to Ohana for the last night. That is our 'must repeat' every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter