Chefs de France experiences?

TeamSy

DIS Veteran
Eating our way around Epcot and this one is next! What has your experience been like? Planning on dining here our last day and grabbing an early dinner before walking back to the hotel and heading to the airport.

We ate there in February and loved it! I got the Beef tenderloin and my husband got a fish dish that is no longer on the menu and we were already talking about coming back before we even finished our meals. My steak was the best one I've had on property so far in 12 trips (never had steak at a signature so just know that) and my husband absolutely loved his meal. We are planning on returning next spring. The only negative I will say is that service was a little slow, but our waitress was very friendly and helpful.

There is a similar thread you can read yo get a. Opposing view.
We ate there in may. Had a great experience. Our server was great and our food very good. It can be noisy and some tables are close together, but not as bad as Le Cellier.

Not a lot to choose from if you have any allergies. I got a choice of salmon or steak. The only way I could get the fixed prices was to choose the salmon. The food was just OK and no discounts (AP / TiW) at dinner. We had an ADR for September that we canceled.

We ate there in February and thought the food and service were terrific, though we couldn’t eat everything. We had the prix fix dinner that came with appetizer, entree and dessert. I had Boeuf Bourguignon, the meat and vegetables were so tender and delicious. My husband had the onion soup app and loved it, followed by the Mac and cheese, which ended up being too much cheese for him in one meal, but it taste good. I would definitely recommend trying it, just be hungry when you go!🍽
To address and earlier comment, I have food allergies and had no issues- so I think it depends on your SPECIFIC allergy. WDW restaurants have been accommodating IMHO

We've been there twice and loved it both times. Between all of us we’ve had the steak frites, beef bourguignon, salmon, filet, and the macaroni gratin and everything was excellent. We also love their lobster bisque. The French onion soup and house salad were good, too. And the desserts are amazing... super rich. We’ve had the chocolate cake, apple tart, creme brûlée, and my favorite - the puff pastry swan with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Their kids meals are really large portions and a good quality as well.

We ate there for the first time during an adults only trip and enjoyed it so much that we returned with children this past April and June.
Sorry we waited so long.
Definitely one of the few 1 credit TS spots that has desserts that not only look good but taste great as well. The only dish I didn't like was the escargots; I've had much better in France and NYC.

My wife and I had dinner there last August. I actually wasn't looking forward to it because I'm not into, nor do I understand, French food. OMG was I wrong. We both had the Beef Tenderloin and it was amazing. Our server was great too in that he explained champagne to us. Suffice it to say we loved it!! We also had a window seat to people/rain watch :earboy2:

Doug :goofy:

Yummm. Great experience every time. Will have to say San Angel Inn is my favorite because Mexican Cuisine is my favorite and IMO nothing comes close, but CdF is very close at Epcot..and I dont normally really love french food!

The cheeseboards, onion soup, boeuf bourguingnon finished with sorbet MMMMMmmmmmm!

It can be a bit hit or miss. We went once many years ago and I can't remember what we had, but it was very good and we decided to go back a few years ago on another trip. That time I was very happy with my food but my wife felt her dinner was too salty. I also hated the glass of wine that I got but I didn't say anything about that because I decided that blind ordering wine is a gamble and I was prepared to lose that one. Plus, we felt very bad for our waiter, who was very friendly and helpful. He slipped carrying a full tray of food right next to our table and needless to say, everything went everywhere. He and the rest of the staff were very apologetic about the situation. Even though our last experience was not as good as our first one DW and I agree that we would go back and give it another chance because when it was good it was very good.

We love it we have dinner there every trip. I have family members with food allergies and they do a great job.

"Hit or miss"......that can be ANY restaurant on earth!!!

Have been several times and LOVE it!!

Go for it you will love it......

We like the food quite a bit, but service can be slow and sometimes it takes a long time to get seated at your table. The tables are very close together which does not usually pose a problem. However, the last time we were there, the family next to us was super loud, rude, and kind of gross. lol. I can reprimand my kids’ manners but total strangers would not appreciate it. We look forward to eating here most trips.

We never miss Chefs. Last trip we decided to try all new places at Epcot but half way through the trip I couldn't help myself - I changed Via Napoli to Chefs. I just had to have my "Gratin de Macaroni". The restaurant has a beautiful look and if you can speak a bit of French the normally snooty staff really open up to you.

Loved it. I’ve been to most of the countries in World Showcase in real life and it’s one of the only table service restaurants that feels like it could be in the actual country and not just a place dumbed down for theme park visitors.

Escargot comes without the shell, making it more palpable for the uninitiated. Duck entree was a wonderful alternative to WDW’s constant parade of beef.

Highly recommended.

We ate there in February and thought the food and service were terrific, though we couldn’t eat everything. We had the prix fix dinner that came with appetizer, entree and dessert. I had Boeuf Bourguignon, the meat and vegetables were so tender and delicious. My husband had the onion soup app and loved it, followed by the Mac and cheese, which ended up being too much cheese for him in one meal, but it taste good. I would definitely recommend trying it, just be hungry when you go!🍽
To address and earlier comment, I have food allergies and had no issues- so I think it depends on your SPECIFIC allergy. WDW restaurants have been accommodating IMHO
Dairy & soy. I was told ALL the meats had sauces that contained one or both. The only meat dish I could have was steak. Plain. The only item on the fixed price menu I could eat was salmon. I guess the majority of the dishes are pre prepared so they could modify nothing but these two.

I did much better at other restaurants. I was surprised. Disney is usually so good.

Last edited:
Dairy & soy. I was told ALL the meats had sauces that contained one or both. The only meat dish I could have was steak. Plain. The only item on the fixed price menu I could eat was salmon. I guess the majority of the dishes are pre prepared so they could modify nothing but these two.

I did much better at other restaurants. I was surprised. Disney is usually so good.
The sauces will do it. But there were only a few choices one the prix fix menu- besides salmon were Mac and cheese (dairy) and Boeuf Bourguignon (has a gravy with soy or dairy?), and maybe one more choice. Offering the beef (plain) and salmon seems reasonable.

I get it, because there are some things I can not eat. One of the things I’m allergic to is pork, so that pretty much eliminates breakfast in general- because I can’t take a chance of them cooking my food on a grill that has had bacon or ham on it.

Glad you had a better experience elsewhere. We cook in a lot on vacay and are doing the DP next trip, so it’ll be interesting to see how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter