Chefs de France - Dinner 12/8/06

mom2alix

<font color=teal>I know he is always on my side<br
This was the night Mr. & Mrs. B decided to let their two oldest kids go to the Cub’s Den so, Stitch – age 9 and Scamp – age 5 weren’t along for the meal. They had cheese pizza and played video games. We used their kids’ meals to order kids meals for the babies since this was our last night.

What we ate:

Our family:
DH: Lobster bisque, Filet de Bouef, Tarte au chocolate
Me: French pates plate, Filet de Bouef, Cream Puffs
DD4: Cheese puff, Kids’ fish n fries, chocolate ice cream
DS2: Cheese puff, Kids’ fish n fries, vanilla ice cream

Our Friends:
Mr. B: Escargots, and Lobster bisque (OOP), Beef ribs, Vanilla Crème brulee
Mrs. B: French Onion soup, Baked cod, Macaroon
The twins – 18 months Mickey and Minnie: Cheese puff, Chicken tenders and fries, strawberry ice cream

We also ordered a bottle of the Beauregard Cabernet that was suggested on the menu to accompany the filet. It was $38 for the bottle and was delicious! This was the very best meal of the trip. The food was excellent and Anthony, our waiter, was wonderful! When DD dropped her ring on the floor under the table, he actually crawled under there with me to look for it. That was way over and above the call of duty! Everything we ate was wonderful and cooked to perfection. I was actually a little jealous of the kids’ fish. It looked SOOO good! I tried a bite and it was. From the menu description I was kind of expecting Captain D’s type fish, but this was a really nice, pan-fried filet. My kids really enjoyed sharing the pate platter too, but there are big sausage fans so that wasn’t really a surprise. I asked our server which dessert to try and he recommended the Cream Puffs which was an excellent suggestion. I think I had the best dessert at the table, everyone else was drooling. This is a really loud restaurant so it also worked well with having so many little ones and still having a nice meal.

Ratings:
Service: A+
Food: A+
Atmosphere: A

Overall: This is a new Must Do restaurant for us. We have eaten at the Bistro too and I think the food is comparable at Chefs. The Bistro just has a much quieter, more sophisticated atmosphere. Basically, if we’re doing a date night, we’ll probably go to the Bistro again, but Chef’s is where we’ll go if we have the kids with us. Either way, a TS in France is a can’t miss experience!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

We ave never eaten at Chefs and are looking to try something new on our upcoming adults only anniversary trip. I think this one will be on our list. thanks for the review!

I second the opinion, Chefs de France far exceeded my expectations DH and I ate there on 12/5 and returned on 12/9 because it was one of our best experiences. THe second time did not disappoint either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter