• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickey's

We have yet to try dinner at Chef Mickey's; we'll be doing it, hopefully, in August. However, we've been to breakfast there twice. I know this will be unpopular, but I find this breakfast to be inferior to other character breakfasts. Our family likes Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare much better. I do think it is a matter of personal preference. The atmosphere at CM is definitely loud and fun, but I feel their breakfast buffet doesn't hold a candle to the 2 others I mentioned. Character interaction, to me, was equal at all. I should mention I have 3 DD's, so perhaps it is a girl thing. On our last trip, in December we did CM's and CRT. My girls enjoyed both, but asked if next time we could get back to 1900 Park. So there you have it! You will have a blast at any and all of these character meals, it really does depend on what you enjoy.

My husband, daughter, and I go to Disney World every year and Chef Mickeys is the ultimate in character dinners. We have attended both breakfast and dinner and they are both good, but if I had to choose only one it would be breakfast. The reason for this is because the dinner is large and after a hot day in the sun it may be a little overwhelming. The breakfast is also very large, but it is a good way to start the day and sometimes you can skip lunch because your stomach is still full.

In regards to other notes I saw posted about the restaurant being to loud is silly. Sure the restaurant is a big party, but that is what makes it so much fun!! Watching my daughter twirl her napkin around and joining in on the fun makes the noise just disappear because the focus is on her. This place just brings a smile to your face regardless what age you are.

To anybody that reads this, please go there and make sure you bring your camera with a lot of film - because this place is what going to Disney World is all about::earsgirl: :earsboy:

Last time we went to WDW, we couldn't get into the parks the first day, so we took a ride on the monorail and had dinner at CM. What a way to start the trip! It really put us in the mood. The characters were so much fun, esp. Goofy flirting with my DD (then 7). The food was surprisingly good for a buffet (I'm a little prejudiced against buffets; I prefer table service).

Next time we go, we will have UPHs, so I tried to convince the kids we should try some other character meal, like LTT or GG in a park. They were so adamantly opposed; it MUST be Chef Mickey's!

I was looking back at my pictures from CM...Priceless. The expressions on the kids' faces, the napkin dance...how can I argue?

We've been to Chef Mickey's twice for breakfast in the last year. It is such a party type atmosphere it really gets you excited to be in WDW!:D

Thanks for all the good conversation. (I am so excited to see my countdown clock when I post this!!!)

Chef Mickey's is our first night tradition. Since we don't do a park on our arrival day-- we do dinner at Chef Mickey's and shopping afterwards at DD. It is loud, there are people all over, but the atmosphere just seems to work for this place. We've always seen Minnie and Mickey- the others can be different. This last time we saw Stitch there too. Going back for dinner on 3/9!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter