Chef Mickey's or Cape May

MImommy

Earning My Ears
We want to do a character breakfast with our toddlers in March? We already have reservations at Chef Mickey's. I am thinking about changing to Cape May to try something different. We have eaten at Chef Mickey's before. Does anyone prefer one over the other? Does Mickey appear at both?

Mickey is not at Cape May (and neither is Pluto). We like the atmosphere at Cape May a little better since it is a little quieter, but as far as food goes, we find that there isn't too much difference with breakfast from any character meal to another. Our biggest problem with Cape May is that unless you are staying in the EPCOT resort area, it can be a pain to get to, especially the early ADR's.

Hello!

We have been to Chef Mickey's twice and also wanted to try something different for a character meal for our next trip.
I've read that Cape May does include Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy (I think) but not all of the other characters (Donald Pluto).
We visited the Beach Club in 2009 when we had family pictures taken and ate at Beaches & Cream for lunch but we took a peek at Cape May Cafe and the kids agreed we should try it on our next trip.
I think the food sounds great and it's neat that the characters are in nautical clothing. We can't wait!
There are lots of other character meal choices too so I'm sure whatever you pick you won't be disappointed! ;)

Michelle

We did the cape may breakfast our last trip and found that the food there was ok but nothing great. We were going to epcot that day so it worked well for us to eat there that morning. Depending on what you plans are for that day should tell you where to go. In the end i think the food is about the same.

We love, love, LOVE Cape May Breakfast....it is a must do for our family. The food is always hot and fresh and the character interaction is awesome. Unfortunately you will not see Mickey there, but you will see Minnie, Donald, and Goofy dressed in their beach attire (too cute). Like the PP stated, the restaurant is so quiet and not hectic like CMs, they don't do any dancing or napkin twirling, instead it is a more relaxed, laid back sort of atmosphere where the characters will come to your table twice if you stay long enough. As for CM, we really do not care for this meal at all. We have tried both dinner and breakfast, which breakfast was much better, but compared to Cape May, we will choose that any day of the week. I do have to agree with the PP about the travels to get to BC, if you do want to do this breakfast, I would get an ADR when either DHS or Epcot is opened that day and then either walk over to the BC from Epcot or take a boat ride over from DHS. Have fun and good luck deciding.

Cape May does include Minnie, Goofy & Donald. No Mickey.

I think both places are great choices but the one time we've been to Chef Mickey's it was more hectic and loud and Cape May seems to be more relaxed. I love the boardwalk area where the Beach Club is. Getting there isn't as easy, if you aren't staying in that area, but certainly worth the trip.

We want to do a character breakfast with our toddlers in March? We already have reservations at Chef Mickey's. I am thinking about changing to Cape May to try something different. We have eaten at Chef Mickey's before. Does anyone prefer one over the other? Does Mickey appear at both?

It's been a long time (11 years) since I've been to Chef Mickey's, and we were at Cape May in '09. I *LOVED* Cape May. Very quiet and relaxing and just plain fun. My memories of Chef Mickey's are of a chaotic, loud restaurant. Don't know if that's still true. If given the choice, I'd do Cape May.

I've heard nothing but mixed reviews for Chef Mickey's. I've heard nothing but positive reviews for Cape May. We have been to both and I would definitely go to Cape May again. Good luck!

Just went to Chef Mickey's for the first time last weekend and I would choose Cape May hands down. I think the food is better at Cape May and the Characters spend more time at each table. Just my experience.

Enjoy whichever you choose.

We did breakfast at both last trip and Cape May was a million times better than Chef Mickey's. The food was fresh, hot and delicious. The character (Minnie, Goofy and Donald) interaction was top notch...each character managed to come around twice both mornings we were there and spent a few minutes at each table cutting up with everyone. The servers were very attentive and helpful. The Beach Club atmosphere was much more mild, calm and relaxing. It was really a great way to start a day at Disney!

Chef Mickey's on the other hand, was just bad, bad, BAD and we have no plans of going back any time soon!

We like Chef Mickeys but we LOVE LOVE LOVE Cape May. The food is awesome and the atmosphere is alot more relaxing

Chef Mickey's is just way too chaotic.

Cape May has a wonderful, relaxed atmosphere, just like the resort it's housed in.

J

I personally prefer Cape May for breakfast. I find the food to be better and the atmosphere is more relaxed than Chef Mickey's which tends to be loud and rowdy. The characters seem to spend more time at each table as well.

Cape May is our all time favorite character breakfast!! We love it so much that we have made it a tradition to eat here on check-out day. We have always had wonderful service, good food and awesome character interaction. The characters usually stop by the table 2-3 times during the meal - we go in June so it's not one of the slower times of year, either. It just isn't as hectic as some of the other character breakfasts seem to be. Last June we saw Minnie, Goofy and Donald all in their beach attire -- too cute!
20100617_5256.jpg

20100617_5267.jpg

20100617_5263.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter