• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickey's ..never been..thought about going..

We have had breakfast there 4 times in the past 6 years and are returning again in July. We have also tried a couple other character breakfasts, but to us, they dont measure up to Chef Mickeys! Loads of fun and yummy food too!

This is one of our favorites. The food was excellent and we had Donald, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale. they played a lot of music and at one point we all joined in waving our napkins. We had a very good experience with the CM who was our waittress. She was an absolute gem. It can get a bit noisy but for some reason this didn't bother our DS who is very sound sensitive. As a matter of fact we had a seat where we could clearly see the monorail go by and the kids loved it. I never found the buffett area very crowded either for some reason. It is pretty large. Highly, highly recommend.

We've dined there a few times for breakfast and we were pleased.:D

Dined there for dinner in 2002 and never again. Worst meal I've ever had on WDW property!! Food was awful, very little character interaction (only 2 characters came by in an hours time frame) and the servers were rushing people to get other guests in. Complete and total waste of money in my honest opinion.
:mad: :crazy2:

I agree with Terk-1. It is the second worst dining experience I've had in my life (1st would be sitting at waffle house for an hour with our empty drink glasses waiting on our food. Then the waitress brings the check and argued with us that we ate and she already cleaned the table)

Anyway the food was uneatable. Cold bland and overcooked. The deserts looked like kids had been making sand castles in them. The server for the table next to us had to make the characters come up to the little area we were seated in. all the kids up there were in tears seeing the characters visit downstairs 2X without even glancing in our direction. The service was almost as bad as my waffle house story. We saw the server 2X. Once when he took the drink order and then when he brought the check. Drinks and enough for 1 refill a piece were left on the table while we were at the buffet.

We went in May 2003 with dd9, dd8, ds4 for our first night meal. We had 5:30pm ps's and were seated within 10 minutes. Donald, Goofy, Chip N Dale, and Minnie were on hand. It was very active and loud but loads of fun for our kids. The characters all came around before we were done and were gracious with picture taking and autograph signing. The kids liked having their own buffet area to go to and loved the dessert area as well. As far as food for the adults, I thought it was as good as most other dinners we did. The napkin waving time was a hoot! When else are your kids allowed to be loud and wave napkins around their head?! My kids want to go again when we go back this May. I think we are going to do breakfast this time.

PS--I am also in Indiana with snow & ice everywhere and temp around 15. Disney trip can't be here soon enough!

We ate there this last trip. I ignored every negative comment from here, and I gave it an honest try. We ate dinner there, and we will never be back. Characters were slow. Too many times they walked by our table and didn't stop, explain that to a two year old, and the food was not impressive. I know you pay for the experience. We had no problem doing that at the castle. However, here you are eating in a hotel, the atmosphere is nothing super, and it's just not worth our money.

We've eaten there twice for dinner. Both times the food was okay. Its not the type of place where you will say its the best meal you've ever had. However, my DW, whose taste in food is pretty basic, enjoyed her meals there.
We did have to wait at times for characters, but they were great. The second trip our young son was melting down, and several of the characters spent some serious time trying to get a smile out of him.
We have a PS there in a week. I'll let you know how it goes.

I agree with pjs755...not the kind of place you'd say you've had the best meal of your life, but still fun and food was satisfactory. We go for our kids...they love it and they love the kids buffet. They love the atmosphere and we've actually had great interaction with the characters. We'll be going back in May....we'll see how it is then!

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's is great-wonderful character interaction, great food, terrific atmosphere. Dinner is another story-you still have great character experience (IMHO), but the food really isn't that good.

We did this arrival night, flying in from the West coast. Mistake on our part. we were too tired. The characters didn't stop at our table very long at all----long enough to take a quick pic (we have two small boys) and then they left, except for Chip- he hung around and played for a few minutes. Food was okay. It was LOUD, chaotic, weird seating process....you put your name in, you wait, then you get called and wait to get your picture taken, then you wait another minute or two and are sat down. I think if we tried this meal on another night we might have enjoyed it more, but I can't say we will be going back for dinner. Maybe breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter