Chef Mickey's: Breakfast vs Dinner?

prashidzada

Earning My Ears
So I hear the food at Chef Mickeys is nothing to write home about, but I'm taking my daughter next week. I do have reservations for both a breakfast and dinner... It is expensive, so I was planning on doing just one...anyone have any recs on which one? Are characters more interactive and fresh in the morning vs the evening? Is food better at one vs the other? Appreciate any advice!

The characters will be just as enthusiastic no matter what meal you go to.

I've done both but it's been a number of years. One thing I'd consider is that breakfast could eat into the advantages of early park hours. I think the food was ok at both, but I like dinner food more than breakfast items.

We went two months ago for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was! Our previous experiences (pre-pandemic) with Chef Mickey’s food weren’t great but we loved it on our most recent trip. The character interaction was great, the food was genuinely good, and we had an awesome time. Our only complaint is that there isn’t an ice cream bar anymore, and the desserts were nothing special. Overall though, I think dinner is a great choice.

I've done both but it's been a number of years. One thing I'd consider is that breakfast could eat into the advantages of early park hours. I think the food was ok at both, but I like dinner food more than breakfast items.
Agreed. With the crowds these days getting at park early is more important than ever. We never eat a large breakfast.

I personally prefer dinner, as I feel there are more food options then breakfast. Both meals are good, not great, but then you not here just for the food, right?

We've always preferred breakfast, not crazy over the selection at dinner. Breakfast is pretty standard for a buffet so ok but never great.

We ate Dinner @ Mickey's a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. The character interaction seemed very well organized and periodically would circulate around to every table. The small children in our party enjoyed it. The buffet was good and had a lot of variety of items to choose from as I recall. It isn't gourmet dining, but I didn't expect it to be. Part of the price is the character interaction aspect. We stayed @ Contemporary and the morning rush for breakfast seemed way more crowded to us. Dinner was more of a leisurely time as it didn't seem like people were rushing to eat and then race off to the park.

We ate Dinner @ Mickey's a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. The character interaction seemed very well organized and periodically would circulate around to every table. The small children in our party enjoyed it. The buffet was good and had a lot of variety of items to choose from as I recall. It isn't gourmet dining, but I didn't expect it to be. Part of the price is the character interaction aspect. We stayed @ Contemporary and the morning rush for breakfast seemed way more crowded to us. Dinner was more of a leisurely time as it didn't seem like people were rushing to eat and then race off to the park.
We’ve always done dinner there and surprisingly have found it to be one of the better buffets in Disney. It’s certainly not gourmet, but does have a lot of variety and a fair amount of decent things. I completely agree that breakfast seems more hectic and busy and usually has long lines at peak times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter