• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickey ADR before heading to airport

columbus2016

Earning My Ears
Our flight home is at 3:40PM - so from I read here, we will be on the DME bus approximately 3 hour before - so about 12:40PM.

We are staying on WL and have Chef Mickey ADR @ 10:40AM. Is this cutting it close?

You have to catch DME from your home resort, so I do think that's cutting it too close. I'd look for an earlier time.

I've seen the DME time as much as 4 hours before the flight.

I've seen the DME time as much as 4 hours before the flight.

Its 4 hours for international flights only. It was 4 hours for domestic flights during the busy holiday season when the airport was under construction, but they've changed it back to 3 hours now.

OP, I agree that its cutting it close. I would allow at least 45 minutes by boat between WL and CR. You also want to give yourself time to pick up any carry-on bags from bell services. And you're supposed to be at the DME bus stop 15 minutes or so before your pick-up time. Also keep in mind your actual pick-up time can vary by +/- 15 minutes or so from the 3 hour estimate.

I would do it. I would also let server know you are on a time crunch. Ask for check after first plate. Be willing to leave before all characters worst case.

If you want this one, try checking in early. Pay the check before the end of the meal.

Thank you for the suggestion of asking the check early in the meal. I'm still looking for earlier reservation with no luck so far.

I'm not oppose of taking an Uber to the airport if we are late for the DME. How is the availability of uberFamily (uber with car seat) around the WDW resort? Will we have trouble finding one? I really don't want to bring a car seat (we have 1 & 7).

I read about the Minnie Van to the airport - but it's $150 one way. Ouch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter