• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Art Smith's Homecoming

it's very simple. food is a very personal experience. it's pretty much why I tell people places I like and say have at it on your own.
It's why I always chuckle when someone posts a thread asking for "the best" place for [x]. Eventually, every place for [x] will be mentioned. And then most other places too, when responders ignore the original question.

It's why I always chuckle when someone posts a thread asking for "the best" place for [x]. Eventually, every place for [x] will be mentioned. And then most other places too, when responders ignore the original question.
Right so for me x are all the best and y are the worse but you for y are the best and x is the worse. neither of us are wrong or right. it's personal. you got to go and experience it all for yourself.

I get what you’re saying, but there’s essentially a whole section in this forum dedicated to people asking for other’s opinions about restaurants. The why behind why people think it’s the best (or just their personal favorite) allows people to consider whether the restaurant aligns with what they’re looking for.

It's one of my go-to favorites when at Disney Springs. I find the fried chicken salad to be delicious.

We ate here for the first time this month. We loved it there and would go back again. I got the fried chicken and it was almost too much food.

My family loves Homecoming. But we've also enjoyed Cracker Barrel every time we visited. The fried chicken and catfish are both delicious.

If Cracker Barrel was in Disney Springs and kept the same prices, there would be a line with a 2 hour wait to get in. You know how I know that? "Old School" Mrs. Knott's Fried Chicken reminds me a lot of Cracker Barrel. I grew up near Knott's Berry Farm, and I used to go there with my family all the time. The first time we walked into a Cracker Barrel, we looked at each other and said "Mrs. Knotts!"

That's high praise from us. Mrs. Knotts isn't what it used to be after the remodel and other "improvements", but in it's prime it was truly amazing for a theme park restaurant. And it had the lines to prove it.

My family loves Homecoming. But we've also enjoyed Cracker Barrel every time we visited. The fried chicken and catfish are both delicious.

If Cracker Barrel was in Disney Springs and kept the same prices, there would be a line with a 2 hour wait to get in. You know how I know that? "Old School" Mrs. Knott's Fried Chicken reminds me a lot of Cracker Barrel. I grew up near Knott's Berry Farm, and I used to go there with my family all the time. The first time we walked into a Cracker Barrel, we looked at each other and said "Mrs. Knotts!"

That's high praise from us. Mrs. Knotts isn't what it used to be after the remodel and other "improvements", but in it's prime it was truly amazing for a theme park restaurant. And it had the lines to prove it.
Although, the chicken and dumplings at Knott’s blows CB out of the water. If I lived close enough, I would hit Knott’s often. Such good biscuits.

Although, the chicken and dumplings at Knott’s blows CB out of the water. If I lived close enough, I would hit Knott’s often. Such good biscuits.
Yeah, it was worth a trip to Knott's just to eat there. Indeed, it's why Knott's Berry Farm was there in the first place! The biscuits paired with their boysenberry jam was so good I was always in danger of filling up on them before even starting my meal. CB has pretty good biscuits, too, but Knott's still has them beat.

Homecoming has a lot of great dishes. If you want fried chicken, it's the best option in Disney Springs. Loved their shrimp and grits. The Moonshine drinks are also very nice. If you don't have an ADR, you can usually find a place at the bar without too long a wait. But I agree that there are many other excellent options there, so we don't often eat there when we visit.

Homecomin is a must every trip for us, make your own opinion. Was just there in August and it was great - I appreciate a good chicken sandwich though. We're trying the brunch this weekend...

This is coming from someone that can't quite find something great at Boathouse even though I've tried... Raglan Road is our number one, highly recommend the bread pudding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter