Chef Art Smiths Homecoming thoughts

LOVE homecoming? not so much. I was SO looking forward to eating there and trying their "Famous" chicken....tried it...didn't like it! not impressed with the flavor and the dryness of the Chicken at all! So, I ordered the Sea Bass over veggies and it was AMAZING! So tender, not dry. I did however LOVE the Chicken and Dumplings..It's Chef's family recipe and totally different from any other you have had...try it you will love it! as for the restaurant, it was PACKED! we had reservations for months and it took us about a half hour to be seated on a Wednesday night! All I can say, if you want to try it...try it.

I love their deviled eggs. Sometimes we'll stop at the bar on my way out of Disney Springs, order a drink and eggs, and take some deviled eggs back to the room in an egg holder. Love them for breakfast the next day.

I enjoy Homecomin' in general, not just for the eggs. My husband doesn't like to stay long there because he hates country music. So a quick visit to the bar is about all I can manage when he's with me.

I cannot say enough yummy things about Homecomin. It became an instant Disney favorite amongst our family. My husband and I shared the deviled eggs and hushpuppies w/ peppered jelly as an appetizer. Oh my.., heavenly!

We loved it, but my parents felt like it was a "one and done" type of place.

We had a reservation in September for just the two of us and, thanks to Irma, my husband's best friend evacuated the Keys with his wife to Orlando. We went to Disney Springs to hang out for a couple hours before our reservation so we went to the hostess at Homecomin' and asked if it would be a problem to add two more people. They were very accommodating and had no problem seating the four of us. I've enjoyed everything I've eaten there. I think when we went with my parents they had built it up to expect "the best chicken in the world", which I don't think it is, but it is really good. And we love the atmosphere.

My favorite thing is the fried chicken sandwich, and I get a side of the pepper jelly that comes with the hushpuppies to put on my sandwich. Delish. And there is no better dessert in all of Disney World than the hummingbird cake. I love it so much!

We're headed there in a few days, and we had no issues adding another to our reservation, but it was also at 10pm because it's our second day and we're all from west-coast time zone areas. That may have had something to do with it.

tell me about this.... we do this at home at a fave restaurant with our 4 year old...but it has actual seat yourself tables....is this the same?

long wait around 5pm on a friday?

It's changed a bit since they opened. Now, if you sit at a table in the bar, I believe you get served just like inside. If you sit at the bar, you get served by the bartender, but can order the full menu if you want. I'm not sure about the tables outside. The last time we sat there, we went inside to get our food then brought it out to the tables to eat.

I can't promise about 5pm on a Friday, but there's actually a lot of room. I've never seen the bar close to full, but I admit that we sometimes end up there at strange times of day for a drink and a snack.

Good luck! We really like it, but there are tons of other great places at Disney Springs these days, too.

We went here back in February and it was by far the best meal we had on property. In fact when I go back in February this will be the one meal I pay for out of pocket because we have the Disney dining plan. I have no words for how good this place this is.

No idea about adding more people. We LOVED it when we went over spring break! Delicious food, yummy! And the cocktails were welcome after a 2 day drive with 3 kids!

It's changed a bit since they opened. Now, if you sit at a table in the bar, I believe you get served just like inside. If you sit at the bar, you get served by the bartender, but can order the full menu if you want. I'm not sure about the tables outside. The last time we sat there, we went inside to get our food then brought it out to the tables to eat.

I can't promise about 5pm on a Friday, but there's actually a lot of room. I've never seen the bar close to full, but I admit that we sometimes end up there at strange times of day for a drink and a snack.

Good luck! We really like it, but there are tons of other great places at Disney Springs these days, too.

But you can just walk in to the bar area and sir at any open table and be served with out adr?

or must be on barstools?

But you can just walk in to the bar area and sir at any open table and be served with out adr?

or must be on barstools?

I believe that you walk in and they seat you at the tables. Or you can seat yourself at the barstools.
But I don't think they take reservations for the tables in the bar area. Those tables are first come-first served. At least, it was as of July.

Dw and I ate there last week. We had the chicken thigh biscuits, the bbq plate and the grouper sandwich with a side of mashed potatoes. Loved the chicken meat but the biscuits were raw and doughy inside. BBQ plate delicious along with the Mac n cheese that came with it. Grouper was good but the bun was so soggy it couldn’t hold the sandwich. It just felll apart. Mashed potatoes were amazing.

We ate there Sunday night and loved it. DH had the fried chicken and I had the catfish. It was very, very good. I also had the margarita. We'll go back next trip (whenever that is)

This restaurant was a surprising hit for us. The chicken was delectable, and I had the donuts and fries as well.

My meal must have been ready before the rest of our table, because my donuts and fries arrived at a less-than-optimal temperature. When I inquired if the donuts were supposed to be cool to the touch and the fries the same, the server was horrified and returned quickly with fresh donuts and fresh fries. They really care about presentation, but they don't temp everything on its way out of the kitchen, so a quick "Hey, is this supposed to be cold on service?" goes a long way. Maybe it is, and maybe it's not. I have no way of knowing what their service expectations are and want to experience the food as it's meant to be experienced.

I had the moonshine of some sort, though I forget what. It was delicious. The sweet tea shine was also delicious.

This one goes firmly in the "Let's go here next time" category.

DH and I ate there for lunch a couple of weeks ago and loved it! We had the fried green tomatoes (amazing) and the chicken and donuts. Everything was delicious!

Had the turkey club and mac-n-cheese. It was very, very good. No reservation required as the bar had open seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter