Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' - Wait Times

RCKC2018

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We will be visiting November 09 - 16, staying off property. I checked availability for Homecomin' every night and there are no reservations available for dinner. The earliest I saw was after 10pm a couple of the nights.

Has anyone waited for a table? If so, approximately how long was the wait? Saturday the 9th is a Saturday on a holiday weekend, so I'm anticipating large crowds, but is this place so popular the wait would be hours long?

Have you looked on OpenTable? You can often find tables there as well.

Also - how many people will you have? You can sit in the Shine Bar and get full menu service out there, and it's been a long while since I've seen it packed out there. I think my wait has been like maybe 5 minutes if I wanted a table in the Shine Bar or non-existent if I was willing to sit at the bar.

Check out the TouringPlans reservation finder as well - it's great at helping get those hard-to-find reservations! Has never failed me.

Have you looked on OpenTable? You can often find tables there as well.

Also - how many people will you have? You can sit in the Shine Bar and get full menu service out there, and it's been a long while since I've seen it packed out there. I think my wait has been like maybe 5 minutes if I wanted a table in the Shine Bar or non-existent if I was willing to sit at the bar.

Check out the TouringPlans reservation finder as well - it's great at helping get those hard-to-find reservations! Has never failed me.

It looks like Homecomin' is one of the few (only?) Disney Springs restaurants not on Open Table.

There are just 2 of us. I wouldn't be opposed to waiting a bit at the bar and getting a couple of drinks. Not sure if we would want to eat at it.

Thanks.

I have the same issue for our October trip. I have not been able to get a reservation and it is just the two of us also. I hope someone has experience with waiting on a table without a reservation. My husband would love the food here but he will not wait an hour or more for a table.

It looks like Homecomin' is one of the few (only?) Disney Springs restaurants not on Open Table.

There are just 2 of us. I wouldn't be opposed to waiting a bit at the bar and getting a couple of drinks. Not sure if we would want to eat at it.

Thanks.

I've had meals at the bar plenty of times - it's very comfy-cozy. The chairs are comfy and have backs to them, and the bar is deep and chairs spread out enough where you don't feel like you're on top of each other.

Again, you can also get a table inside and outside at the Shine Bar as a walk-up and still get full menu service.

Trust 30/29 days, again at 6/5 days, and again the day before. These are cut-offs dates for packsges, rooms, no-show charges, i.e. when people tend to cancel.

Homecomin has been fully booked that week since the 180 day mark. I have had Reservation finder checks on it since then and had nothing earlier than the 22:15 that is available via MDE. As Kaytieeldr says, check back at T-minus 60 and 30 days as people will often adjust their ADRs to accommodate their FPs.

Absolutely love this restaurant, which coming from the UK, gives me access to food I am unable to get at home! Plus the moonshine is great. Apple Pie à la mode especially!

Yeah they are not on open table. I was there last dec and it was over an hour wait. I just ate at the indoor bar. It was too cold for the outdoor tables to be in use that may have contributed to the wait.

Thanks.

Try the Touring Plans reservation finder. You don’t need the subscription for it. It’s never failed to get me an ADR I wanted and couldn’t manage at 180, especially with just 2 people. That was actually how I got my Homecomin ADR for my arrival night tomorrow. Just be sure to enter your phone number because I find the texts come faster than the emails.

They do walk ups. Our first meal we arrived around 5:30 and checked to see if we could wait. We were told 10-15 minutes for a table (nothing available on MDE and I had been checking for weeks), or we could go right in and eat at the bar. We chose the bar and had a FANTASTIC MEAL.

The one time we ate there was a walk up with 4 people on a Sunday evening, had a table in ten minutes.

We have been there and were told they weren't taking walk ups. We have also waited 45 minutes past our reservation time to be seated. Both of these were at pre 6pm times.

They leave space for walk-ups, which is one of the reasons why reservations are hard to come by. We (party of 2) have never waited more than 10 minutes and often sit immediately at the bar (GREAT service and very comfortable).

We have walked up with a party of 6 and had a 20 minute wait. Since they text you when it's ready, we just wandered until the table was available.

We just booked for lunch for the 13th...plenty of times to pick but only one dinner option. Lunch time will work better for us since we aren't going to any parks on our first day.

We just booked for lunch for the 13th...plenty of times to pick but only one dinner option. Lunch time will work better for us since we aren't going to any parks on our first day.

November 13th? I just looked through the entire day and the only times I saw were after 10pm.

November 13th? I just looked through the entire day and the only times I saw were after 10pm.

Yeppers booked last night. I was searching by time and there were a lot from 10a to like 3p.

Attachments

• 20190807_072458.jpg
    20190807_072458.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 6
I'm about to cancel a nov.12 reservation for 2. Just giving you guys on here a chance to grab if u need it

Yeppers booked last night. I was searching by time and there were a lot from 10a to like 3p.

The only time I see that day is 10:15pm. Are you guys staying on property? Maybe Disney prioritizes reservations for people who stay on site?

The only time I see that day is 10:15pm. Are you guys staying on property? Maybe Disney prioritizes reservations for people who stay on site?

We are but I've not known them to do that. I agree with @Meglen try searching for 3 people, you can then modify for 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter