Cheesy barbecue brisket at Geyser Point

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
is very tasty. Wish we’d asked for the recipe! I’ve googled and poked around a bit but cannot find one. Any thoughts?

Never eaten it but did see a pic and description online:

"The Cheesy Barbecue Brisket is a shareable dip (IF you’re feeling generous
icon_wink.gif
) . The “cheesy” part is composed of Provolone and Tillamook Cheddar, and is garnished with a few jalapeño slices."

Based on that I'd say pull up your fav crockpot (or instant pot) Texas style brisket recipe and after it's cooked and shredded, add grated or shredded cheese and jalapeno slices atop. Make sure to leave the pot top on so the cheese will melt and the pepper slices wilt a bit.You can make ahead and freeze in 1 qt bags.

Not sure of the seasonings used for the GP version but you can rarely go wrong with a dry rub that includes lots of fresh Hungarian sweet paprika. Can't see smoked sweet paprika hurting either but then I've been on a Pimenton kick for a while, LOL. I tend to combine my own spice mixtures so can't recommend any specific off the shelf versions.

HTH!

Last edited:
Never eaten it but did see a pic and description online:

"The Cheesy Barbecue Brisket is a shareable dip (IF you’re feeling generous
icon_wink.gif
) . The “cheesy” part is composed of Provolone and Tillamook Cheddar, and is garnished with a few jalapeño slices."

Based on that I'd say pull up your fav crockpot (or instant pot) Texas style brisket recipe and after it's cooked add shredded cheese and jalapeno slices atop. Make sure to leave the pot top on so the cheese will melt and the pepper slices wilt a bit.You can make ahead and freeze in 1 qt bags.

Not sure of the seasonings used for the GP version but you can rarely go wrong with a dry rub that includes lots of fresh Hungarian sweet paprika. Can't see smoked sweet paprika hurting either but then I've been on a Pimenton kick for a while, LOL. I tend to combine my own spice mixtures so can't recommend any specific off the shelf versions.

HTH!

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter